MD Forte MD Forte Facial Lotion III

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

amazing!!!!! clears everything and doesnt cause any irritation. really good for people that have acne because too much UV rays

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was using Paula’s Choice 2% Liquid AHA up until November and unfortunately, this product worsened my skin. Paula’s Choice has great customer service, though, and they refunded me without any questions. After reading all the rave reviews, I decided to order some products from MD Forte. I used their Facial Cleanser II and Facial Lotion II three years ago, but I stopped because “natural” and “organic” was all the rage and I was advised to stop using ‘harsh’ chemicals on my skin. I believe that was a huge mistake because I can remember telling my friends to purchase from MD Forte because I was so happy with the results back then.

So, I ordered from skinstore and used the 20% off coupon that a few reviewers had mentioned (thanks! it worked!). On Christmas Eve, I received my products: Glycare Cleansing Gel, Glycare Perfection Gel, Glycare II, Replenish Hydrating Cream, Facial Lotion III and the Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-masque. With the overnight shipping and tax, I think it came to around $115 or something, which is pretty good if you ask me. That day, I began the regimen for my oily/acne prone skin which can be found here: http://www.skincare-md.com/index.cfm?event=mdforteregimen (you can find the regimen for your skin type) and also used the mask for 15 minutes after cleansing. I should add, however, that this regimen is not advised by MD Forte, but by skinstore, and MD Forte advises that you develop a regimen with your physician or dermatologist – and for good reason too! The first week was like hell for my skin. There was A LOT of purging: my skin was very tingly, the glycare perfection gel, in particular, gave me a burning sensation for the first few days, and I got 4-7 hard pimples on my face (when I usually have 2-3 smaller and manageable ones). However, the first day I used it my mom said that my skin looked better so I think that the mask worked very well and the replenish hydrating cream made my skin velvety smooth. So, purging is to be expected with this regimen, however, if you were using MD Forte II products before, I don’t think it will be as bad. The only reason I went straight to Level III is because I used Jason’s 12% aha gel and PC’s 2% and my skin is very oily, so I thought it would be okay.

Anyway, this past Tuesday, it was officially the second week I had been doing the regimen and even before realizing that, I noticed how much more even my skin has gotten. My face is noticeably smoother, my pores are smaller and my skin tone is more even and I can only thank MD Forte for that. Also, one test I do to see how well the product is working is to do some whitehead extractions on my nose (the white stuff beneath your skin that you can’t really see) and there was a lot less white stuff that came out than before which means that the products are really exfoliating, deep cleansing and rejuvenating my skin. I am really excited to see the full results on week 6 or after the 2 month mark!! I have a lot of scarring and it is definitely fading, and even today my friend said that my makeup looked really good (which has EVERYTHING to do with the canvas you’re putting it on) and I noticed a lot more men looking too ;)

I was going to wait until after 6 weeks of using the products to write a review, but I am so pleased with the results so far that I want you all to know about it. If you have acne or oily skin, do yourself a favor and try MD Forte products and if you’re really gung ho, use the full line like me! It is winter, so using sunscreen is probably not as important as the summer, but you should still get in the habit of using a sunscreen if you are using these products. I use the Vichy 60 SPF (I know its a lot but its weather resistant to) – I put it on after the replenish hydrating cream, and then as a last step I use Cover FX primer before putting on my makeup (cover fx concealer).

Anyway, I will update this review in 4 weeks or if I happen to notice a big change in my skin before then.

P.S. For those who will also do the regimen or use MD forte products, I saw a tip on the website that said that you can do a few glycolic acid masks to speed up the skin renewal process and then you will get clearer skin faster. I definitely don’t have money for that, but to those of you who do, I suggest you talk to your derm about that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good product. I also use MD Forte 20% and 30% glycolic cleanser. I do not apply this product if I am going to be in the sun. However, I would start by cleaning with 20% in the morning and apply lotion 3 and then Cliniques City Block SPF 25. In the evenings I cleanse with 30% cleanser and apply the lotion. I give my skin a break with Boscia cleanser... this is excellent at keeping your skin clean! I am 29 years old and I am using this product to try and clear my skin of some shallow ice pick scars. Right now my skin looks much smoother than using scubs which irritate my skin and can cause more acne if bacteria gets in.