MD Forte MD Forte Facial Lotion III

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.7

Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

amazing!!!!! clears everything and doesnt cause any irritation. really good for people that have acne because too much UV rays

I was given the glycolic cream III by my dermatologist to help with red acne scars. I have to say it has done an amazing job when used in combination with Differin gel. However, in the summer months the cream does tend to make my skin more oily.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Only 2 fl oz for $50 is my main complaint! But, if you want buttery soft, well exfoliated skin, this is the product for you. This exfoliates better than a physical one ever could. With a high percentage of glycolic acid, be careful starting off. This actually abraded my skin, leaving open small wounds. After my skin got more used to the potent formulation, it started looking much better than before. I was having problems with marks that I left on my face from a serious picking session and hormonal acne and now the marks are much improved. It took two months, but I think without this lotion the process would have been much longer. Now I don't have to wear full cover concealer over the marks. Also, I haven't broken out since I started using this stuff. Extractions are much easier, too. I had a problem with whiteheads that got harder to extract with the MD Forte Facial Wash. I think the Facial Wash has something in it where if I leave it on my face for too long my pores clog. Not with this lotion. Of course I still get the occasional closed clogged pore, but with continued use of the lotion, I just steam the clogged pore for a minute with a hot washcloth and extract that sucker. I highly recommend this lotion for people who want exfoliation, reduced marks left behind by acne. I still have sunspots and this is not a miracle product for them, but I haven't found a product that gets rid of those. I might have to laser those off. But for now, while I'm young and poor, I'll stick with this little miracle worker. My boyfriend always comments on how soft my skin is! Try it, you won't believe how soft your skin will get! Oh. It kinda sucks that your skin gets a little sticky after application-- but I use this at night so it's no biggie.
EDIT: great thing about this product is that it layers well with other products for nighttime. I use it under my retinol cream and my fade cream for my sunspots. Many times AHA are added to creams to make active ingredients work better, so this is my version. So far it seems to work well. I don't mix benzoyl peroxide and AHA-- I've heard that they inactivate each other.