Confessions of A Beauty Editor by Linda Wells      (Uploaded by starablaze)

4.4

77%
would repurchase
4.8/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

Aug/18/2009

I bought my copy because I kept taking it out of the library, re reading it and getting fresh ideas each time,

Now that I've loaned it to my sister, I may pop for a second copy, I'm missing it already.

Full of useful stuff regarding makeup, skin care, facial care, nails, hair and so forth.

I had no idea there was a magazine until I noticed a display last …

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

Jun/24/2009

I love this book!!! it has nice pictures and lots of great ideas - as an allure lover I had to get this book...and I would buy another book by Linda Wells anyday!!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (397 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

Jun/24/2009

160 beautiful color photos & illustrations.
Over 180 pages of great tips & tricks.
It's like a giant magazine full of only beauty sections :)
This is the very first beauty book I ever bought, I would usually just check them out from the library...lol
(copyright 2006)

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

Aug/26/2008

i actually like this book a lot. it is humorous and informative. i bought it when it first came out and i still pull it out often to read through it again.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

fromjadkin

Mar/26/2008

so glad i found this at winners for $20! i had taken it out from the library last summer and loved it. i adore allure magazine... and this is just an extended version! the language is very casual, but the advice is concrete, almost scientific. i love it. i took off one lippie because it wasn't bigger!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesBlue

Dec/11/2007

Rather than display popular products and step by step tutorials, this book has some very useful tips. I actually learned a few new tricks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (335 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

3.0

Nov/13/2007

I checked this book from my local library. I wouldn't buy though. I thought the book had a lot of information, but I already knew much of it. There were some helpful tips though. The book was ok.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

Nov/10/2007

This book, written by the founder/editor of Allure Magazine, was such a disappointment. Very few pictures of mu looks, and no stand-out tips or tricks. Vague explanations. I was astonished at how boyish and rude the author seems. No product suggestions whatsoever. It's a great book if you are new to the concept, but overall, just ok. Thankfully, I checked mine out from the local library.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

Apr/25/2007

this book is great... great tips, pictures, information and its funny! you will read it again and again and always find something new... a great buy!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium