4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I bought my copy because I kept taking it out of the library, re reading it and getting fresh ideas each time, Now that I've loaned it to my sister, I may pop for a second copy, I'm missing it already. Full of useful stuff regarding makeup, skin care, facial care, nails, hair and so forth. I had no idea there was a magazine until I noticed a display last October in my Chapters bookstore, and made the connection. I enjoyed the magazine and have bought the new issue faithfully ever since. Great book, great magazine! Highly recommended.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love this book!!! it has nice pictures and lots of great ideas - as an allure lover I had to get this book...and I would buy another book by Linda Wells anyday!!

About reviewer (397 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

11 years ago

160 beautiful color photos & illustrations. Over 180 pages of great tips & tricks. It's like a giant magazine full of only beauty sections :) This is the very first beauty book I ever bought, I would usually just check them out from the library...lol (copyright 2006)

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

12 years ago

i actually like this book a lot. it is humorous and informative. i bought it when it first came out and i still pull it out often to read through it again.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

from

12 years ago

so glad i found this at winners for $20! i had taken it out from the library last summer and loved it. i adore allure magazine... and this is just an extended version! the language is very casual, but the advice is concrete, almost scientific. i love it. i took off one lippie because it wasn't bigger!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesBlue

12 years ago

Rather than display popular products and step by step tutorials, this book has some very useful tips. I actually learned a few new tricks!

About reviewer (335 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

3.0

12 years ago

I checked this book from my local library. I wouldn't buy though. I thought the book had a lot of information, but I already knew much of it. There were some helpful tips though. The book was ok.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

12 years ago

This book, written by the founder/editor of Allure Magazine, was such a disappointment. Very few pictures of mu looks, and no stand-out tips or tricks. Vague explanations. I was astonished at how boyish and rude the author seems. No product suggestions whatsoever. It's a great book if you are new to the concept, but overall, just ok. Thankfully, I checked mine out from the local library.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

13 years ago

this book is great... great tips, pictures, information and its funny! you will read it again and again and always find something new... a great buy!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium