Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

4.1

on 1/16/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a Christmas present, along with the hand creme and the shower gel. If you love minty scents, you will adore this. Depending on how much you apply, it can have a slight tingle. I've become addicted to applying it multiple times a day for the scent alone. The mint is not overwhelming because of the musky vanilla notes. Love this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've always overlooked Twisted Peppermint in the store because when I'm being bombarded with all the other scents it just never really stood out to me as something I'd want to have on my body. After receiving this as a Christmas gift I was given the opportunity to give this lotion my unbiased opinion without comparing it to everything in the store and I have a new appreciation for it. The peppermint really stands out, followed closely by a rich creamy vanilla then the surprising linger of of the balsam at the end gives it an almost fruity kick. This lotion has an amazing tingle to it. I've started wearing it at night after my shower and it feels so clean and refreshing and leaves my bedding smelling great, even my other half comments on how nice and minty I smell. I probably wouldn't wear this during the day as it might clash with whatever fragrance i've got going on, but that's not really a complaint as the majority of BBW lotions are more of a standalone scent than something you might layer under another fragrance. I'm glad that this was put on my radar. The bottom line is if you love the minty tingle and a less foody creamy vanilla scent I highly recommend you at least try the body wash.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This smells so wonderful. Every year for Christmas I make a 3 layer red velvet cake with a peppermint cream cheese frosting and that's what this smells like to me.
It's a very well done peppermint.
I gave the packaging a 4 (even though it's standard B&BW packaging) because the bottle feels a bit stiff and it can be tough to get out.
But, if they re-release this in stores this year, I'll stock up so I don't have to order online.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product last X-mas and really enjoy using it during the holidays. To me, the cooling sensation is what makes this lotion a standout. It moisturizes well enough without being too heavy. The scent, while strong at first, is still pleasant and wears off after a while (Which I like. I don't want to smell like peppermint all day!) My favorite time to wear this lotion is right after I shave and am heading to bed. It does not burn after shaving. I have the 3-in-1 shower gel and really love that, too.

on 3/4/2009 2:55:00 PM

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this lotion and this smell in general. Smells like sweet peppermint. This smell stays on my body for hours and I love how it makes my skin feel cold right after I put it on. I use this all the time in the winter for the holidays from December-February. I really hope they bring this smell back for next year's holiday collection!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love Twisted Peppermint, so I'll put that out there. I find the lotion's scent to be a little different from the cream - the lotion has more of a strawberry smell and the cream has a richer, vanilla/creme brulee smell to it, as if they added extra VBN to the cream base. Also, the lotion has much more peppermint oil in it or whatever causes that tingling/minty effect - quite noticeable, and if you're cold, this seems to make you colder! It's very odd if you use the shower gel and then the lotion because together they're just so tingly, it's almost too much! I have to use the scrub with the lotion, and the gel with the cream, to kind of balance the tingly effects of both the lotion and the shower gel.
I do like the fact that this has more of the strawberry smell that I get from the body spray...all in all, it's all good when it comes to Twisted Peppermint, for me - the cream is more moisturizing, though.

on 10/20/2008 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love the smell, but this is not a good lotion for wintertime. It's not particularly moisturizing, and this stuff leaves the longest lasting cold tingle on my skin. It's kind of uncomfortable, actually. I'd repurchase other items for the scent, but not the lotion.

on 12/30/2007 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I received a bottle of this lotion as part of a gift package from a friend for Christmas. When I first saw it, I thought it might be a very strong peppermint scent, much like some of the foot lotions I've tried in the past.

Wow, was I ever pleasantly surprised when I finally tried it! It's a very nice blend of peppermint and vanilla making it a very soft, mellow scent, not overpowering at all. It's refreshing but doesn't feel cold like other regular peppermint scents. Leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. Definitely a favorite!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this all over my body in the SUMMER heat to help keep cool and on my hands year round. My hands get really dry from washing so often (I'm a nurse) and it's great to slather this on them after a hard-day's work. It doesn't really moisturize well. It loses a lippie for that but it soothes the, hot and itchies and I love that. You can really smell the sugar in the drydown! Not available in Canada so I have to swap for it or purchase on eBay. Not as easy as it sounds. :0(

This makes a wonderful foot lotion, but I would never use it all over. I don't really want to smell like peppermint from head to toe.

Popular Lotions / Creams