Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil
Disappointing product for how expensive it is!

4.1

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hips) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin

on 8/20/2017 10:02:00 PM

This product does take all my make up off but sometimes I have to do it twice to get all of it off. One thing I don't like is when I am getting my eye makeup off and rub the cleansing oil over my eyes it sometimes gets in my eyes which causes my contacts to get blurry. I have to wear my contacts or I can't see what I am doing in the mirror so that is only my main issue.

OMG! This product is so amazing. I would highly recommend boscia makeup remover oil to every skin type. I have combination so i know it works on all skin type. I am on my third bottle.It removes my waterproof mascara in sec and feels good on skin. After washing with even plain water everything comes out. Doesn't leave my skin too dry or oily after wash.
Its healthy for skin as you dont pull the skin, just massage. I wish price was little better but worth your money.
Doesn't break me out.
PS: its the normal one. Not with the cooling effect.(Boscia makeup breakup cleansing oil)

on 7/2/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(Note: I'm giving this product 3.5 stars, not 4.) I got this because while I was loving my Clinique TTDO balm, I thought it was causing skin issues. Turns out that wasn't the case, but I wanted to try the Boscia oil anyway, because everything I've tried from Boscia is great. And this cleansing oil is good, but it won't replace my TTDO. I got the small size from Sephora (thank you Boscia for making a trial size!), and used it in place of the TTDO to remove makeup. The cooling sensation is definitely there, but it's not too crazy...and I did use it to remove eye makeup, including my bulletproof gel tightline, and it didn't cause any problems or make my eyes water. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because my Clinique TTDO works just as well, is cheaper, and I think I use less of it -- I went through the Boscia really fast. If you are looking for a cleansing oil, give this one a try, but do beware the menthol and even though I did it with no issues, I really don't advise using it for eye makeup removal. (Do as I say, not as I did, I guess, heh.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this! It's mostly about the way it feels on my skin and the scent for me. It does have a nice cooling sensation when you apply it. It feels especially nice in the summer. It smells fresh, minty/eucalyptus-y. I use it as the first step in cleansing and it seems to remove makeup well. I don't use it on eye makeup, I use a separate remover for that. I always follow with a regular cleanser. I've tried quite a few other oils but I always come back to this one.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm surprised to read negative reviews, but it sounds like those reviewers are using this to remove mascara and eye makeup. I don't think this seems like it'd remove mascara well -- I use dual-phase eye makeup remover for that (Lancome Bi-Facil or Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover or just about any bi-phase eye mu remover works wonders).

I only use this to cleanse my face/remove face makeup, and it is PERFECT for that, absolutely superb. It removes all my face makeup easily, thoroughly, and gently and leaves my skin soft, not stripped. This is important because in my experience, cleansers that remove makeup thoroughly often lead to oil bloom. This doesn't. I don't detect any cooling sensation but then again I don't really want that anyway, so that doesn't bother me. Also, despite being a cleansing oil, THIS DOES NOT LEAVE SKIN OILY. Not at all, whatsoever.

My only complaint about this product is its price, which tbh seems outrageous. But it's honestly the best facial cleanser I've ever used in my 46 years. If I mix in a bit of water as I work it onto my face, I can get one pump to do my entire face.

on 10/26/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This broke me out! I bought this after an acne prone You Tuber recommended this. This product is overpriced and there are far better options on the market. Once I realized breaking me out, it was too late to return. I will not repurchase.

This is now my go-to oil-based cleanser which I adore! The hype is real, this must be the best top-shelf cleanser I have come across in years. It doesn't leave your vision blurry or eyelashes glued to each other like most cleansers of this kind.

I love the way it gives a slight cooling sensation, but nothing over the top. It rinses off easily, without leaving any sticky residue. Plus two pumps are more than enough for your entire face, so one bottle will last a long time (you can read more about this cleanser on my blog here: partyparrotblog.com).

A+

on 12/29/2015 1:07:00 PM

Having combination skin that is prone to breakouts, I was nervous to try a cleansing oil. I bought this in a smaller size at Sephora so the price wasn't too bad. I love how it feels on my skin and the fact that it didn't break me out but it didn't take my makeup off and I don't even wear waterproof mascara. I will try other cleansing oils.

on 10/22/2015 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first cleansing oil I ever tried and I can't say I'm that impressed. It doesn't smell particularly pleasant - like really watered down peppermint tea - doesn't feel cooling as the name would imply, and most importantly, it actually doesn't do a great job of taking off my makeup.

I've used this to try and take off regular and waterproof mascara, as well as a full face of makeup, and have found I still need to use some sort of makeup remover afterwards especially on my eyes. It also makes my skin feel like it has an oily layer on it if I don't make sure to wash it off really well, which usually involves using hotter-than-I-like-to-use water on my face.

I had no idea at the time either (you can blame a fantastic honeymoon in Florida on this one) that I'd paid $30.00 for this tiny 150ml (5oz) bottle, which to me is pure madness and not something I do on a daily basis! That equates to around £19.00, which is incredibly expensive to me when I know I can get much cheaper cleansers that do a far superior job.

Lastly, for a product that's so expensive, the packaging feels really cheap. Every time I go to use it, I'm half expecting the bottle dispenser to snap off or stop working. It feels like they put all the money into the product and then couldn't be bothered with the packaging. I'll use up what I have left of this, but won't be tempted to repurchase in the future.

on 9/23/2015 9:23:00 PM

This is the first cleansing oil I've used and I liked it. It removes makeup really well and as far as I can tell it doesn't break me out. It's also easy to emulsify and remove with water. I didn't notice any cooling sensation. I would probably buy again but I think I'm going to try a few more cleansing oils first