Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil
MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing OilDisappointing product for how expensive it is!

4.1

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hips) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin

on 10/18/2018 9:51:00 PM

Somehow it's the products you use over & over that you don't think to review. I've been using this product consistently for about 3 years, repurchasing without even really thinking about it, and I can't believe I haven't left a review!

Anyway, I'm going to try to keep this brief because my reviews get out of control. So! My skin is:

Dehydrated, generally
Has rosacea
Clogs just by existing

This cleansing oil is perfect for me because I don't have the dedication to double cleanse but I really have to due to the clogging and the fact that I wear heavy sunscreen daily. Makeup Breakup takes everything off! Even eye makeup, though sometimes I need a little micellar to get really tenacious mascara off. I will sometimes swipe the micellar water over my face as well and the only times I see face makeup come off on the cotton pad are the times I was really quick and haphazard with the Boscia.

If you want to double cleanse but can't find a duo that works for you, or you're a working mom who's often too tired/can't be bothered to do fancy skincare steps, you need to try this!

on 4/12/2018 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very nice oil cleanser. I apply this to dry skin and over my entire face including eye area. Massage it in for a minute or so and then massage water onto my face and rinse. This completely removes my makeup and the cleanser rinses very clean with no residue at all. I love how clean my face feels after using this but not dried out. Big issue I have is the price. I found it very expensive for a cleanser and because it's not that much better than body shop cleansing balm I will likely stick with that one due to cost. Would repurchase if it was cheaper.

This product is gentle but you don't always get 100%of your make up off and it does leave my eyes a little blurry after trying to get my mascara and eyeliner totally off.
I still like standard face soup over this product but if you like oil makeup removers this one would me a go-to-item.
for me personally it doesnt get my face clean enough- fast enough compared to clean and clear face soup for example.

on 1/7/2018 9:26:00 AM

This is the best oil cleanser I've ever tried! I have yet to find anything that takes off my makeup better than this. I search for a product that would gentle on my eyelashes specifically since I wear waterproof mascara, and this is it. It takes maybe 30 seconds of sitting on my eye lashes and everything comes off no problem. It has minimal smell, and has yet to cause any pimples. However, I do use this as a first cleanser, followed by Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser. It also leaves a film on your eyes for a little bit, but if you don't mind blurriness for a minute it doesn't burn or anything. The only real downfall is the price, but I can't find anything else that works this well so I'll keep buying it.

on 8/20/2017 10:02:00 PM

This product does take all my make up off but sometimes I have to do it twice to get all of it off. One thing I don't like is when I am getting my eye makeup off and rub the cleansing oil over my eyes it sometimes gets in my eyes which causes my contacts to get blurry. I have to wear my contacts or I can't see what I am doing in the mirror so that is only my main issue.

OMG! This product is so amazing. I would highly recommend boscia makeup remover oil to every skin type. I have combination so i know it works on all skin type. I am on my third bottle.It removes my waterproof mascara in sec and feels good on skin. After washing with even plain water everything comes out. Doesn't leave my skin too dry or oily after wash.
Its healthy for skin as you dont pull the skin, just massage. I wish price was little better but worth your money.
Doesn't break me out.
PS: its the normal one. Not with the cooling effect.(Boscia makeup breakup cleansing oil)

on 7/2/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(Note: I'm giving this product 3.5 stars, not 4.) I got this because while I was loving my Clinique TTDO balm, I thought it was causing skin issues. Turns out that wasn't the case, but I wanted to try the Boscia oil anyway, because everything I've tried from Boscia is great. And this cleansing oil is good, but it won't replace my TTDO. I got the small size from Sephora (thank you Boscia for making a trial size!), and used it in place of the TTDO to remove makeup. The cooling sensation is definitely there, but it's not too crazy...and I did use it to remove eye makeup, including my bulletproof gel tightline, and it didn't cause any problems or make my eyes water. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because my Clinique TTDO works just as well, is cheaper, and I think I use less of it -- I went through the Boscia really fast. If you are looking for a cleansing oil, give this one a try, but do beware the menthol and even though I did it with no issues, I really don't advise using it for eye makeup removal. (Do as I say, not as I did, I guess, heh.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this! It's mostly about the way it feels on my skin and the scent for me. It does have a nice cooling sensation when you apply it. It feels especially nice in the summer. It smells fresh, minty/eucalyptus-y. I use it as the first step in cleansing and it seems to remove makeup well. I don't use it on eye makeup, I use a separate remover for that. I always follow with a regular cleanser. I've tried quite a few other oils but I always come back to this one.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm surprised to read negative reviews, but it sounds like those reviewers are using this to remove mascara and eye makeup. I don't think this seems like it'd remove mascara well -- I use dual-phase eye makeup remover for that (Lancome Bi-Facil or Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover or just about any bi-phase eye mu remover works wonders).

I only use this to cleanse my face/remove face makeup, and it is PERFECT for that, absolutely superb. It removes all my face makeup easily, thoroughly, and gently and leaves my skin soft, not stripped. This is important because in my experience, cleansers that remove makeup thoroughly often lead to oil bloom. This doesn't. I don't detect any cooling sensation but then again I don't really want that anyway, so that doesn't bother me. Also, despite being a cleansing oil, THIS DOES NOT LEAVE SKIN OILY. Not at all, whatsoever.

My only complaint about this product is its price, which tbh seems outrageous. But it's honestly the best facial cleanser I've ever used in my 46 years. If I mix in a bit of water as I work it onto my face, I can get one pump to do my entire face.

on 10/26/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This broke me out! I bought this after an acne prone You Tuber recommended this. This product is overpriced and there are far better options on the market. Once I realized breaking me out, it was too late to return. I will not repurchase.