Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

4.1

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hips) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin

on 12/29/2015 1:07:00 PM

Having combination skin that is prone to breakouts, I was nervous to try a cleansing oil. I bought this in a smaller size at Sephora so the price wasn't too bad. I love how it feels on my skin and the fact that it didn't break me out but it didn't take my makeup off and I don't even wear waterproof mascara. I will try other cleansing oils.

on 10/22/2015 7:45:00 AM

This is the first cleansing oil I ever tried and I can't say I'm that impressed. It doesn't smell particularly pleasant - like really watered down peppermint tea - doesn't feel cooling as the name would imply, and most importantly, it actually doesn't do a great job of taking off my makeup.

I've used this to try and take off regular and waterproof mascara, as well as a full face of makeup, and have found I still need to use some sort of makeup remover afterwards especially on my eyes. It also makes my skin feel like it has an oily layer on it if I don't make sure to wash it off really well, which usually involves using hotter-than-I-like-to-use water on my face.

I had no idea at the time either (you can blame a fantastic honeymoon in Florida on this one) that I'd paid $30.00 for this tiny 150ml (5oz) bottle, which to me is pure madness and not something I do on a daily basis! That equates to around £19.00, which is incredibly expensive to me when I know I can get much cheaper cleansers that do a far superior job.

Lastly, for a product that's so expensive, the packaging feels really cheap. Every time I go to use it, I'm half expecting the bottle dispenser to snap off or stop working. It feels like they put all the money into the product and then couldn't be bothered with the packaging. I'll use up what I have left of this, but won't be tempted to repurchase in the future.

To Read all 211 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/23/2015 9:23:00 PM

This is the first cleansing oil I've used and I liked it. It removes makeup really well and as far as I can tell it doesn't break me out. It's also easy to emulsify and remove with water. I didn't notice any cooling sensation. I would probably buy again but I think I'm going to try a few more cleansing oils first

on 8/23/2015 2:30:00 AM

I love cleansing oil when it come to removed makeup. This removed makeup very well. I will buy this again. No oily residue like cleansing cream. Must have for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i was so excited to try this due to the good reviews on here and on sephora's website, but this did not take off my makeup at all really even after double cleansing and using a makeup wipe prior. My face didn't feel clean afterwards even just using it as a normal cleanser.

I do like boscia and want to try some of their other products. This just didn't work for me. The price is expensive for how much you're getting.

The pump fell off on me the day I got it, I just put it back on, but it still falls off if I'm not careful. It's a cute pump bottle to leave in your bathroom, but not good for travelling

on 7/29/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is the first cleansing oil that I've tried, and I've gotta say, this is now my new make-up removing method!

Before this, I used the Clinique wash away cleanser to remove my makeup, sometimes even cleansing twice just to make sure it was ALL off. I felt that washing twice with this product was pretty effective in taking off all my makeup... Until I started using the Boscia cleansing oil.

I have oily skin that's prone to breakouts, so at first, it felt a bit uncomfortable rubbing oil onto my skin. I didn't know if it was actually going to work since I didn't feel as though I was physically rinsing anything off, but once running warm water on my face and rinsing thoroughly - I was pleasantly surprised. Needless to say, I won't be going back to using regular cleansers to get rid of my makeup. I feel as though the oil literally breaks down the makeup and gets it right off my skin. I'm definitely interested in trying out other cleansing oil methods now. Love this product!

on 6/9/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This cleansing oil is fantastic. It takes off all of my makeup, which is better than any other makeup remover I've tried. I was given it as a gift after struggling to find one that was effective and sensitive enough. I have really sensitive eyes and this makeup remover never bothered my eyes. Ever. Even when I was taking off eye shadow and mascara, my eyes never burned.

As a cleansing oil, it's quite effective. It has a nice effect on the skin and isn't greasy. It always felt light and smooth, while taking off all of my makeup. I've tried a lot of makeup removers that lean towards using natural ingredients that are supposed to be geared towards people who have sensitive skin/eyes, but this is the best one. Everything else has either left my eyes red and stinging, or didn't take all of the makeup off.

This product also has minimal scent and gives my skin a refreshed feeling and sensation. I would buy it again, but my partner brought back products from Japan that are apparently made by the same company (I am not 100% sure). The products are by Chifure, and they have a cleansing oil as well. It works well, but is more greasy and heavy feeling. If you're interested in trying that out, most of their products are cheaper.

Even when trying other brands that are similar, I still prefer this cleansing oil. It's the best one I've ever tried. Once I finish any others that I have in stock, I'll be going back to this one. My bottle lasted me almost 2 years because I only used a pump or two and it goes a long way. It is the absolute best I've ever tried. I strongly recommend it, especially if you have sensitive eyes.

on 5/26/2015 9:36:00 AM

HG! Very gentle but effective cleanser. My face feels clean but not stripped dry. The only thing I changed in my skin routine was this and I noticed an immediate reduction in breakouts. I love the pump and the fact that it comes with a stopper so it's travel-friendly. Will repurchase again & again.

on 5/22/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this! Although it's an oil, this cleanser leaves my face feeling clean, yet not dried out. I wouldn't use it to remove eye makeup. I tried once and felt like I had film over my eyes. But for foundation removal it's great. I love the smell, too! It smells like rosemary (although I've read that rosemary is allergenic and irritating). Bought the smaller size, but going back to Sephora to purchase the larger bottle. Definitely worth a try!

EDIT: I did buy the larger bottle and can't say I'm impressed after using it for a while now. It leaves my skin feeling oily and not at all clean. This might be ok in the winter, but it would be too much in the summer. I've used about 1/4 of the bottle and rarely ever reach for it now.

This is an oil cleanser and I think it's amazing! It really breaks up the makeup including mascara and sunscreen. You apply it on a dry face and once you feel you've worked it through your skin then you rinse it off. When you apply water it turns into a milky lather. Once you finish rinsing it off, towel dry and it leaves skin feeling soft. I will add that I still use other products to exfoliate and deep clean.

I've repurchased it 4 times now and I have tried other but they were more expensive and for the price this is good stuff.