National (Panasonic) - Heated Eyelash Curler Wand EH2351

National (Panasonic) - Heated Eyelash Curler Wand EH2351

4.5

on 1/28/2016 1:14:00 AM

This is hands down my favorite eyelash curling tool! My HG Shiseido traditional eyelash curler is great, don't get me wrong but it gives that traditional 90 degree angle crimp to my straight asian lashes, instead of a nice curve.

When I use this heated eyelash curler, it gives a BEAUTIFUL curve to my eyelashes and actually curls it to. All you do it turn it on, wait for it to heat up and then hold it to your lashes. You really can't go wrong with this product. The head has a little grill to it so make sure that's on before you apply this to your eye area, or you might burn yourself.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was initially attracted to this heated eyelash curler because it's shaped like a wand, which means I wouldn't have to fuss with finding one that fits my eye shape. I also like that there's no chance of ripping your lashes out (we've all heard the horror stories about a badly timed sneeze) and that it can be used after mascara.

However, since this eyelash curler actually curls your lashes instead of crimps them (like traditional curlers do) I find that it's not quite right for me since my short, stubby, Asian lashes are not enough to work with. They become slightly visible above the lash line if I'm facing a mirror, which is much better than their usual downward facing positions, but it's not quite as effective as crimping them with a traditional curler. A crimp lasts 12+ hours whereas a curl using this heated lash curler only goes approximately 8 hours.

Unfortunately, I don't find this eyelash curler well-suited for my short downward-facing lashes, but for anyone with longer lashes seeking a natural-looking curl this may be a good option.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/2/2014 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Holy lord of heat curler.
This stuff is amazing. I have straight lashes that curl with a usual eyelash curler, but the second i apply the first coat of mascara, they fall straight down. I've used waterproof mascara for a few years now, until i found this. I use this before i apply my mascara, but sometimes i also apply it after (works like a charm, does not thug at all), and the lashes STAY CURLED after i apply my non waterproof mascara! I will never again go back to using waterproof mascara now, my lashes have suffered enough! The wand gets pretty hot, which actually is a good thing, meaning it works. It does not get so hot that it burns tho. I usually hold it to the root of my lashes and push it upwards, then hold it for a few seconds. Does not take long time at all, and the best of all; IT DOES NOT THUG OR DAMAGE YOUR LASHES!

TLDR; If you have straight lashes that WONT hold curl with mascara, BUY THIS! You wont regret it!

on 7/17/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

(Panasonic makes these in pink?!?! I've been duped! Mine is baby blue, but I'd much prefer pink had I known!)

As an avid fan of Japanese beauty zines, you're bound to cross interesting beauty products (like that duck-lip mouth tightener). This was used by one of my favorite Japanese models and a blogger I like and sometimes when you want to emulate a look, you go for the sell. Endorsement at its finest. :D

Anyhow, I've had this for only a year and a half and it works - to expectations, nothing above and beyond - to lift my eyelashes. My curse is that I have one eye that looks more awake (my left), and the other looks sleepy and dull (my right). Left's lashline sticks upwards and outwards, while the right's shoots straight out, and casts a sort of shadow. Over the years of being a young makeup enthusiast, I learned bright eyes = awake eyes. I actually press the heated tip to the root of my right lashes to add a little lift, not necessarily more curl, to them, and the lift removes the shadow so light can hit both my eyes and give them both a balanced and bright-eyed appearance.

This is one of the few widely available (and by that, I mean through the Internet) heated eyelash curlers available to North American citizens. They're sold on eBay for $14 + free S&H which hey, isn't too bad at all.

Cons: After using this 1-2 times, the purple-to-pink mechanism (which lets you know the curler is hot enough!) "broke". It doesn't get nearly as hot as it used to, now it's like a slightly toasty warm. It still works fine, but a little more heat would hold the lift and make curling time much shorter and more efficient.
Other cons: CLAMSHELL PACKAGING THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have monolid eyes and my lashes are barely visible as they are hidden under my eyelid. Unfortunately, I also have super short lashes, and no curlers will work for me, not even the best ones like the Shu Uemura. Those curlers simply don't reach my short lashes, or only manage to grab onto the very end, which is useless.

I came across this heated eyelash curler one day and decided to try it. It manages to curl my pathetic lashes and bring them to existence (they obviously won't look long no matter what I do), so I am quite happy with this product.

The waiting time for it to heat up is a few minutes which is irritating, and that's with a new battery. The product drains batteries quickly so I have to continuously change batteries. That's my major complaint about the product, but it is still worthwhile to have around.

on 11/15/2012 12:54:00 PM

OMG. I'm so excited about this. If you read any of my product reviews, I lament (over and over) about my stick straight, short, hard to curl and impossible to keep curled lashes. Even with the best metal curlers (Shu, Japonesque, Shiseido) it took a lot of work (heating the curler with a hair dryer, always using WP mascara) to get reasonable results. I found this easy to use and the curl is wonderful. Sweeping - not just a sharp bend (my lashes are too short to do that "walk up the lashes" curling technique - I just clamp on and curl). I also like that you curl AFTER the mascara (still WP for me) is on since no matter what, I always needed a refresher curl and you know how the mascara sticks to the metal curlers and tries to yank out the lashes. I got this on Amazon for a decent price. For the results, I would have paid more. The curl stays for hours but not for an entire day so I think I'll get another one to keep in my purse.

on 10/15/2012 9:07:00 PM

I am obsessed with lashes. I curl them with Japonesque, then apply Jordana mascara and then use this curler and POP! It heats up quick, it doesn' t burn and holds the curl. If I rush my technique, I can always smooth out my clumps with this too!

on 6/16/2012 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought mine on Fry's site for only $15 and it works great so far! Panasonic is a trusted brand so I know I'm not getting ripped off for something that'll stop working after few tries. I love that it heats up fairly quickly and it works on my stick-straight Asian lashes with or without mascara. I like that it doesn't feel too hot either. Totally safe and effective! I'm happy with my purchase. I'll update if it ever gives me issues w/performance but I don't suspect that'll happen anytime soon.

on 1/29/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a heated lash curler convert. I love this curler! it is much gentler on my lashes than the crimping ones. I no longer have lash fallout. However, it's important to use with a compatible mascara. some mascaras will melt. I found it most effective to use after applying mascara. allow mascara to dry, then begin curling. the technique is similar to curling hair-- not combing thru, but holding lashes up a few secs, curving lashes into desired shape. its best to watch youtube videos. once you get the hang of it, it's fast, and you'll have more control of your lash curl than traditional curlers.
currently using clinique high impact curling mascara and it works great. holds curl and doesnt melt or smudge. i've heard via youtube that japanese mascaras work with heated curlers too, but haven't tested.

i love this because it uses an aa battery which i always have around, as opposed to others that use aaa. you need to replace batteries every 2-3 weeks.

At first I didn't like this heated lash curler very much. It didn't seem to curl my lashes as high as my standard lash curler did, with or without mascara. It took too long to curl my lashes and it ate up too much battery. BUT I decided to give this curler another try before I gave up on it. This lash curler really isn't too bad once you get the hang of using it. After applying my mascara and curling with this, my lashes are beautifully and naturally curled, without that crimp you get from a standard lash curler. Hard to explain, but the lash curler works kinda like when you curl your hair with a flat iron.. you need to roll/pivot/rotate/etc. the lash curler as you're moving it through your lashes. Doing this makes my lashes really curled.. better than it would ever look with a standard lash curler! And the good thing about this curler is that you can also get those small lashes on the corners of your eye that a standard lash curler might miss. Also, you can use it on your bottom lashes and even on falsies! It also allows me to control where I want stubborn lashes to point.. just "roll" the curler in the direction you want your lashes to go and voila! My lashes stay curled all day too. Another plus to this lash curler is that it combs out any clumps of mascara (I use Majolica Majorca Lash Expander). I do not like how this eats up a lot of battery, but other than that I'm happy with this lash curler. I don't think I'd be going back to my standard one anytime soon.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools