4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Gets right into the lashline and curls without pinching. Great fit for my eye. Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

Goodbye Shu Uemura, Hello Kevyn Aucoin! I used Shu Uemura for years, but decided to give the Kevyn Aucoin product a try. The first thing I noticed about this eyelash curler is how snug you can get it to the entire lashline. My lashes from end to end fit beautifully in this curler. The length and curvature of this curler closely parallels the human eye. Most other eyelash curlers are a little shorter and have a more severe curve, so you curl the middle lashes fine, but end up pinching both ends of your eyelids. Not so with this one! The Kevyn Aucoin curler has a smooth gliding motion, and the pad itself is excellent! The pad in the Kevyn Aucoin curler also doesn't collapse like a foam rubber pillow when used, which leaves your lashes stuck in it, so when the curler is removed, lashes come out with it. It curls your lashes with very little pressure, so you look fresh, bright-eyed, and ready for the day! I couldn't be happier, and I hope this product is never discontinued!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

I find this eyelash culrler performs better than a drugstore curler but I prefer other brands. The curl with the Kevyn Aucoin is not very attractive looking on my eyes. I much prefer the Shiseido curler and the Shu Uemura over this. I have had my Shu Uemura one last over 7 years and my Shiseido over 5 . Both give a very lifted doll look to my lashes . I slightly prefer the Shiseido for slight more lift but really those two curlers are about the same in quality and performance. I really dislike how you can not buy replacement pads for the Kevyn Aucoin curler. I replace my pads every 4-6 months and this would mean this curler would be thrown out in a year. I can buy replacements pads from Shiseido and they are reasonably priced. I like to keep my expensive lash curlers far longer than a year so not only poor curl performance but also not a long term product.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

feels exactly like the cheap ones, it's not sturdy at all and the very first time i tried it made the one eye look with different bad and uneven curl. i had way cheaper curlers that felt and perfomed better. definitely not worth the 17£. i already regret i cave in and bought it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

This is a solid eyelash curler and was my first foray into the high end lash curlers. Prior to buying this one I always used Revlon, ELF or whatever brand caught my eye at the drugstore or grocery store. While I wouldn't call this a game changing curler, I will say it's better than drugstore brands. I find it helpful to follow Wayne Goss' technique for lash curling by holding and pressing it for 30-60 seconds and lifting it a bit. My problem is that my lashes initially curl really well but a couple of hours later, not so much. This curler didn't really make a difference on that score.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I recently noticed that the pad on my trusty Revlon red curler was split in two. Having been down that road before and having no desire to accidentally snip off my eyelashes again, I quickly went on the hunt for a new eyelash curler. After doing minimal research and reading reviews, I picked up a Shiseido curler at Ulta. While it gave a great curl, it was too flat for my eye shape and didn't reach my lashes the way the Revlon did and the way I want it to, especially for a higher end curler. I went back to the Internet and scoured reviews and read Reddit tutorials. I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin curler based on my rudimentary eye measurements and the fact that it has similar measurements to the Revlon curler, which worked very well for me in the past. (I couldn't find the Revlon curler and figured I'd try higher end anyway.) I'm very happy with the decision. The KA curler fits my eye shape beautifully (for the most part because apparently my eyes have subtle shape differences) and gives a fantastic curl that can almost be TOO much curl if I'm not careful. It's a bit expensive; however, it's easy to find at Sephora or other higher end retailers. The mechanism is very basic and smooth and does exactly what I want it to do. I'm a bit disappointed that replacement pads aren't available after the extra one provided with the curler is gone, but I understand the company recommends replacing the whole curler at that point. I like the actual pad better than the Revlon pad and find it to be firmer, hence giving a better curl with less effort. I definitely plan to repurchase.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

3 years ago

I am blessed with long lashes and rely on eyelash curlers to keep them .... curled! These did absolutely nothing. They felt like there was no "Spring" attachment and they simply clamped down. They felt really cheap and nasty tbh. My 2 favourites are Mr Mascara and Tarte eyelash curlers and both are cheaper. An expensive bin product.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This curler is slick to use and the price is reasonable for me. One thing I need to mention is that its outline is a little too big for me. Anyway, if you need it. It will be a good choice.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have found a Holy Grail for eyelash curlers... Insider tip: I snap a few of these bad boys up for $12 each at the Makeup Show. My first one lasted for a year (I used both pads) and would gladly pay full price ($21) if I was pressed to do so. Thankfully, I don't have to. My eye shape can be seen if you check out my pictures on this makeupalley account. I'm Asian with double lids and my eyelashes are pin straight, so curling my lashes before applying waterproof mascara is a must for me if I decide to wear makeup. My eyes are asymmetrical but this eyelash curler works well with both. I've never ripped out eyelashes with this curler, even on the very very rare day when I decide to curl my eyelashes /after/ mascara application. It doesn't pinch my lids either. Curlers I have tried in the past: Koji No. 73, Revlon, e.l.f. , Shiseido, New York Color. Kevyn Aucoin beats all of them hands down in terms of ease, results, and comfort. Holy Grail.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I was a die hard shu uemura curler user for YEARS. This year, I decided it wasn't worth the effort of trying to get another one since they are harder to buy in the US. Kevyn Aucoin is a fantastic replacement. I honestly think it grabs more of my lashes than shu. Great curl. Only complaint is that the replacement pad doesn't come in plastic but oh well.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age25-29