La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

People love to hate on La Mer because it's hella expensive and trendy, but I love this isht. Moisture barrier repair is a constant thing for me because my skin is big, red, scary mess otherwise, and I loooove La Mer. I'm 32, starting to focus on aging and also have reactive, sensitive rosacea skin, and this never irritates, and consistently leaves my skin feeling dewy and soothed in the morning.

Just jump on to the bandwagon on the la mer cream cos I have crossed the mid 35 line. :D
hmmm...first impression, it looks like a over the counter moisturizer. but this is different. I have been using this for a week before deciding to write review. its thick but yet quickly absorbed. it doesnt leave my face oily. i can apply my make up rather easily without moving any of them.
my previous daily routine left my face oily. but ever since i move to this, its amazing. my face is more plump and smooth.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I’m glad I received a promo sample of the over-hyped cream. I was so excited to try it, after hearing celebrities rave about it for years. When I opened the jar, I first became suspicious because I know that smell. Ponds cold cream! Why would a $300 dream smell like Ponds? It was so thick, I had to read the description again to be sure it wasn’t a hand cream.
Directions say to warm it in your hands first, then pat it on. If your skin is damp at all, this won’t work. In short, it’s awful, greasy, and made my skin break out. Ick.

I have heard so many good things about La Mer along with the miracle broth that is contained within the La Mer product line. My biggest concern is the fact that mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient within many of their products. Mineral oil sits on top of the skin and is a by-product of jet fuel therefore unless the mineral oil has been distilled several times over I am very concerned about using this product. On a very positive note, the reason I began to research the La Mer line is due to a 2nd degree grave burn that I received from a cosmetologist posing as an esthetician who used a knock-off facial brush (very cheap and rough) of one of the well known brush's out there of which a chemical peel was then applied to my face thereafter. I could not use anything on my face for 18-months other than a product called Jelene that has been tested in burn treatment centers in the Midwest. My skin is doing much better however it will never be the same as the stratum lucidum, basal cell and subcutaneous layer have been damaged. I was advised that LaMer products have helped many burn victims therefore I am of the belief that the mineral oil used within these products may be distilled several times over, however I will be calling the company to find out. Any comments would be appreciate d if anyone is aware of how their mineral oil is processed.

I'm glad I received this as a promotional gift -- I had heard amazing raves about La Mer but this product was a huge disappointment.

It's fairly moisturizing, but offers NO other benefits for your skin. But for my hands, I honestly find Aveeno ($8 at drug stores!) to be both more moisturizing and more pleasant to apply. I can't use this anywhere but my hands because it's so heavily fragranced that it irritated my skin almost everywhere else. (That's esp. notable since my skin isn't sensitive in general.)

I might be willing to overlook the flaws if this was an El Cheapo brand you could pick up at Target or CVS, but given the astronomical price, I expect an amazing product. This is NOT it, no matter how many celebrities tell magazines that they love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

La Mer is synonymous with luxury. It wasn’t on my radar until I watched Michele Wang on YT rave about this product and how it helped with her eczema. While I don’t have that issue, I do get dry patches which are new for me. I attribute it to aging and also moving to a cold climate for the first time in my life. The forced heat and cold wind have impacted my skin negatively. So I gave La Mer a try, careful to apply it as the ritual instructs. Rubbing on my fingers until translucent and then pressing onto my skin. I wasn’t expecting to see results for at least a week but after a couple of days, my surface redness was noticeably better. My skin felt softer and firmer. While there are other options for my issues, I will repurchase La Mer because I do see an improvement and I will admit the ritual feels indulgent and luxurious. I’m 42 and don’t think it’s necessary or even a good purchase for those with young skin unless you have premature aging.

No, it does not lift. It also will not get rid of discolorations, under eye bags or other signs of aging.

It will however soothe your skin and plump it nicely. Fine wrinkles will disappear. Your makeup will go on flawlessly and stay on longer.

Is it overpriced? Absolutely.

And the miracle broth story... give me a break.

Having said that, if you use retinoids and peels, this will keep your skin calm and happy. It works well after sunburn, windburn and also prevents eczema flares.

If you feel the need to spend some money and don't expect miracles but would like nicely pampered and calm looking skin, you might want to give this a try.

I wish I read the ingredient list before using this. A major ingredient in this is mineral oil petrolatum, that’s equivalent to Vaseline I think but you’re paying $300 for the product. Save your money and buy a good old Shea butter moisturizer if that’s all you’re looking to get.

Another overrated product in my opinion but some do swear by it. I used it religiously for 90 days and I don’t see much of a difference in my overall skin texture and tone. It is pricey and I am not a fan of the jar packaging. A pump would have been way more convenient and sanitary

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm sorry but I'm just not a fan of this. Ive tried this several times over my career in the beauty industry and I have just never liked it. The cream is very heavy and thick, often times needing a demo to show how to properly use the product (which most people don't know or do).

I have never really noticed any changes or amazing results with my skin either. Personally, in my opinion I think its an over hyped product.