La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

this is my absolute favourite skin care range by far i first tried it about four years ago after having mhy second child my skin had become very patchy and pigmentation damage was really bad i had tried so many products but this was the best i have ever used it is very expensive but i think it is the best skincare range in the world honestly when u apply it to your face it feeds your skin it made me glow like unbeliveable this is the most beautiful product i have ever used i can not say enough about this range the masks are beautiful any of these la mer products i would score 100 percent hands down your skin just glows and feels unbeliveable after trying i first brought my cream from smith and caugheys or from duty free but now can see i can purchase thru you so i cant wait to buy.it is very expensive one of the most dearest products i have ever purchased but so worth it it smells glorious as well as u rub it on your face it just melts into your skin the felling i get off it is just amazing and the results are even more amazing

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Best skincare treatment / creme and worth every single penny. If you have not used this creme, soft creme, gel, lotion, oil absorbing lotion, or matte lotion for six months you have not experienced any of the true benefits of La Mer. I would bathe in Creme de La Mer if I could afford such luxury, but I will continue using a dime size amount three times per day (at minimum). Sorry, but some skincare treatments are slightly costly and provide impeccable overall radiance, healthy skin, and long-term positive results. If all an individual can state is that La Mer is “too expensive” then you are only looking at one aspect of the Creme. Just look into research by La Mer / Estée Lauder that explains and describes topical benefits.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Overpriced fragranced mineral oil!!this product is a scam!!it's a real acne trigger.
With all the good products available now with noble ingredients and decent prices (drunk elephant,Tata Harper,Farmacy,Ren etc)please skip this rubbish

All La Mer products, including the oil control lotion, break me out like crazy. Back to Chanel Sublimage... great results and no breakouts with Creme Fine ever!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this cream, but deleted my rave review when I thought it gave me a rash on the 27th day. But I realized it had to be something else. I had used Cover Girl 3 in one foundation that day. It was to blame. The rash went away on the 3rd day using Penaten. I am back using La Mer. Yes, I will buy it again sometimes, but I have to use the more affordable creams most of the time. I took pictures of my skin every day to show the improvement. I love what it does for my skin.

Update Feb 18/18: I used this for more than one month, and took pictures every day. I have to admit it did not help my wrinkles at all. I thought it did, but it's hard to stand in the exact same light each time, to compare wrinkles. I realize now that these new wrinkles came in the last year from weight loss. La Mer did feel amazing on the skin and it did almost completely heal my skin barrier. But I will not buy it again. I would, definitely, if it had done anything at all for the wrinkles.

Overall this is a wonderful face cream. It's just out of my league, and it's not a miracle, so I don't think I will really miss it. I am substituting Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum with Nivea cream on top. Yeah, that's right. It gives me the illusion of still using La Mer. I also use a bunch of other decent creams as I have very dry, aged skin but want to stay young forever.

Estee Lauder serum? for $90? Well, La Mer regenerating serum is $400. I loved the sample of that ... with a passion ... until I saw the price of the only size they carry. Estee Lauder is the same company, and I like their serums just fine.

I am not going to go ecstatic like the media has for years and years over this cream, but I like it enough to keep buying it despite the exorbitant cost. I know I will get super soft skin from it, but I think it is mainly the scent and luxury feel. The La Mer loose powder is the best powder I have ever known, and the concealer is first class. I just like the line over all for it's high quality feel and performance.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily yet sensitive skin. I’m 48 and am still prone to break outs. I hate that I love this cream so much. When I use it, people notice. My skin looks supple and hydrated. Glowing. The smell is peculiar. I can’t lie. It reminds me of diaper cream which I find soothing and my daughters find comforting. But, it does smell like diaper cream. Like all the former reviewers though, you have to commit to using it properly. It feels like a waste to warm it up in your hands, but that’s the only way it works. It needs to feel almost like water when you pat it into your face. You need to warm it up in your palms so that it is warm. Feels like a waste of cream, but that’s the only way for it to work. Once it is warm between your palms, pat it into your skin. Your friends and colleagues will notice when you are using it. They all ask me what I have done!! And, it doesn’t break me out. I’ve been using it for two years, and I am extremely break out prone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overrated, overhyped and overpriced. Buy yourself a tub of Nivea and you'll have a product that's 99% similar for a fraction of the cost. What does sea algae really do for the skin? Is there scientific evidence for it? Likely not. All these "anti-aging" ingredients have limited evidence-based research to support the claims of the company.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I know the price is over the top and one of the ingredients is mineral oil, but it is the only moisturizer that works for me during winter minths. Because of the steep price, I do rotate it with other creams but this is the one where when I wake up in the morning, my skin actually feels moisturized and not at all dry or tight. I am consistently told what great skin I have so for now, Creme de la Mer stays on my shelf.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had been using a cleanser, a sample of which I got at my skin doctor's office. Then winter hit and my skin had dry, ugly, peeling spots around my eyes, nose and upper lip. Well I started using this La Mer moisturizing cream, morning and night, and low and behold, the dryness disappeared. Yes, it is horrendously expensive but it is the best moisturizer I've ever used. I now use it without using serum, so if I don't buy serum again, that saves some money. I rate the packaging low because although it's ok, I think it's a terrible waste.