La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I Wouldn't suggest for those with dry skin. I think a lot of people have expectations that this will completely transform your skin. I wasn't expecting that, but it still left me disappointed. A little does not go a long way with this product. Perhaps its because its a thinner formula than the original creme de la mer? My skin type leans more towards dry and this just wasn't enough. I still got dry patches despite using this 2x daily. One thing I will say is that it layered very well under my makeup. I could really only see this working for super oily skin types or those who live in humid climates.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Everyone including myself love this cream! Instant healthy glow and compliments from strangers for 4 months. However, I stopped using his because one of the main ingredient is MINERAL OIL! I read the ingredient list on Sephora and it did NOT say “no parabens, phthalates, and sulfate” either which was alarming to me. When I stopped using it, I had major breakouts and it was really unusual. Never broke out so much! My guess is it clogged my pores! I wish I could use this because it made my skin look so good while using it! Hope they take out the bad ingredients someday! I switched to my belif cream and my skin is recovering from the major breakouts. Afraid to try this cream again. Not sure if the bad ingredients are worth the glow!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Have used it for years, always had beautiful skin but I stopped useing it because I found that cheaper creams worked even better for my extreme dry skin, very overrated .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been considering to buy this cream for like 10 years, because of the price point. Don't get me wrong - I do not think that cosmetics are the best area for saving money, but this much for a jar of "nivea-like" cream is insanity for me.

I am in my late thirties as so far my skin was not perfect - but ok. Oily with some blackheads, but with no mimic lines or crow's feet, so I was happy. However at some moment in the past my skin wasn't feel very well, so I though I will give la mer a shot (I have got much more expensive mistakes in my life, so why to bother). Moreover I started noticing some fine lines appearing (I guess due to dehydration and some aggressive glycolic treatments I was having). My skin was prone to adult acne and redness. And of course oily, oily, oily.

This cream works and the Nivea is not even close to it if it comes to performance and effects. I know - that ingredients list is similar, but not the same.
I used a tiny amount twice a day (first warmed and rubbed between my hands) and saw skin transformation in less than a couple of days. Plumped, glowy and healthy skin - believe me or not, but even my husband noticed the difference.
I am extremely prone to acne and clogged pores, but nothing like that happened (maybe some occasional pimples in the first week, but I cannot say if this was a 100% CDLM fault). And my skin is not as oily as previously, which is a good thing.
I used it on my face, neck, decollete and as an eye cream.
Works well with my foundation, but avoid putting too much under eyes or on upper eyelids - you make up will melt.

The only cons I can see now are: (1) price; (2) the jar - very elegant, luxury, but I have dropped the litter so many times and it's a real miracle, that it hadn't been broken...

I am not sure whether I will buy another jar or rather try something from Dr Sebagh's range, which is not as expensive but is told to be really effective.

I got the CDLM in dec last year and still have a dose for at least two months, so I think 2 jars all what you need for the whole year.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am in my late 20's and have problems with acne and combination skin. My skin is dry in the middle of my cheecks and usually flakey around my acne spots.

My mom gave me this cream as a gift and i have been using this for almost a year. It did ok with hydrating my skin. Nothing special..no skin transformation or anything miraculous.It did not help with acne scars(i have minor imperfections from previous acne spots) but it did not brake me out either.

It is a luxurious product, the smell is divine,the texture,the packaging...everything! The jar lasted me almost a year, an little goes a long way...
But i cannot justify the price tag...I have also used the Miracle Oil by LaMer and i can tell you that it works great under my foundation!But again i believe you can find better products at better prices..

I have been using my NeoStrata Bio Hydrating cream for the past 2 weeks and it has done wonders to my skin!
No more small flakes or dryness and my red spots have decreased a lot.

So....thank you mom for the luxurious gift and for the experience, but honestly if you have problems with your skin this is not a cream for you.(IMHO)
If you have good skin which needs basic hydration and you have money to spend, then it is a great cream!!

Such a waste of money-- did NOTHING for my skin. Packaging is mediocre, texture while luxurious, I'm not sure if it actually did anything positive for my skin. I expected more for my combination skin, but unfortunately, it did absolutely nothing and is chock full of toxic ingredients including ALUMINUM. For the price, ingredient should really be better and the cream should work better, but this just felt greasy even after the most gentle application of the smallest amount after melting the cream on the back of my hand. Will not buy again.

This didn't have any impact/changes on my skin when I was in my 20s, or my current early 30s or even my aunt's 40s skin and mom's 50s skin. Almost everyone I know who have tried this product have not been happy with the result (there was no result) and I'm quite surprised at the rave reviews I read.

Here's the ingredients list if anyone's curious:

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Received this product as a gift from my husband. Reminds me of diaper rash cream. No reason in the world to spend your hard earned money on a cream with no scientific proof that it can do anything for your skin.

this is my absolute favourite skin care range by far i first tried it about four years ago after having mhy second child my skin had become very patchy and pigmentation damage was really bad i had tried so many products but this was the best i have ever used it is very expensive but i think it is the best skincare range in the world honestly when u apply it to your face it feeds your skin it made me glow like unbeliveable this is the most beautiful product i have ever used i can not say enough about this range the masks are beautiful any of these la mer products i would score 100 percent hands down your skin just glows and feels unbeliveable after trying i first brought my cream from smith and caugheys or from duty free but now can see i can purchase thru you so i cant wait to buy.it is very expensive one of the most dearest products i have ever purchased but so worth it it smells glorious as well as u rub it on your face it just melts into your skin the felling i get off it is just amazing and the results are even more amazing

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Best skincare treatment / creme and worth every single penny. If you have not used this creme, soft creme, gel, lotion, oil absorbing lotion, or matte lotion for six months you have not experienced any of the true benefits of La Mer. I would bathe in Creme de La Mer if I could afford such luxury, but I will continue using a dime size amount three times per day (at minimum). Sorry, but some skincare treatments are slightly costly and provide impeccable overall radiance, healthy skin, and long-term positive results. If all an individual can state is that La Mer is “too expensive” then you are only looking at one aspect of the Creme. Just look into research by La Mer / Estée Lauder that explains and describes topical benefits.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Overpriced fragranced mineral oil!!this product is a scam!!it's a real acne trigger.
With all the good products available now with noble ingredients and decent prices (drunk elephant,Tata Harper,Farmacy,Ren etc)please skip this rubbish