La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for approximately over a year now. Although this isn't the best moisturiser that ever existed, I would say that it is worth its cost. Hear me out:
1. The packaging seems really fancy, it comes with this small spatula and a green base to place the jar on. However, the jar itself is pretty heavy and fragile, and I highly suggest travellers to relocate part of the moisturiser in a separate plastic container because it will definitely crack.
2. The scent is really mild. Unlike other moisturisers that put on quite a lot of essential oils and scent, La Mer moisturiser has a mild scent. It's not the most pleasant scent, but it sure is really light.
3. The consistency of the moisturiser suits all skin type, in my opinion. To apply the cream, you have to scoop out a small amount and warm it with your fingers on the back on your hand. This way, it helps the product to activate its key ingredients (at least that's way it says on the back of the package). I have combination skin. Part of my face (for instance the T zone) are oily, but other parts can be dry. This moisturiser does not make my face greasy or oily.
4. Oh my gosh, although the price is fairly high for just moisturiser, i would say that it lasts a longgggg time. One container lasts about 6 months for me, and I apply it two to three times a day, daily.
5. It's worth a long run. After about a week of using it, I can start to notice a lot of difference. My skin feels a lot softer and smoother after about 2 weeks, and although it does not instantly remove my acne and my acne scars, it did eventually remove most of it.
6. Would I buy it again? Hell yes i would! It costs a lot, but as I say, it's really worth it.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 star is because the cost might be a little bit too high!

I've been using for a few months now and have noticed that my skin feels plumper and more hydrated. Has a really nice fresh smell that is very invigorating. Since using my skin feels moisturized and looks healthier.

To Read all 1733 Reviews, Login or Join

0 stars!!! I couldn't post review without giving any stars but I rate this as zero stars!

What's the hype with this product?? I would like to know, to those raving about this product I would question if this cream has really made any difference.
Don't even get me started on the dull and cheap packaging and the cost!!!

Consistency- thick consistency, quite greasy when applied to the skin and leaves an oily sheen. Do NOT recommend for combination skin.

Scent- mild scent not particularly unpleasant.

Packaging- for such a cult cream and celebrity endorsement this has horrid and cheap packaging. You would not know this was a high end luxurious product!

Best for- nobody I would say, maybe very dry/mature skin- though I would say could get the same results from any basic moisturiser.

Price- this has to be the most outrages cost for a moisturiser you can NOT justify the cost of this you could literally have surgery for the cost of this cream. People must be deluded to spend so much!
I think that some may buy just for kudos effect of having on dressing room table/bathroom shelf!
Mineral oil is one of the main ingredients.
No SPF either, it's horrid!

How to use- supposed to warm product in hand and apply once/twice daily.
I would avoid T zone.

Recommendation- do NOT recommend this is the most awful marketed product, it's greasy, thick leaves oily residue and does NOT work. Yes- I have used for a significant amount of time and followed directions. Big hype for a cheap and nasty product. The packaging is cheap and plastic looking, not a luxurious product.
Don't try to be like a celebrity if you can't afford it. It's not worth paying for when you can pay off the mortgage. It should be illegal to sell such over hyped products for such a disgusting price.
Astral cream would give you far better results for bargain price and that's been tried and tested by so many ladies.

Do NOT recommend! 😡

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love this moisturizer. I have been using it for about 3 years. Doesn't clog my pores and absolutely no breakouts. My skin is fab!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Price is WAY TOO HIGH for a half ounce of cream! Unreal! The product works well and I used this for a long time but I have found better products at a better value lately. I still gave this a 4/5 stars because it is high quality but it isn't the best of the best by any means so I won't spend another 2-300 buying this.

In my opinion: Too pricey!!! This is just so expensive for what you get. One ounce is over 200 big ones. A lot of money for a mediocre cream.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product overall but devastatingly expensive. It feels great on my face and gives a strong moisturizing effect but there is no serious peptides or ingredients that are proven in the formula. They do use "marine stem cells" but these are incredibly cheap to buy and imo are a bit of hype. I would repurchase and go back to this but at 250 a bottle, it's pretty brutal

I love this prodect! It hydrates my dry skin. My skin texture looks softer and more plump.

I have tried it over the years: samples, buying the smallest jar, more samples... And everytime I am wondering how I could forget what happened last time I used it. I hated it. Every. Time. I don't like this stuff. But I wanted so desperately to love it. Because it's La Mer!

But no. My skin hates it. I have fairly normal/combination skin that's a tad on the dehydrated side. This cream did not hydrate my skin at all. It felt a little bit greasy on top of my skin (which I don't mind - I actually often apply a few drops of Argan Oil on top of my moisturizer day and night). My issue was that it just didn't hydrate enough and it broke me out too.

The main ingredients in La Mer are water, silicones and Mineral Oil, which left me with pimples and blackheads all over my face.

I also tried the Soft Cream, which did hydrate a little bit better but broke me out even worse. It took weeks to clear my skin up after using it for only 3 days!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly it's a good product but I can get a comparable night cream for WAY cheaper. Not repurchasing