Laura Mercier Perfecting Water - Rich

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Laura Mercier Perfecting Water - Rich

3.0

Water, Sea Water, Glycerin, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Artemia Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Carpylic/Carpic Triglyceride, Trehalose, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Sodium Carboxymethyl Dextran, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1,10-Decanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, PVM/MA-Decadiene-Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycereth-25 PCA Isostearate, Methylparaben 6/1/09

on 12/6/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

*UPDATE* 2/11/2014
I've been using this product for 7+ months now. Even though it is pricey, it lasts a long time. I apply it pretty liberally and still have 3/4 of the bottle left. I would say don't let the price deter you if you really want it, because it lasts forever. However, I don't personally recommend it anymore because I just don't think it did anything. It's nice to spray on and there was definitely a factor of adding something totally different to my routine that made me like it more. It was "exciting" to do it because I had never used a spray/mist. After using it for around 7 months I think I can give an honest review and frankly--I believe it's glorified water (but I wanted sooo bad to love it! I even bought it for a friend for her bday because I was so excited about it at first). I wanted to use up the bottle but it is taking too long so I am now venturing out to other toners. After lots of research I have purchased Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Petal Toner and I can't wait to review it! It's totally natural, no alcohol, and you can actually read everything on the ingredient list.

*ORIGINAL REVIEW* 12/6/2013
I think the one pictured has been discontinued? The product I bought is in a tall slender container.
I really like this product, it's the first spray water toner that I have ever used. It's luxurious and feels good to spray on. I was advised by the Laura Mercier girl in Nordstrom to use it after cleansing and before moisturizing, so that's how I use it. Sometimes I spray it on my face during the day but that's pretty rare. It doesn't feel very moisturizing to me but I do feel like it prepares my skin for my moisturizer. I love the idea of a toner that doesn't strip the skin. I want to experiment with other, more natural water mists when I run out of this bottle but it will be a while, I use two squirts each time and have hardly put a dent in the bottle. Even though it's pricey at $35, it lasts a long time. The spray nozzle is really nice because it sprays a fine mist over your face instead of a stream, I really love the packaging.

on 2/21/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Probably works great for dry skinned people. I have oily T zone and was way too emoillient and left a sticky "film" on my face. Although it says for Normal to Dry Skin-i would say for Dry skin only. It's consistency is that of a watery gel almost. Will not repurchase

on 8/9/2007 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this toner, but I would expect it to be rather good considering the price. Used the perfecting water-light since I have oilier skin and thought it was a nice toner, but not super exceptional. Maybe the rich one makes more of an impact w/dry skin.