MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43

3.3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use NC50. You can use it on top of moisturizer for a less heavy look and for more coverage, apply thickly.

First of all, I have a love and hate relationship with this product. However, with the proper skin prep and letting all your moisturizer and primer set properly (moisturizer = 15 mins, primer = 5 mins) the finish that you will get from this foundation is amazing. It will give you a demi matte almost satin finish.

If you have a slightly oily t-zone and normal everywhere else then this foundation was made for you. People complain about how cakey this foundation is and I say you have to apply the product in small sections and always start with 1 pump.

Application method: Beauty Blender
Primer: Too Faced Primed and Poreless
Setting Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte (just in the centre)
Setting Spray: Skindinivia Finishing Spray (oil control)

The most beautiful finish ever! Definitely will repurchase!

I am not one to write reviews at all but I have been using Mac Studio Fix NC25 for almost a month and I absolutely love it. I have sensitive combination skin with a few minor blemishes depending on the time of the month and this foundation does not bother my skin at all. In fact, if I didn't know better, I would say my skin loves it. I'm getting more compliments since using it and my husband said I looked like I did in high school when my skin was poreless, unblemished and glowing. Count me in as one of the ones who will use Studio Fix as long as Mac makes it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I buy it in NC42 and use it year round. It's the HG foundation for me. Most days I use it as a tinted moisturizer. How? I put about 75% facial sunscreen and then 25% Studio Fix, mix it well and voila, tinted moisturizer. I also use it as a concealer. On the days I feel I need something more, I use it full strength applying with E.L.F.'s flat top powder brush. It stays put for a good amount of time with minimal touch up on my oily t-zone. I can't see life without this foundation!

This really is a great foundation.i have oily skin and this is the mattest foundation I own. Matter than ysl resist tent matte.i just wish the color was a better match.i have nw 30 for winter and nw35 is a bit dark for me but I may buy it and mix the 2 and see if that's a better match. Great oil control wears great and a great price,just wish Mac included a pump.its ridiculous that u have to pay 10 usd for a pump for a foundation that's impossible to use with out it.but will def repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have normal to oily skin and this foundation is perfect for me!...It's oil-free, which is wonderful, because it won't contribute to my face breaking out. It has a great texture, not too heavy, but just enough coverage. I also use the "MAC Studio Finish Concealer spf 35" in conjunction with this foundation, and I love it! :)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation!! The first MAC mua used the mineralize liquid on me but I wasnt happy with the coverage so another mua at another MAC store told me I should be using this instead. It covers much better for me and stays on pretty well throughout the day.

.....Edit...I had been noticing flaking and bumps on the sides of my face and on my forehead. I stopped using this foundation and the problem went away. I tried it again a few weeks later and the same bumps and flakeys came back. Since I have totally stopped using this the problems have never reoccurred so I can't give a good review on this now :(. Too bad because it was the best lasting foundation I'd used

This has got to be one of the smoothest looking foundations I have ever used. Great coverage. Yes it is matte, but not that 90's kind of "concrete/drywall" matte that a lot of companies used to produce. Take your time to really look at the color selections, and pester the heck out of the salesperson to give you some samples first. With my combination skin, I blot slightly around 3 hours after application.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been wearing Studio Fix Fluid for about a week now, and I'm loving it! I used to wear MAC's Studio Finish Matte foundation, which was discontinued, and Studio Fix Fluid is a nice, if not better substitute.About my skin: I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I would be shiny about an hour after doing my makeup, and lots of things break me out, but Studio Fix never did, that is why I decided to try the Fluid. I'm currently taking Accutane, and my skin has dried out, but I have noticed lots of foundations go weird on me now, including several MAC and even Bobbi Brown. Not Studio Fix Fluid! It goes on smooth, is easy enough to blend, but you do have to work quickly. I have also noticed that it covers pretty well, while still looking natural, and has great staying power... I am very curious to see how it will be on me when I'm off the Accutane, and the oiliness returns.Color: The color range in these foundations is YELLOW! I am normally an NC20 in all MAC skin tone products, and I needed NW15 on this foundation. You cannot buy this whithout testing it and being color matched!Bottom line is that I'm really loving Studio Fix Fluid. It has stayed and performed well in hot 100+ degree weather, while sweating, over different sunblocks, and with and without primers underneath. MAC has a winner here, and I'll definetly repurchase! continued >>

Finally, a foundation that actually covers my rosacea without that heavy, mask-y look. I've tried many foundations, low and high-end, and wasn't able to find good coverage and a matte finish. I knew my search was over when the make-up artist applied Studio Fix Fluid. He used a brush and within seconds, my skin looked even and polished. He tried my usual NC 30 as well as NC 25 and decided he liked the NC 25's coverage better. I've been applying it with a foundation brush and only need a little to do my entire face. If you use too much, it tends to settle into pores and make you look as if you're wearing too much pressed powder.

I took off a point for packaging. Come on MAC, you know this should have been in a pump bottle! I paid the extra three bucks because I can't stand regular bottles. Ick! Ladies, give this one a try (especially if you have rosacea, oily or combination skin.) So far, I've had no breakouts from this product.