3.5

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

6 days ago

I was pretty disappointed with this foundation. I decided to treat myself to a MAC foundation for the first time. I usually use drug store foundations (Maybelline Fit Me) so I thought this MAC one would be much better. First of all, why wouldn't MAC supply a pump? It costs so much and you still have to purchase the pump separately. It also smells like paint... It didn't provide enough coverage, and the tone was off. I wasn't able to find my exact shade. N18 was WAY too orange for me and I am a light-med yellow under-toned skintone. Overall, I wouldn't buy MAC foundation as my Maybelline Fit Me foundation is much cheaper and works better.

About reviewer (450 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

3 months ago

after having terrible experiences with their Pro-longwear foundation a few years back, i was reluctant to try any mac foundation again. however i kept hearing great things about this foundation, and how it’s perfect for oily skin, full coverage, and matte but not flat finish...all these are major wins for me. i purchased this along with the pump as foundations with no pump annoy me lmao. can’t remember the exact shade i’m in but i believe it’s NW range. the smell of this foundation is exactly how i remember it - paint smell, which does and doesn’t bother me i guess. the coverage is definitely phenomenal, something pro longwear lacked badly. the finish was definitely heavy but being that i wear heaps of makeup anyway i’m use to it, but can see some ppl getting annoyed by it. mac foundations to me are notorious for transferring, which doesn’t change for this one, but i guess the technique and application you use will depend on how badly it transfers. overall, i can see myself buying this one again, however for me it would be a foundation id wear to an occasion that only goes for a few hours, as this definitely isn’t for all-day wear, it can transfer, separate and all that but nothing dramatic. buy this and NOT pro longwear!!!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

3 months ago

Not the worst but it’s not great. My holy grail Merle Norman perfecting makeup was out of stock which led me in a wild goose chase trying to find another great foundation. I ordered this in NW20 which wasn’t too bad but a tad dark. It does smell terrible and I don’t like the finish. It’s good coverage but it feels and looks heavy and dry to me. I won’t order it again, it is nothing special. Edit: I really don’t like this foundation. The finish is thick and heavy and aging. I don’t think I like Mac products in general.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

3 months ago

Everyone’s first foundation but nobody’s last. This thick formula smells like glue, feels like paint but it does offer full coverage. Very vibrant yellow/ orange undertones. No pump but clear glass so you can see how much has been used. With that said I would stay well away from this comdegenic foundation if you don’t have anything but perfect non sensitive skin as this foundation is likely to cause breakouts and accentuate any texture.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

5 months ago

I was so reluctant to get this but after going through around 20 different foundations I felt like I just had to give this a try. I usually purchase my makeup online so I trusted the reviewers online in terms of shade so I got myself NC15 which was waaaaay darker than I had expected, but let's say that was my mistake. Overall I'm not disappointed with this. Pro: Super smooth application Lasts a long time Doesn't irritate Melts into pores and covers imperfections Somewhat hydrating Buildable Doesn't get cakey Cons: Smells weird (like some sort of paint, but despite that it didn't irritate my sensitive skin) Still haven't found a shade to match me (I tried the options available in the store this time, maybe NC12? but not really)

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

from

7 months ago

I have dry, sensitive skin with a touch of Keratosis Polaris on my face (the chicken skin people usually get on arms and thighs) pretty terrible base to start putting any foundation on really. I've tried so many foundations and this seems to be about the only one that doesn't flare up my skin but also stays put for the day, well mostly anyway. I wear NC17 but will probably go up a shade or 2 for the summer. My skin feels smooth and hydrated (well as much as possible for my skin anyway) no noticeable dry patches, it goes on well and blends in easily. It lasts for a good 9-10 hours, I touch my face a lot at work so this does wear from around my chin area and maybe a little on my nose but for the most part I still look the same in the afternoons as i did when I left the house in the morning. Im pretty happy and will be repurchasing.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 months ago

This is MAC’s most popular foundation and for good reason. I would consider this a medium coverage foundation that’s very much buildable. Sometimes when I just want light coverage, I'll put a bit of product in my hand and rub one thin layer to my face, giving a very natural look. For more coverage I usually do two layers, also using my hands. It doesn’t feel like you’re wearing foundation and it also doesn’t have a strong scent which is good. The only annoying thing about this product is that it doesn’t have a pump. I usually shake some product into the lid to get it out with a brush. It is quite a pricey foundation but it does last and worthwhile investing in.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

8 months ago

Final edit: nw10 exact match in studio fix fluid; absolutely no jaw line. In other Mac shades I can match nw15 (studio sculpt). To give an idea of other foundation shades I do not have to blend down my neck — Armani luminous silk 4.75. Lancôme teint idole 100N. Chanel vitalumiere aqua 12 rose beige. Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint shell. During the 25% sale I actually got the MAC pot concealer w 35 spf I forget the name at the moment and my HG purse touch up powder studio fix powder + foundation (if I’m wearing off it’s an easy way to add some color) in nw10 as well. So I got that trio all in nw10. I love them. Edit: when fake tan wore off, and I was matching EXACTLY (no jaw line at all) nw15 in studio sculpt, nw13 in studio fix fluid was SUPER dark and orange on me!! I have ordered nw10 in the 25% sale. I will update to see if that color works on my very fair pink skin! Conclusion: SFF runs SUPER dark, at least in the very fair NWs. I hope nw10 is actually fair and rosy like they say and akin to studio sculpt nw15 - my perfect foundational match. Wow. I’m shocked at (a) the low average reviews and (b) I’ve not reviewed this yet. This is like the full coverage gold standard, is it not? Yes it’s thick paint if ya want it to be... I guess it’s not the best choice if you have acneic skin... I’m normal skinned so I can wear it. You can build it up easily to that perfect skin look but it’s SOOO workable! Yes the sold separately pump is a royal pain but whatever I have this in every shade of the year from my nw20, nw30 and nc42 fake tan. Put on with brush: you’re covered and powder over it and nothing will budge til you take it off with oil remover. Damp blender gives you lighter coverage. Mix it with something: strobe cream, drops of early morning dew, whatever... ya got lighter coverage. It’s so versatile!!! Just don’t sleep in it and you don’t have to worry about pore clogging! For versatility alone this deserves 5 stars. It’s so long wearing. I think this is what pro longwear foundation was phased out. It’s better.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

9 months ago

Shade: NW10 MAC Studio Fix is criminally underrated, in my opinion. It's marketed as a full coverage, matte foundation, but can be used in a variety of ways. It can be sheered out or build up without affecting performance. It is more of a natural, satin-matte finish which looks like skin, and works even on my dry skin. It doesn't look like you are wearing a cakey mask, unlike so many other full coverage foundations. The shade range is broad, though the tones (NW=cool/pink, NC=warm/yellow) can lean a bit too yellow or pink at times. NW10 is a good match but very pink and peachy. I like the fact that it doesn't have a fragrance to irritate my skin - some dislike the scent but it is merely the smell of the ingredients (which obviously, some brands disguise with added fragrance, which may be to your liking or not). It applies well with a beauty blender, brushes, or with a tiny bit added to moisturiser for a skin tint. This may be one way of having the look of a tinted moisturiser/BB cream/skin tint if you can't find your shade in those products. The only downside for me is that it doesn't come with a pump, which cost me an extra $13AUD (on top of $54AUD!). That's not really good enough for such an expensive product.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

10 months ago

I know there are brands out there that everyone swears by...mac is one of them. So I can't help but feel even more disappointed when I don't like their products. This didn't look good on. Enter sad face emoji

About reviewer (1039 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair