MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have recently started using this liquid foundation, for many years I used the studio fix powders.I have melasma and like this for evenings as its quite heavy(although have used for daywear).Have it in shades nc35, nc38( new shade) and nc44.All the shades work during different times of the year.Buildable coverage and does oxidize.I quality product, I wish it came with a pump, instead you have to purchase the pump for $10.Mac has recently introduced more colors, which is very nice.

FAVORITE foundation!!! Simply amazing! Goes on effortlessly, smooth, skin-like finish!!! Amazing staying power for oily skin. Not drying! And a great price.

I love this stuff so hard! I think I finally found my Holy Grail foundation!! It has perfect coverage and gives my skin that velvety airbrushed finish. It's also long lasting and wears great. The shades run light in this one - other MAC bases I'm NC20-25 but this one I'm NC15. I buff Lancome Dual Finish foundation powder in Ecru II or Wheat II for a little more color (using a big fluffy kabuki) and this just looks amazing - my complexion just glows!! I wish it came with a pump but you can purchase separately. Awesome stuff!!

I have used many foundations in my life. From high end to drugstore. I thought I would like this one, because for my wedding the professional hair and makeup artist used another foundation from Mac that I did. Unfortunately this was a big dissapointment for me. The foundation is really drying on my skin and looks cakey. From a distance it looks nice and the NC20 color really matches my face in winter, but I expected to be of a higher quality because of the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation - it's just so versatile! You can add oil to make it look dewy, or you can leave it as a satin matte finish. You can also sheer it out with a buffing brush, or you can layer it to full coverage with a flat brush.

Three things to keep in mind when buying: First, many people say it has an unpleasant paint-like smell (it doesn't bother me). Second, you have to buy a seperate pump for the bottle (that is annoying). Third, I've heard people complain that SF feels heavy on their skin or breaks them out (I've never had this problem and my skin is acne-prone).

I was very unhappy with that, but tbh im not a big fan of mac in general.. First off: the colors don't really want to match my skin tone (TO yellow - TO rosy). Then I think the smell is really off and the consistency either: it feels somehow thick and sticky. Let me say when its freshly applied and blended it looks nice, but after 2 hours I went to a bathroom and I was so SHOCKED when I looked at my reflection: super greasy and parts of the foundation had faded, so that it looked like an unfinished puzzle. Also underneath the coverage I saw new bumps starting to grow and the studio fix fluid felt heavy on my face. As I removed everything in the evening my skin was so tired.
It might work for you, if you are looking for medium-strong coverage and have skin thats more on the dry side but isn't to sensitive though..

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST INCLUDE A PUMP... This foundation costs around $65NZD the pump costs $15 so the price is actually $80NZD what a joke ... This foundation smells like legit paint, has very questionable ingredients for the high price tag ... what is the money even paying for ... the glass bottle and brand? It burns the skin if sensitive and causes me to breakout , I have never waned to return something more ... I can’t think of anyone whom I would recommend this too.. I don’t like what’s in the ingredients most of all it’s just bad ... bad for your skin bad for your body just don’t waste your money... if you aren’t that bothered about I ingredients anyway get a cheaper foundation seriously.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for the last 15 years (+-) so that pretty much sums up what I feel about this foundation. :D
I do have other foundation that I use but I always need to have this in my collection. It is just something that I am comfortable to use for so long. It gives a great finish on my skin, not too matte and not too dewy. Last long hours and looks great in photos too!
I started off on NC43 which then discontinued and switched to NC42 but now I am a NC40 during winter time.

I am fairly pale with a cool/yellow undertone. I bought this foundation after struggling to find one suited to my skin tone in any drugstore brand. Nowadays there are wider ranges of shades available in other brands which allows for a more affordable option.

This is not the best foundation I have ever used. You have to make certain to prep the skin well before application and be sure to set it, as it isn't long-wearing. I find that it oxidises on my skin as well. Not to mention, the silly packaging means you end up wasting a lot of product (pity cause you paid a fair bit for it).

The Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in Buff is supposedly a dupe for NC15. I have tried it and found the formula quite thick in comparison, but the shade was good. I don't mind the MAC as it allows for more buildable coverage and looks dewy on the skin.

I have started using The Body Shop's Matte Clarifying Foundation with tea tree oil, in Railay Beach, it dries matte on the skin and doesn't wear off as easily. In my country, it's less than half the price of MAC for the same amount of product!

Pros
- Buildable Coverage
- Dewy Finish
- Applies well to primed skin
- Wide range of shades available

Cons
- Does not have a pump so a lot of product gets wasted (I usually use a lip brush to scoop out as much as I can when it's low)
- Quite Expensive
- Not Cruelty-free

I bought this as a replacement for my NARS foundation and it matched my pale skin, but smells like paint and is a pain to get out of the bottle without a pump or some other tool. It does last all day and is a decent product but don't be fooled by the cheaper price!