MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43

3.5

This foundation is absolutely fantastic, but it takes a little work to get it right. You must practice good skin care to get the most out of it! Exfoliating makes any foundation look better and since this is med-full coverage, it's a must! Primer can help with any textural issues you may have. The application is important too; if you try it several ways, you'll find something you like. I use the Beauty Blender (damp) for natural coverage, or the Sigma F82 for more coverage. I think the reason this breaks a lot of people out is that they aren't removing it properly! Treat this like a long-wearing product and remove it with a cleansing oil or balm FIRST before you use your regular face wash. Otherwise, you're probably leaving makeup behind every night. Like I said, it takes work, but if you practice good skin care and the right application techniques, this foundation can look amazing.

Hello! I have been buying this MAC Foundation for years. It is the best foundation I have ever used (and I'm a brand hopper, I use Make up forever, Mary Kay, Merle Norman, all types of products).
PROS: The nice even finish. Plus the shade I use has a nice "warm" tint to it, good shades. Also, I get nice medium coverage yet it doesn't feel heavy
CONS: None really. Another reviewer mentioned this foundation doesn't hold up to the heat. I'd say that's true
Finally, the feel/ un-heavy consistency is nice. Will buy again!

I love this foundation! This product pretty much stays put until you take it off. The color is beautiful. The coverage - amazing. Great value. And it has SPF as an added bonus. All around awesome!

The only minor cons so far: 1) In dry weather, I've found that I need a much heavier moisturizer under this to keep it from looking too matte. 2) The heavier moisturizer does make the foundation a little more slippery, like it might rub or wear off sooner than expected. (I don't wear a primer with this, but now I'm reconsidering that as I type!)

In the winter months, I downgrade to a lighter shade - or mix my regular NC20 with some of my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer - to get the right tone.

For the record, I usually apply this with a kabuki (skunk?) brush from MUFE, and I use Creme de la Mer - lotion in the summer, creme in the winter.

And, YES, the bottle without a pump is annoying but tolerable. I just try to pour out a drop at a time to avoid waste, but I completely agree with the other reviews because it is annoying!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for 5 years and love it. It provides excellent coverage in the areas that I need it and sheer coverage in the areas where I don't. I am surprised to read it has caused break outs for some, I have extremely sensitive skin and have never had an issue.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using Clinique for well, what seems like forever. However, I need something that is made for oily skin as my Clinique is not helping to control oil. This is the product for me.Especially for summer.

Pores: Appear Smaller
Shine: At bay, can be easily blotted to look great again.
Staying power: Absolutely
Color: Stays true, no orange. Does get a little bit brighter after it is on for a little while. It looks a little pale at first, but quickly 'warms' up.
Adding more: Is buildable, does not leave lines around jaw.
Blends: Perfectly.
Pump: Going to buy it - can't figure out why I did not already buy it.
Love this product.

I recently purchased StudioFix Fluid and I really like it. I have been using Studio Fix and Studio Tech and Moisture Blend in the winter. I thought I'd switch things up especially since I go through a compact of foundation once a month. I think this bottle should really last longer. I use my 190 brush to apply and it looks really smooth. I like full coverage so this one is just right. I do find that days that I skip my prep and prime, I don't like my look as much. I see a big diference in how my foundation goes on and ultimately looks. Not loving the bottle so much. It's hard to get the foundation out. I'll have to see about getting a pump. The price is right. I 'm with Mac pro so I only pay 15.00 usd for it. I'll purchase again for sure.

I'm NW20 for reference.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been wearing Studio Fix Fluid for about a week now, and I'm loving it! I used to wear MAC's Studio Finish Matte foundation, which was discontinued, and Studio Fix Fluid is a nice, if not better substitute.About my skin: I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I would be shiny about an hour after doing my makeup, and lots of things break me out, but Studio Fix never did, that is why I decided to try the Fluid. I'm currently taking Accutane, and my skin has dried out, but I have noticed lots of foundations go weird on me now, including several MAC and even Bobbi Brown. Not Studio Fix Fluid! It goes on smooth, is easy enough to blend, but you do have to work quickly. I have also noticed that it covers pretty well, while still looking natural, and has great staying power... I am very curious to see how it will be on me when I'm off the Accutane, and the oiliness returns.Color: The color range in these foundations is YELLOW! I am normally an NC20 in all MAC skin tone products, and I needed NW15 on this foundation. You cannot buy this whithout testing it and being color matched!Bottom line is that I'm really loving Studio Fix Fluid. It has stayed and performed well in hot 100+ degree weather, while sweating, over different sunblocks, and with and without primers underneath. MAC has a winner here, and I'll definetly repurchase! continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have I finally found my HG foundation? So far I think I have! I had a Culture Bloom make-over Friday and absolutely love this foundation. I was wearing NW20 in Select SPF15 which I felt was a little too light. The NW20 in the Studio Fix Fluid seems to be a perfect match for me. I have sensitive, prone to break-outs, oily skin and with the new Loose Blot Powder on top I only needed one touch up yesterday and had it on for 12+ hours. I have tried so many foundations over the years looking for the HG and have always been so disappointed, finally I have found one that I love!

I do like this foundation it has a very good coverage ( medium to full) and a lot of shades, lasts quite well on my combo skin ( i do have to use a translucent powder over it) . I was matched to NC20 for my light yellowish toned skin which is a very good match. However i did get a few break outs around my chin during the summer...so i had to stop using it a couple of days.

I've been flirting with the idea of trying this foundation for years, as even though I'm usually happy with my staples, I am always on the hunt for "better". I've loved ELDW, then my skin got less oily with age and I moved on to ELDWL, which is still my HG for going out. I've loved Smashbox Studio Skin 15hr, which is still what I use on a daily basis at work. I bought the SFF a couple of months ago, and fell in love with it too!

What I like about it, in comparison to the aforementioned foundations, is the finish. It minimizes my pores the most and makes me look the most airbrushed. Also, NW10 matches me very well, but I can also get away with NC15.

What I don't like about it is that it doesn't play all that well with my winter skin, it shows all the tiny flakes I may have - and I have lots these days. It almost feels like it has a powdery finish, and that's not working for me for the time being. So I retired it for now, until Spring-Summer.

Pros: awesome coverage, airbrushed look, many shades to choose from, little fragrance, doesn't break me out.

Cons: emphasizes dry patches, can wear off on my chin/nose at the slightest rub, doesn't control oily T-zone as well as the others, doesn't come with a pump (although the pump from Smashbox Studio Skin fits well),

I have 2 shades and I don't think I'll buy more after I finish them, but overall I really like this foundation.