Suave strawberry shampoo

Suave strawberry shampoo

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

This is not a bad shampoo, but prefer the older scent from the 90's...I loved the fruit trio line. Strawberry, Peach, and Apple from 90's, those were the best! This particular shampoo these days has a strong, tart, fruity scent. It smells good, but only use this in the summer when my hair is prone to build up...I know, the suave products are reformulated because when I used the fruit trio line in the 90s with the conditioner, I would get amazing results using everyday, very moisturizing! Now, if i used the one present daily, my hair would feel like straw! Not bad, dont get me wrong! But I'd use this shampoo as a clarifier.

on 11/28/2015 5:44:00 PM

Well my hair is not color treated, or particularly dry (wavy, fine, oilier roots), and this is just awful on my hair. Normally I can get away with shampoos that are more clarifying in nature, but this turns my hair to straw. The matching conditioner doesn't do much to detangle or combat dryness either. Probably good for kids because it smells like sweet strawberry candy. The scent and price are the best things about it. They changed the formula again, though, because it used to use ALS & ALES as cleansing agents, and now it has SLES (which I'm normally okay with). They've changed the formula a lot over the years, it used to be much better and not as drying, and the scent used to stay in your hair. Now it's just mediocre.

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/9/2015 12:56:00 PM

First: to the reviewer below who called us idiots...do you need a nap? Or a hug?
That said, this shampoo is just ok for me. It doesn't strip color but it is heavily fragranced and I wish the lather could be richer. However, it is a very cheap cleanser that doubles as a body wash when necessary.
The consistency is somewhat runny, which wouldn't be as much a problem if it generated a better foam and cleaned on the first wash. I have to wash my abundant, black hair several times so this will get used up quickly.
I would only repurchase if nothing else was available or I was going on a trip. On the other hand, budget shampoos are also good for hand-washing, and some people have even used them in the laundry.
I give it a "meh."

on 7/15/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It's cheap, it works. That's all there is to it. All of the negative reviews are from idiots who tried to use it on their color treated hair.

This shampoo smells great but has the foam factor of dish soap. That CAN be a good thing if you are trying to strip your hair of any color (yes I made the mistake of using this stuff after dying my hair...idiot). It's almost like a clarifying shampoo for me....like I said not necessarily a bad thing. I'll keep this around for occasional use but my hair would be a disaster if I used this every day.

This shampoo is good when your usual gets boring. Before I illuminate my reasons for using it, I should say that the whole bathroom smells like Bath & Body. I recently raved about Aussie Volume but that shampoo doesn't leave my shower fragrant and summery. Now that dreary winter is at my door, I bought it to be reminded of better days.
But about my hair: like the apple shampoo, it's fragrant, silicone-free and instead of a creamy formula, it's a gel. The lather isn't super but on the second wash, it's bubbly. The gel rinses out easily and I see no reason why this couldn't be considered clarifying since it washes out products. My hair is fine but abundant, and very wavy with ringlets falling to my shoulders. This shampoo cleanses well and doesn't make my skin itchy. The same can be said of the Juicy Apple.
If you use something thick and rich, this can be for weekend washings, or every day if you enjoy clean, fragrant hair. It also doubles as a body wash, although I have their Ocean Breeze wash. It's also a gel and, oddly enough, can be used on hair. I discovered this by accident when I needed to get some product out.
This won't damage your hair or strip color. It's as basic as shampoo gets, and I'm a fan of basic. I recommend for your rotation, since we girls always have like ten different shampoos in our bathroom.

Reading the other reviews on this product, I have come to conclude that this shampoo is best on fine, oily or normal hair. If you have thick, dry or frizzy hair it WILL dry your hair out even more. Me and my mother both have fine blonde hair prone to breakage, flat hair, and oiliness and this is the perfect daily shampoo. The scent is sweet and fruity but not too strong.
One thing I will say is if you use it too often it will cause product buildup, so if you use it every day be prepared to switch shampoos every once in a while.

on 5/6/2014 1:04:00 PM

My mom used to buy me this one all the time when I was a kid, it really wasn't moisturizing at all, and being a teenager I would take frequent showers, almost everyday. Just made me too dry and frizzy overall, also I really didn't like the smell, very artificial sour strawberry.
Thumbs down from me.

For starters, my hair is medium length, naturally wavy, early greying, colortreated and has been dry since childhood which I attribute to hormones and having always lived in a hard water area. Some products have made my hair worse, but none regardless of price point have made much improvement. Therefore, I go cheap on hair products since it really doesn't make much difference.

Despite my dry hair, I am not a fan of moisturizing shampoos because they tend to lead to buildup and I have to wash more often which defeats the purpose of trying to keep my hair moisturized. I don't like to wash my hair daily. I like silicone free shampoos like this particular Suave line. I only shampoo my scalp with it and condition the length with a silicone moisturizing conditioner.

I love the scent of this because I actually love that artificial strawberry smell. I also like green apple and the coconut.

Overall, this is an effective cheap shampoo (under $2) that smells great and does not destroy my hair.

I wonder if those who hated it are using it daily without conditioner or used it with the matching one. The matching ones are not enough for me because my hair needs some cones to look decent and those are silicone free. I would also not use it when my hair was dyed red because the red bleeds out fast with sulfate shampoos even ones for colortreated hair. Part of the reason I stopped dying it red was because I hated the sulfate free shampoos and can't stand cowashing. With brown and black hair dye, I don't have shampoo issues.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Smells so good but it did nothing for my hair. I have thick wavy hair. This product made my hair feel super dry and frizzy afterwards. I used it in conjunction with the matching conditioner. I'll use this up with another conditioner and I definitely would not repurchase.