Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Aqua (Water,Eau),Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,PPG-26-Buteth-26,Ethylhexyl Salicylate,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Parfum (Fragrance),Sodium Chloride,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Diazolidinyl Urea,CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 45410 (Red 28),CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Mario Badescu Glycolic Toner is a nice product, however it's not my exfoliation product of choice for my own needs/wants.

VThis is best used as a daily toner swiped across clean skin. I had previously used this toner for about 3 years and was my acid of choice after I used the Clarins acid toner and wanted a cheaper option. This has a low percentage of glycolic, which would be nice for someone who was new to acid toning and wanted a nice gentle acid toner. However, I now prefer a higher acid that is more of a treatment acid. I much prefer Alpha H Liquid Gold for a bi weekly acid treatment. This is also a liquid treatment not a serum. I find the results of that better than daily toning with Marios Glycolic. If you have oily skin this may not be useful at all as Glycolic has less ability to penetrate the oil than Salicylic acid.

The packaging is quite annoying as it as a lot but the product changes colour when exposed to the light which may affect the potency of the product. Mine changed from the bright blue to the pale blue in a short amount of time. I generally do find it too also smell different after being open for a few months.

As I said: if you want a very gentle daily acid toner this may be great for you. If you have oily skin I don't think it will work, and I generally prefer my acid in a more potent treatment form such as Alpha H Liquid Gold.

on 5/13/2017 10:30:00 PM

Everytime i try using this at night i akwahs wake up with redder and broken out skin in the morning.i just had to put itaway.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this toner. I was leery of this product only having 2% glycolic acid, which is on the lower end, but it ended up being very effective. As long as you don't have a large amount of acne, I'm pretty sure this is good enough.

This toner is remarkable because not only does it prep and prime your skin for your skincare routine - as a toner should, but it also exfoliates and controls acne. I've had way less pimples ever since I started using this, and my skin also seems to look brighter overall. Because this is alcohol free, it's suitable for even the driest of skin. Some people mentioned that this causes a stinging sensation, although I haven't experienced anything of that sort.

I bought this for half off during an Ulta sale, but I would gladly pay full price. You get a massive bottle for $18.

on 2/5/2017 11:52:00 AM

I got this on a special for half price. So it was $9. Normally $18. I cannot say that it does anything at all. It doesn't even tingle or anything. Smells like rosewater, which is fine with me. It is just a regular toner. Do not pay $18 for rosewater with some alcohol. You can make it yourself even better...

on 12/19/2016 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I gave this a good try and used the whole bottle. But it just didn't help me much. To start, I have dry to normal sensitive skin and this was pretty darn tolerable even for me. I was careful what products I partnered with it too. But after using up a whole bottle, and this being the only thing I changed in my routine, I am not impressed. My skin looks no different as far as pores or quality. And I was faced with a constant flow of clogged pores and pimples. Not a huge breakout, but constantly battling one or two I didn't have before. One comes, I finally get rid of it, then another. I never had this issue when I used my old routine of Stridex pads (I took those out when using the Glycolic toner so as not to rip my skin off).

I love the Glycolic wash from MB but I can only use that once a week or so. And for some skin types, perhaps the toner will be the right choice. I am going to stick with the Seaweed Cleansing Lotion (a toner used in the PM) and my Stridex pads (AM).

on 9/23/2016 11:03:00 AM

A game changer for my skin, its my favourite toner by far, its leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh and I have had zero breakouts since I started using it

I really wanted to like this product after doing heaps of research on Glycolic Acid and spent my own money on this product. Really sad that it didn't deliver at all. I have combination skin that's not acne-prone nor overly sensitive. First try- Feels slightly stingy, others said that's normal for first few times so I tried again for 2 more times in consecutive days. Even though without alcohol in it, it felt much more drying than the hyaluronic acid toner which I normally use and love- so I decide to combine the two as it's winter and my face needs more moisture. Last two times didn't sting much but didn't notice any significant result either. But I started to notice more "pimples", which after those 3 days turned into red hot patches all over my face - It was then I realise I have developed allergic reaction to the toner. I read some bloggers stating it is all "normal" to have redness and dryness and skin will adapt to it eventually etc ... but honestly anything the skin is allergic to causes Damage to the otherwise healthy skin- of course the skin always recovers afterwards and it may look better than before- But Why go through such drastic measures & sufferings? This stuff does not have the same calibre as Retin-A or Retinol products in terms of anti-aging effectiveness. Although I'm not sure exactly which substance in that bottle I'm allergic to. Personally, I think this toner is Not worth taking the risk if u have non-acne prone skin and does not desperately need anti-aging products. Try other things instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had terrible hormonal and stress-related acne. After reading so many reviews about Mario Badescu, I bought the Glycolic Acid Toner, Buffering Lotion, Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and Enzyme Cleansing Gel. While the Buffering Lotion made the acne worse, the combination of the other products worked wonders! I noticed the redness starting to dry up within a few days of using. I did not experience any sting or itch. My skin felt a bit dry after using this but I always use a good moisturizer after. My acne was gone in a month and I had a good amount of product left over because you don't really need a lot for one use as it is quite foamy. If you have drier skin, do not use more than 2 times a week and make sure you put moisturizer after.

on 6/12/2016 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I purchased this product in February and it's now June and I'm almost done the bottle. I have very dry sensitive skin and I look for toners that do not contain alcohol. this is my first experience with a chemical exfoliant that isn't salicylic acid (for acne). I use this at night and use a high spf during the day. I've noticed that this really took away my dry flakes skin within a matter of a few days. within a month I noticed my skin to be brighter, clear (less congested pores), and my acne scars were fading. I noticed when I went a few weeks without using this my pores started clogging. only con is that it stings if you have any healing acne. or use a acne treatment on top of it (doesn't hurt it lasts two seconds and disappears) but the bottle does day do NOT use on acne erupted skin so keep that in mind. I would deff repurchase bc it's not terribly expensive but I want to try a different chemical exfoliant toner so I can compare.

on 4/11/2016 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff!!!! I have been using this for years. Now that I'm older and have more money than I used to, I use it all over if I want to. I always use it on my face but sometimes I just put it on my body after a shower to restore the pH and on my hands-they really dry out because I wash them all the time and moisturizer just makes them greasy and I have things to do and can't be greasy so I just put some of this on and it helps my skin feel not so tight.
Now this is not in any way a moisturizer, it is definitely a toner. Sometimes I use it twice and I definitely end up burning my face from time to time. I really love this toner and have been extremely loyal to this unlike most products I use. There is no alcohol and very few ingredients. I highly recommend this.