Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Aqua (Water,Eau),Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,PPG-26-Buteth-26,Ethylhexyl Salicylate,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Parfum (Fragrance),Sodium Chloride,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Diazolidinyl Urea,CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 45410 (Red 28),CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

on 2/3/2018 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow, is this the first toner ever that doesn't give me clogged pores? It might be! I only use this at night, but it feels so cleansing, hydrating and softening that my face feels like a baby's butt every morning. I have some scars left from when I struggled with mild acne, and I feel like they are fading faster now, too. Really happy with this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I enjoyed Mario Badescu seaweed toner, and have also tried the cucumber one (though not that impressed).

This glycolic acid one seems to work as well as a toner, i dont see any differences from the other ranges, but it does sting my eyes out so much that i'd have tears coming out and wont be able to open my eyes for awhile. i dont even let it get into contact with my eyes. for this reason, i wont be repurchasing it again.

on 10/2/2017 3:07:00 PM

Just no. This toner leaves a sticky residue on my skin and it made me break out. The whole point of using toner is make the skin feel cleaner and look clearer! I didn't like this one bit and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/24/2017 9:55:00 AM

One of my necessities. I use this on my hands & arms as well as face & neck: helps keep my hands looking young. I used to have hard little dry-skin bumps on my upper arms (everyone in my family gets them), and regular use of this cleared them up completely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Mario Badescu Glycolic Toner is a nice product, however it's not my exfoliation product of choice for my own needs/wants.

VThis is best used as a daily toner swiped across clean skin. I had previously used this toner for about 3 years and was my acid of choice after I used the Clarins acid toner and wanted a cheaper option. This has a low percentage of glycolic, which would be nice for someone who was new to acid toning and wanted a nice gentle acid toner. However, I now prefer a higher acid that is more of a treatment acid. I much prefer Alpha H Liquid Gold for a bi weekly acid treatment. This is also a liquid treatment not a serum. I find the results of that better than daily toning with Marios Glycolic. If you have oily skin this may not be useful at all as Glycolic has less ability to penetrate the oil than Salicylic acid.

The packaging is quite annoying as it as a lot but the product changes colour when exposed to the light which may affect the potency of the product. Mine changed from the bright blue to the pale blue in a short amount of time. I generally do find it too also smell different after being open for a few months.

As I said: if you want a very gentle daily acid toner this may be great for you. If you have oily skin I don't think it will work, and I generally prefer my acid in a more potent treatment form such as Alpha H Liquid Gold.

on 5/13/2017 10:30:00 PM

Everytime i try using this at night i wake up with redder and broken out skin in the morning.i just had to put it away.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this toner. I was leery of this product only having 2% glycolic acid, which is on the lower end, but it ended up being very effective. As long as you don't have a large amount of acne, I'm pretty sure this is good enough.

This toner is remarkable because not only does it prep and prime your skin for your skincare routine - as a toner should, but it also exfoliates and controls acne. I've had way less pimples ever since I started using this, and my skin also seems to look brighter overall. Because this is alcohol free, it's suitable for even the driest of skin. Some people mentioned that this causes a stinging sensation, although I haven't experienced anything of that sort.

I bought this for half off during an Ulta sale, but I would gladly pay full price. You get a massive bottle for $18.

on 2/5/2017 11:52:00 AM

I got this on a special for half price. So it was $9. Normally $18. I cannot say that it does anything at all. It doesn't even tingle or anything. Smells like rosewater, which is fine with me. It is just a regular toner. Do not pay $18 for rosewater with some alcohol. You can make it yourself even better...

on 12/19/2016 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I gave this a good try and used the whole bottle. But it just didn't help me much. To start, I have dry to normal sensitive skin and this was pretty darn tolerable even for me. I was careful what products I partnered with it too. But after using up a whole bottle, and this being the only thing I changed in my routine, I am not impressed. My skin looks no different as far as pores or quality. And I was faced with a constant flow of clogged pores and pimples. Not a huge breakout, but constantly battling one or two I didn't have before. One comes, I finally get rid of it, then another. I never had this issue when I used my old routine of Stridex pads (I took those out when using the Glycolic toner so as not to rip my skin off).

I love the Glycolic wash from MB but I can only use that once a week or so. And for some skin types, perhaps the toner will be the right choice. I am going to stick with the Seaweed Cleansing Lotion (a toner used in the PM) and my Stridex pads (AM).

on 9/23/2016 11:03:00 AM

A game changer for my skin, its my favourite toner by far, its leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh and I have had zero breakouts since I started using it