Tarte Glistening Powder in Sugar Daddy

No Image

4.4

on 4/11/2010 1:20:00 AM

I also got this as a free sample from ordering from Tarte. I didn't really know what this is use for so I started using this s an eyeshadow, and it is really incredible as that. The color is so pretty, peachy-pink and bit of bronze, and it's also so shimmry without being too sparkly. I used this as an eyeshadow, and the color lasted so long considering most eyeshadows doen't last that long on my eyes and usually the colors will fade to almost nonexistent by the end of the day. But this works surprisingly well as an eyeshadow and the color is still there after hours and hours and even a nap. Does Tarte still sells this product? I didn't see this on their website. I'm happy with this sample size though.

I also got this as a free sample. It's definitely a very feminine and romantic shade. The packaging is hardy, awkward like any loose powder packaging but the powder itself is soft and finely milled. The colour is a soft bronzed peach, and i love the bright sheen it has. While the sparkles are tiny - no grit here - they're quite obvious.

on 2/19/2008 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got the mini size free with a purchase at sephora. I love, ove, love the color. It's a beautiful shimmery peach color. On my eyes it looks like MAC Apricot Pink or Deckchair. I really don't like the container. It's a shaker top and I guess it's supposed to be used as a highlighter. I use it as eyeshadow only so I need to find a new container for it =)

on 8/30/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this with my last order from Tarte. I've used a light application as a shimmery shadow, and I've also used in a highlighter. I could also see this adding a nice touch of shimmer to the decolletage . It's finely milled, shimmery, no yucky chunky glitter. The shade is a nice muted bronze.

on 12/22/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First thought...I'm already put off ...It's impossible to not make a mess. Might transfer it to a bigger container. Other than that it's a beautiful color. Multi-purpose 2.

on 5/5/2008 9:15:00 PM

The color of this shimmer is pretty, perfect for summer. For me, it is a little TOO shimmery for my face, so I use it on my body. I just mix it with whatever body lotion I have... and Ta-Da!! Instant shimmer lotion. It's especially pretty on arms and legs. Smooth on this mixture before you hit the beach, and you're sure to be turning heads! ;o)

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a mini version of this with a kit from QVC. I wasn't sure how I was going to use this. I decided to try it as an eyeshadow and it's beautiful. I paired this with some chocolate colored shadow that I put in the crease and as a liner. Simple but pretty look. It has enough sparkle to stand out, but not too much. I have not used it on my body, but love this for an eyeshadow.

on 10/11/2006 1:59:00 PM

Pretty packaging, hard to get product out! I have a mini one, but i'll get unlimited uses from it because I only use it as an eyeshadow. Put on an e/s base and dust this on your lids, and you're good to go. It provides a very pretty shimmery wash of beigy natural color. I probably will not use this on my cheeks or body since it's hard to get the right amount of powder with a big brush. As an eyeshadow, it's wonderful!

I Love this shimmer powder! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because of the packaging; it's really hard not to make a mess with how the lid screws on, and because it's way expen$ive. It's just the right color and sparkle for a cute daytime look with a kick when used as eyeshadow. I wouldn't use it as a highligher or as a body shimmer though because for one it's too expensive for that (imo), and for 2 I'm too damn pale!! LOL great product though.

on 2/20/2007 7:00:00 PM

I love this shade! Although its listed as body powder, I use it with a wet eye-shadow brush and use it as shadow instead. Incredibly long-lasting. Ive had the mini-size for over a year and use it several times a week and I still have over half the container.