Mary Kay Lip gloss

Mary Kay Lip gloss

4.1

on 3/15/2016 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This gloss is a little on the sticky side, but many glosses are and this is not the stickiest I have ever used. I like the vanilla flavor of the glosses and the nice wash of color. This is reasonably priced and I will repurchase as long as I can find a MK rep that does not try to get me to join their cult lol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

OH MY GOD!!! This is by far THE MOST HORRIBLE lip gloss I have ever used!! I have NEVER had any reaction to a lip product before. This crap peeled my lips and made them feel absolutely raw! I don't know what kind it was, all I know is that it was in a round clear tube with a black cap with little hearts all over it. A very well meaning co-worker gave this to me as a Christmas gift knowing what a makeup junkie I am. I don't blame her, as she rarely wears makeup and wouldn't know that Mary Kay is basically a crap brand of makeup.
It has taken me over a month to get my lips back to normal and they are still not 100%. I have slathered Aquaphor on every night in an effort to get them to heal. I never purchased Mary Kay products after working cosmetics for 11 years and hearing multiple horror stories, but I thought a lip gloss wouldn't do any harm. WRONG! Please stay away from this brand or you will pay the price.

To Read all 106 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/30/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Just to "sticky" especially if you have long hair, as your hair will brush your mouth, and it gets stuck! Does not happen with lipstick, but to MK's credit, some other lip glosses do the same thing, but there are lip glosses out there that do not do this. There is really nothing special about MK lip gloss over others out there, so would not recommend, as there are better ones.

on 4/29/2012 10:48:00 AM

I have four of these and I'm really satisfied! They apply evenly, are non sticky and the lasting power is great, a combination I rarely find in other brands. The packaging is cute and small so you can have it in you pocket or wallet even, and they make these with a doe foot applicator instead of a brush. Thats really a matter of personal taste but I can't stand brush applicators and never buy glosses with them. The scent it nice and sweet but not overpowering. I miss a couple of shades in the color range but this again is a matter of personal taste. Another large plus is that they are very moisturizing, so moisturizing in fact that they can almost replace chap stick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm usually not a lip gloss gal, but I love this one. The color I have (can't remember which one it is) has gold glitters in it which I love, but the best part is that it's not sticky at all! Perfectly glossy and wonderful.

on 1/12/2012 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried Cream & Sugar years ago. Liked it alot.
Just tried the circa 2012 formulation in Fancy Nancy - a soft peachy/pink shade with a bit of gold microglitter (not too chunky). Smells vanilla-ish - not too long wearing though. Very moisturizing. Nice.

on 5/11/2011 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I wanted to like this gloss, but its really nothing special about it. It doesnt last any longer than other gloss that I own, it does make my lips feel softer and its not sticky, but I dont like the size of the tube its tiny so it has a short wand. Anyways I think its over priced and I probably wouldnt buy again.

on 11/7/2010 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I usually love mary kay lip products but last Christmas (2009) I recieved a limited edition shade called "starlet kiss" as a gift and it was REALLY horrible. Im only posting this cause someone told me that they are bringing it back for this holiday too.

on 6/23/2010 12:16:00 PM

Mary Kay has a nice assortment of colors. I liked the colors the lip gloss is good but I am not a fan of lip glosses. It is a bit too expensive. I do not like how all of them are so sparkly I would like to sample one that does not have so much sparkle. I would much rather have my moisturizing tinted lip balm with SPF I love it and will never buy another lip gloss again.

on 5/30/2010 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE Bronze Bliss, it is my favorite lipgloss color, ever.

It's unusual and it's highly pigmented which I love. It doesn't look cheap like most gloss colors do on me. It adds depth to a blah lipcolor underneath, or really pumps up a lipstick color that I like. It seems to compliment my red-blonde hair and give my pale skin a beautiful contrast that I have never really seen before in a lipcolor.

Absolutely thrilled.