MAC Cosmetics Holiday 2005 Viva Glam palette

No Image

4.7

on 11/3/2009 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've had this for years now and I still have a lot of product left and I do use all the colors. Very pretty palette also. Looks great in my makeup case.

on 3/7/2009 2:06:00 PM

I love this palette, not only for the colors but for how it has changed the way I carry and wear lipstick. I'm not a matte lippie fan, so I originally ignored the two matte shades, but I found out I can use them as a base and start blending unique, attractive shades with the addition of other colors in the palette. When I use up the colors in the palette (which is going to happen soon), I plan to fill the empty slots with other lipsticks, using a palette knife to cut a tube lipstick and blend it into the pan. With six pans in the palette, I think I can use one for an SPF15 lip balm (my preferred base), one for a lip gloss, and the other four for various color shades, say peach, nude, pink and red.

on 1/3/2007 2:31:00 PM

love this palatte.
some colors i do not use as much as the others.
i particularly love the more matte of the colors. the plum berry, and the more red berry. they stay quite awhile on my lips but do dry them out.

the other colors are more sheer, shiny, and moisture rich.

love it overall.

on 12/2/2006 8:48:00 PM

This is a fantastic everyday lip palette for me. Its colors span the nude to pink-red range, and are great for achieving a variety of daytime looks. I view this palette as a solid staple, and would repurchase if it ran out (I understand this palette is reissued every year). I think MAC's contribution of proceeds from this palette to AIDS causes is also a big plus.

on 5/16/2006 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'll admit I bought this product for the packaging. In fact, I bought most of the holiday palettes because of the amazing packaging. They are SO cute. But anyway, this is a good palette to carry around if you like a nude lip look, but honestly I don't feel that half the colors are pigmentede enough for my lips. Also, VGV gloss in this palette is not nearly the same as the real thing. For that reason, I took off a lippie. It's a great red/pink palette but I don't think I'll get much use out of it until fall rolls around again...

on 2/18/2006 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Previous to buying this, I only owned VGV lipstick and VGV lipgloss. I was curious about the other colors but just never bought them for some reason. This is a great way to try the other colors. All six colors are really flattering for me (NC20/25), and after I finish this palette, I plan on buying the other lipsticks separately.

on 12/25/2005 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll be honest, I bought this mainly because the packaging was sooo pretty! I didn't think a few of the colours could work for me but happily, I was wrong! A lot of them looked warm which usually washes me out but somehow, they looked great on me (NC25, Asian). Here's how they appeared: VG I: vintage red - I was afraid to wear this cos I'm not usually a red lippie gal, but this turned out to be a muted deep red on me, very polished and flattering. VG II: i can't use this alone, otherwise I'll get the corpse look but with a pink lip liner below, this becomes the perfect MLBB. VG III: Another deep colour I was afraid to try, but it turned out to be a very flattering wine shade rather than the burgundy in the palette. VG IV: Most versatile shade - a medium berry with shimmer but to be honest, I have tons of shades like this one, rather boring. VG V: this was another surprise. Turned out to the a great neutral pink lip with shimmer. VG V l/g: I generally do not like Mac lipglasses so I use this again with pink lip liner underneath and it's a great nude look.

I think part of the reason why most of these shades work for me is because it's in the palette form and I use it with a lip brush. This allows me to obtain a sheerer look, which I like. For this reason, I'm unlikely to buy the separate lippies in the tube. This is the first lip palette that I've truly loved - and with the funds going to a good cause, makes it worth every cent!

on 12/10/2005 2:48:00 PM

Oh, now this is one beautiful case! It comes with a wee red lacquered lip brush and has my fave Viva Glams inside. I really like all the different Viva Glam colors & textures, just at different times. Now I can have it all at once and take it with me quickly and neatly. The packaging is gorgeous and it was an early Christmas present to...me! I will always love the fact that 100% of the purchase price goes to AIDS causes, too. A winner all the way around- you really can't go wrong.

on 12/6/2005 7:34:00 AM

Beautiful and versatile combination of lip colours and textures. I especially love Viva Glam V in its lipstick and lipglass forms. Compact, and in a fabulous case, it was a tad pricey in Australia at AUD75 but, as mentioned by previous reviewers, all proceeds go to a worthy cause. I am surprised that it has not sold out everywhere !

on 12/1/2005 10:16:00 PM

I love this palette. All the colors are great and very neutral. It's perfect for work because it's small enough to take with me and gives me a little bit of variety. The price wasn't bad $36 for what you get. The packaging is cute and it has a good size mirror.