Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner
Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.2

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 4/5/2018 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Forget all the expensive toners - Thayer’s is the bomb! I’ve used both the cucumber and the rose and like them equally. At 60+ my skin is dry yet loves this toner far more than any of the expensive brands. No burning, itching or tightness. I prefer to put some in a spray bottle and wipe off with cotton after spritzing. During hot weather I keep a spray bottle fridged; very refreshing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is another product I tried because of the hype. Let’s start with the value for money. You get a lot for a low price, which is great. I was actually surprised with how big the bottle was because I wasn’t expecting it given the price. So yeah, amount of product is above satisfactory.

Now on to the product itself. I love loooove the smell. I love coming out of the bathroom and smelling like roses. I’ve read that’s an issue to some people, but not to me.

I’ve been using this tonee for almost two months now and I havent seen any drastic difference. I noticed my pores are smaller, and I’m pretty sure it’s because of this toner. So yay! However, I cant seem to see any of the differences some users saw when they used this. It didnt prevent breakouts. It didn’t dry up new acne. It didnt even up my skin tone. It just made my pores look smaller.

Three stars for the amount, the smell, and the pore minimizing effect.

Will I buy it again? I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll see results in the next month.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my HG toner. Gentle, soothing, and effective. It smells divine (if you love roses like i do), and the packaging is a little cheap but still cute. I was using the Pixi Glow Tonic for awhile, but feel it was a bit much for my skin. I’ve used this toner on and off for about a year, and I always go back to it. I start to wonder why my skin is acting up, and remember it’s because I’m not using this toner! So I am done with all other toners and am sticking with this one. No matter what your skin issue is, this seems to help. It helps soothe irritated, dry, and sensitive skin. Helps with any redness caused by these things or from breakouts. I don’t breakout often, but when I do, it’s bad. This always rescues my skin. I didn’t know a toner could do so much, but it really does. It does a great job of removing any leftover makeup as well. I love that is isn’t the slightest bit drying or stripping, and leaves my skin soft and glowing. I couldn’t recommend this more.

on 2/24/2018 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This smells so good. I use it between cleansing and moisturizing and i find that it frequently takes off the makeup that i missed with micellar water or cleansing. The cap could be better, after a few uses its hard to keep the cap closed.

on 2/22/2018 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this toner. I find that it is very effective at clearing up small breakouts within a few hours, if used in a timely manner. Reduces redness of existing small blemishes as well. I also have noticed a decrease in the small blackheads around my nose. As far as improving the overall tone and texture of my face, I'm not sure this does the trick, but its ability to tackle pimples is what I love about the product. I use it in the morning and at night before applying moisturizer. I have not had any issues with irritation or an slimy feeling after using. Highly recommend!

on 2/18/2018 11:39:00 AM

Something in this toner caused breakouts for me. Back to Neutrogena Alcohol Free or Shiseido Ibuki Softener or Lancôme Tonique Douceur (alcohol free) all of which do not cause breakouts for me until I find something better. P.S. Hoping this will help others, Pixi Glow Tonic and Shiseido WrinkleResist24 Balancing Softener also caused breakouts for me.

on 2/10/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: incredible for my oily skin, gets rid of the extra oil + dirt on my face
Cons: smells too good, have to continuously stop myself from drinking it because it literally smells like heaven

on 1/25/2018 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using more toners again and the regular ones you find in drugstores tend to have alcohol in them, and while they don't bother me, I still wanted something alcohol-free and if it has a few extra ingredients that sound beneficial? Bring it on.

That this one has rose, aloe, glycerin and a few other ingredients appealed to me. I tend to use it for a quick cleanup during the day, if I'm working at home, or to tone after cleansing. The glycerin doesn't seem to make it moisturizing, but it doesn't feel drying either. There's a bit of a rose scent to this that some might not like, but I personally the smell, since it's something I can identify. (It probably helps that I see roses and rose oils and rose extracts as good for the skin, too.) It kind of feels like a refreshing cleanse or treatment without leaving my skin feeling dry or irritated.

Has it transformed my skin? No, not really, but it does the job I want it to do, and it plays well with my other beauty products while not leaving my face feeling red or irritated. As a result it's a win for me, and I'll likely repurchase this, or maybe pick up another Thayers witch hazel product depending on my mood at time of purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This toner smells lovely but it's just too harsh for my sensitive, acne prone skin. Way too harsh. Didn't help with my breakouts, just dried out my face. Would not recommend.

on 1/20/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this witch hazel toner through amazing Amazon reviews and I am really glad I did. I've been using this for a year now (two bottles) and have seen a huge improvement in my skin.
I'm 28 and have normal skin that leans more towards dry. I used to have a lot of whiteheads around and on my nose plus on my chin, but ever since using this I no longer have those whiteheads and my pores appear smaller.
There are several times when I notice a pimple forming and I put on this witch hazel and the pimple goes away much quicker than it had before.
I rarely get breakouts around my period anymore. .I've recommended this to many friends and family!