Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner
Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.2

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 8/23/2016 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a very good basic toner that helps to remove impurities and adjusts the pH of your skin. It is very soothing and has a light pleasant smell. I am not a fan of the packaging however. The plastic nozzle broke recently and now I can no longer close the bottle.

on 8/17/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This made me break out. I tried it on so many different occasions and every time I'd get zits in places I don't normally get them. I finally dumped it down the drain.

To Read all 484 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/16/2016 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

As an oily skinned girl with enlarged pores and sunspots, this really is my HG toner. Price wise, it is one of the most affordable toners out there. It has a pleasant smell (ROSE) and does not leave any sticky residue or tight feeling and instead makes my skin feels refreshed!

Pros: First of, right of the bat, I noticed that it really removes surface dirt effectively. I would test how effective my facial cleansers are by how dirty the cotton pad is after swiping my face with the toner. So if you don't really wear makeup on a daily basis, this is an awesome product to use mid-day to clean your face and perk you up! (I poured some into a small spray bottle as this does not sell in travel sizes sadly)

Effects wise, I have noticed my pore size seems smaller. Skin is more smoother and has slightly increased radiance.

Cons: THE PACKAGING. The plastic cap seems really flimsy. And as this is formulated with more natural ingrediants, a more opaque bottle would be better for preservation sake. And its kind of messy sometimes when I squeeze out the toner on the cotton pad since it has a very watery consistency, A more pointed tip for better aim and control would be much better.

My overall rating would be 5/5 if the packaging issue was resolved. All in all, would always use this as my toner.

Where to buy: Singaporeans, I got this from iHerb.com. I'm not sure if this sells in any Watsons/Guardians

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this for those times my skin needs to calm down! After overuse of Retin-A and other exfoliating products, sometimes I just need a few days of calm. This delivers!

on 7/22/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use just plain green tea as a toner type product twice daily. Decided to try something different to help shrink pores.
Unfortunately, I found this stuff really took all the plump, suppleness out of my skin, made my skin quite rough. Not really 'drying', which wouldve been fine for my oily skin, (which was still oily and acne prone) but yeah- no longer soft and plump. Was quite shocked given the ingredients. No doubt this works great for some people, but for me, this just didn't compare to plain ole green tea. Seemed like it stopped other products I used afterwards from fully sinking in, too. Like, my hyaluronic serum (now foods one) was less effective because of this stuff.
I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal.
Perhaps will work for people who don't layer products or it just my hyaluronic serum in particular didn't get along with this stuff.

I was excited about this product and checked out a lot of reviews several places before buying. I purchased from my local health food chain so I know it's not a counterfeit product.
I'm 55 with combination skin and large pores on cheeks and nose. My skin is starting to get more fragile with age. I was looking for a gentle natural toner.
I usually don't have many problems with skin care products, but have to be careful they don't over dry me. I've used this twice now. Once last night. I noticed my face felt slightly itchy for hours. Kind of the feeling a rough itchy wool that is lightly touching skin.
I tried it once more this morning and same thing.
Not sure what it is. I've used rose water alone in the past and had no problems. Something about this my skin doesn't like.

I have been using it for 5 months and lovin it. Leaves my skin fresh and clean. Cleanse well too. But aside from that, i do not experience something wonderful like help a blemish etc. Repurchase if i didn't find something better.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the new throwback, contemporary packaging. I've only been using this for a few days and it's freaking amazing! I'm learning the miraculous properties of Rose byproducts: rosehip seed oil, rosewater, etc. It gives my face this beautiful warmth and glow. I've tried cheap, alcoholic toners before, but nothing has as much extra cleaning power as this. I think I do a thorough job at cleaning my face and then BAM this stuff picks up the rest without tightening my face or stripping it of natural moisture. I'll post an update, but so far I'm soooo glad to have added this to my skincare routine. It's definitely a new staple.

P.S. I'm a coupon-sale junkie, so I wait for drugstore sales etc. I got this stuff for a mere $6.99, although, I would definitely purchase this stuff full-price. I'm more than happy with it for now.

on 6/3/2016 5:26:00 AM

Years ago, when I first bought it, this thing broke me out like crazy for like a week, but for some reason I kept using it. Thanks God I did. Maybe it was just my skin adapting to it. When I use it it does kind of irritate any redness or open pimple that Ive been picking at, but it made my hormonal acne disappear, and for like a year I used this alone with absolutely nothing else: no cleanser, no moisturizer, no nothing. And my skin was perfect. Just recently I decided to apply BB creams, makeup and stuff to my face and then I got myself in trouble. But still, that toner will get rid of absolutely everything.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Been using it for almost 2 months now and I'm in love, it leaves my face feeling so refreshing and the smell is amazing and it has helped me out to get rid of my cystic acne.