Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.2

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this for those times my skin needs to calm down! After overuse of Retin-A and other exfoliating products, sometimes I just need a few days of calm. This delivers!

on 7/22/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use just plain green tea as a toner type product twice daily. Decided to try something different to help shrink pores.
Unfortunately, I found this stuff really took all the plump, suppleness out of my skin, made my skin quite rough. Not really 'drying', which wouldve been fine for my oily skin, (which was still oily and acne prone) but yeah- no longer soft and plump. Was quite shocked given the ingredients. No doubt this works great for some people, but for me, this just didn't compare to plain ole green tea. Seemed like it stopped other products I used afterwards from fully sinking in, too. Like, my hyaluronic serum (now foods one) was less effective because of this stuff.
I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal.
Perhaps will work for people who don't layer products or it just my hyaluronic serum in particular didn't get along with this stuff.

To Read all 481 Reviews, Login or Join

I was excited about this product and checked out a lot of reviews several places before buying. I purchased from my local health food chain so I know it's not a counterfeit product.
I'm 55 with combination skin and large pores on cheeks and nose. My skin is starting to get more fragile with age. I was looking for a gentle natural toner.
I usually don't have many problems with skin care products, but have to be careful they don't over dry me. I've used this twice now. Once last night. I noticed my face felt slightly itchy for hours. Kind of the feeling a rough itchy wool that is lightly touching skin.
I tried it once more this morning and same thing.
Not sure what it is. I've used rose water alone in the past and had no problems. Something about this my skin doesn't like.

I have been using it for 5 months and lovin it. Leaves my skin fresh and clean. Cleanse well too. But aside from that, i do not experience something wonderful like help a blemish etc. Repurchase if i didn't find something better.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the new throwback, contemporary packaging. I've only been using this for a few days and it's freaking amazing! I'm learning the miraculous properties of Rose byproducts: rosehip seed oil, rosewater, etc. It gives my face this beautiful warmth and glow. I've tried cheap, alcoholic toners before, but nothing has as much extra cleaning power as this. I think I do a thorough job at cleaning my face and then BAM this stuff picks up the rest without tightening my face or stripping it of natural moisture. I'll post an update, but so far I'm soooo glad to have added this to my skincare routine. It's definitely a new staple.

P.S. I'm a coupon-sale junkie, so I wait for drugstore sales etc. I got this stuff for a mere $6.99, although, I would definitely purchase this stuff full-price. I'm more than happy with it for now.

on 6/3/2016 5:26:00 AM

Years ago, when I first bought it, this thing broke me out like crazy for like a week, but for some reason I kept using it. Thanks God I did. Maybe it was just my skin adapting to it. When I use it it does kind of irritate any redness or open pimple that Ive been picking at, but it made my hormonal acne disappear, and for like a year I used this alone with absolutely nothing else: no cleanser, no moisturizer, no nothing. And my skin was perfect. Just recently I decided to apply BB creams, makeup and stuff to my face and then I got myself in trouble. But still, that toner will get rid of absolutely everything.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Been using it for almost 2 months now and I'm in love, it leaves my face feeling so refreshing and the smell is amazing and it has helped me out to get rid of my cystic acne.

on 5/6/2016 1:36:00 AM

Have been using this toner for 3 years and since then has not change to others. I would spray the toner on my face and let it absorb with the moisturizer that I put on my face and I feel more moisturising and soothing.

on 4/25/2016 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used this for years. Nice, basic, moisturizing toner that's gentle and will not leave your skin feeling stripped. The only improvement to this would be if it had some kind of glycolic acid in it, but I already use moisturizers with that so for me it's not really necessary in a toner, too.

Large bottle, good value for money, great for sensitive skin. Very gentle rose fragrance, nothing synthetic or harsh. Love it!

Really glad that this toner is alcohol free, but still has a pore tightening effect. This is pretty strongs and stings a bit at first, but if you face is slightly damp before you use a cotton apply, the toner is more dilute. I first tried this when I had some really bad acne, and in a few days I already saw a difference in the severity of my acne. It can be a bit drying so you should use a good moisturizer after. However it is not a miracle worker and I still have some acne. I only use this toner once a day since it is a bit too strong for my skin, and a bit drying.