Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner
Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.2

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 2/18/2018 11:39:00 AM

Something in this toner caused breakouts for me. Back to Neutrogena Alcohol Free or Shiseido Ibuki Softener or LancĂ´me Tonique Douceur (alcohol free) all of which do not cause breakouts for me until I find something better. P.S. Hoping this will help others, Pixi Glow Tonic and Shiseido WrinkleResist24 Balancing Softener also caused breakouts for me.

on 2/10/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: incredible for my oily skin, gets rid of the extra oil + dirt on my face
Cons: smells too good, have to continuously stop myself from drinking it because it literally smells like heaven

on 1/25/2018 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using more toners again and the regular ones you find in drugstores tend to have alcohol in them, and while they don't bother me, I still wanted something alcohol-free and if it has a few extra ingredients that sound beneficial? Bring it on.

That this one has rose, aloe, glycerin and a few other ingredients appealed to me. I tend to use it for a quick cleanup during the day, if I'm working at home, or to tone after cleansing. The glycerin doesn't seem to make it moisturizing, but it doesn't feel drying either. There's a bit of a rose scent to this that some might not like, but I personally the smell, since it's something I can identify. (It probably helps that I see roses and rose oils and rose extracts as good for the skin, too.) It kind of feels like a refreshing cleanse or treatment without leaving my skin feeling dry or irritated.

Has it transformed my skin? No, not really, but it does the job I want it to do, and it plays well with my other beauty products while not leaving my face feeling red or irritated. As a result it's a win for me, and I'll likely repurchase this, or maybe pick up another Thayers witch hazel product depending on my mood at time of purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This toner smells lovely but it's just too harsh for my sensitive, acne prone skin. Way too harsh. Didn't help with my breakouts, just dried out my face. Would not recommend.

on 1/20/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this witch hazel toner through amazing Amazon reviews and I am really glad I did. I've been using this for a year now (two bottles) and have seen a huge improvement in my skin.
I'm 28 and have normal skin that leans more towards dry. I used to have a lot of whiteheads around and on my nose plus on my chin, but ever since using this I no longer have those whiteheads and my pores appear smaller.
There are several times when I notice a pimple forming and I put on this witch hazel and the pimple goes away much quicker than it had before.
I rarely get breakouts around my period anymore. .I've recommended this to many friends and family!

on 11/15/2017 11:17:00 PM

I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy. If you have sensitive skin or rosacea, stay FAR away. I honestly cannot understand the amazing reviews for this. Always heard witch hazel was supposed to be a nice gentle toner, and that rose was good for sensitive skin. It even has aloe vera in it, so I thought, why not, it's pretty cheap. WRONG. I do not get acne. Ever. This product gave me the biggest, worst cystic acne I've ever had in my entire life. It was on my face for 3 weeks before I finally saw a dermatologist to get it professionally drained and prescription meds to make it go away. At one point it had 3 WHITEHEADS ON ONE PIMPLE. It was awful. I was ashamed to go out, make up could not cover it. I still have a scar and hyper-pigmentation; my skin will be recovering for months. And all this is after using the product ONCE. I know for a fact it was this product. Run as fast as you can, ladies. Never again will I trust a product from Thayer's or anything with witch hazel in it. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great basic toner. I use this in the morning instead of cleansing because my dry skin doesn't like too much cleansing. Makes me feel nice and refreshed without feeling too stripped of my (very little) natural oils. This is a HG for me!

on 11/2/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product smells good and doesn't contain alcohol which is nice but it has way too much glycerine for me. It leaves a slimy film on my skin that never seems to dry down or absorb and frankly feels gross. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend to anyone that doesn't have really dry skin.

HG toner. Refreshing, smells great and preps my skin for the rest of my 10-step Korean skincare regimen.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

They changed the formula, what used to be my Holy Grail for years is now something I never buy this used to be so refreshing but after they change the formula it was drying, it broke me out, and I thought it was something hormonal but no, it turns out its because they changed the formula also, they changed the packaging so there's less mL I think, I don't remember because I haven't bought this in a year