Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner
Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.2

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 11/3/2016 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My skin is combination to oily and I have tried on 3 different occasions, each time close to 2 weeks of trial... but I just cannot like this. This is overly moisturizing for my skin unfortunately. So much so that I will have little bumps (clogged pores) forming on my skin and sebum production is expedited, causing blackheads to form even faster than normal.

Bought this from Qoo10 for less than SGD10 so price wise this is really affordable.

Sorry, I cannot like this product unlike others... Maybe I will transfer to a mist bottle and use it as a freshening spray of sorts!

on 10/25/2016 5:30:00 PM

The best. Best! This really helps balance my skin, evens out redness, and gives me face a nice glow. And obviously, it helps remove excess make-up traces after washing-which is really all I was expecting, but this goes above and beyond. It smells great if you like the smell of roses, and the packaging is so cute and vintage looking-like an 1890s medicine bottle, except plastic. This hasn't irritated my skin or dried it out, it makes my skin feel fresh and soft. I feel a moment of tightness as it dries but that's it. I feel like it controls oil in my oily areas, and calms my dry areas. Previously I had been using Burts Bees rosewater toner, which contains alcohol...I liked it for the summer but I know something with so much alcohol that you can smell it is definitely not good for the skin. Finally I found this at a health food store and I will buy it until I die or they stop making it-whichever comes first

To Read all 485 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/23/2016 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a very good basic toner that helps to remove impurities and adjusts the pH of your skin. It is very soothing and has a light pleasant smell. I am not a fan of the packaging however. The plastic nozzle broke recently and now I can no longer close the bottle.

on 8/17/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This made me break out. I tried it on so many different occasions and every time I'd get zits in places I don't normally get them. I finally dumped it down the drain.

on 8/16/2016 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

As an oily skinned girl with enlarged pores and sunspots, this really is my HG toner. Price wise, it is one of the most affordable toners out there. It has a pleasant smell (ROSE) and does not leave any sticky residue or tight feeling and instead makes my skin feels refreshed!

Pros: First of, right of the bat, I noticed that it really removes surface dirt effectively. I would test how effective my facial cleansers are by how dirty the cotton pad is after swiping my face with the toner. So if you don't really wear makeup on a daily basis, this is an awesome product to use mid-day to clean your face and perk you up! (I poured some into a small spray bottle as this does not sell in travel sizes sadly)

Effects wise, I have noticed my pore size seems smaller. Skin is more smoother and has slightly increased radiance.

Cons: THE PACKAGING. The plastic cap seems really flimsy. And as this is formulated with more natural ingrediants, a more opaque bottle would be better for preservation sake. And its kind of messy sometimes when I squeeze out the toner on the cotton pad since it has a very watery consistency, A more pointed tip for better aim and control would be much better.

My overall rating would be 5/5 if the packaging issue was resolved. All in all, would always use this as my toner.

Where to buy: Singaporeans, I got this from iHerb.com. I'm not sure if this sells in any Watsons/Guardians

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this for those times my skin needs to calm down! After overuse of Retin-A and other exfoliating products, sometimes I just need a few days of calm. This delivers!

on 7/22/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use just plain green tea as a toner type product twice daily. Decided to try something different to help shrink pores.
Unfortunately, I found this stuff really took all the plump, suppleness out of my skin, made my skin quite rough. Not really 'drying', which wouldve been fine for my oily skin, (which was still oily and acne prone) but yeah- no longer soft and plump. Was quite shocked given the ingredients. No doubt this works great for some people, but for me, this just didn't compare to plain ole green tea. Seemed like it stopped other products I used afterwards from fully sinking in, too. Like, my hyaluronic serum (now foods one) was less effective because of this stuff.
I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal.
Perhaps will work for people who don't layer products or it just my hyaluronic serum in particular didn't get along with this stuff.

I was excited about this product and checked out a lot of reviews several places before buying. I purchased from my local health food chain so I know it's not a counterfeit product.
I'm 55 with combination skin and large pores on cheeks and nose. My skin is starting to get more fragile with age. I was looking for a gentle natural toner.
I usually don't have many problems with skin care products, but have to be careful they don't over dry me. I've used this twice now. Once last night. I noticed my face felt slightly itchy for hours. Kind of the feeling a rough itchy wool that is lightly touching skin.
I tried it once more this morning and same thing.
Not sure what it is. I've used rose water alone in the past and had no problems. Something about this my skin doesn't like.

I have been using it for 5 months and lovin it. Leaves my skin fresh and clean. Cleanse well too. But aside from that, i do not experience something wonderful like help a blemish etc. Repurchase if i didn't find something better.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the new throwback, contemporary packaging. I've only been using this for a few days and it's freaking amazing! I'm learning the miraculous properties of Rose byproducts: rosehip seed oil, rosewater, etc. It gives my face this beautiful warmth and glow. I've tried cheap, alcoholic toners before, but nothing has as much extra cleaning power as this. I think I do a thorough job at cleaning my face and then BAM this stuff picks up the rest without tightening my face or stripping it of natural moisture. I'll post an update, but so far I'm soooo glad to have added this to my skincare routine. It's definitely a new staple.

P.S. I'm a coupon-sale junkie, so I wait for drugstore sales etc. I got this stuff for a mere $6.99, although, I would definitely purchase this stuff full-price. I'm more than happy with it for now.