Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

4.1

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

I wanted to like this product as I have used witch hazel in the past and not had any issue. I started slowly using only twice a week, by the third week I was having a reaction of cysts and pimples on my neck which is my clue as to a product not agreeing with me. After speaking to a girl at work with sensitive skin, I decided to use it on my chest and shoulders as she does. BIG MISTAKE; after two uses I broke out in a horrible rash that was made up of tiny dots all over my chest, upper back, up my neck and into the lower part of my face and down to my stomach! I had to go to the Dr and get cortisol cream to stop the spread that was like wild fire in just two days after stopping using it. I don't know what's in this product that I react to, but I've never had this happen in my life. I def recommend patch testing this product despite the rave reviews.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially liked this toner. It doesn't have a tacky residue and it's nice to use it to make sure that all the cleanser is properly removed.
Unfortunately, I have rosacea-prone sensitive skin and I can't use fragrant facial products without flared up redness and skin irritation.
I recommended it to a friend of mine who has a very dry skin. She hasn't found it drying at all, but unfortunately, in the long run, it caused redness and irritation for her face as well.
I know it's a cult product, but since we both had the same reaction I start noticing that YouTube beauty bloggers who swear by this toner also have pronounced facial redness.

I don't think this is a good product.

on 7/10/2018 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this.

I like that it's alcohol free, that it contains rose and aloe, that it's affordable, and that the new packaging (with the red cap) is adorable.
I like that the normal witch hazel smells like butt but this is actually enjoyable to use because of the natural rose scent.
I like that this does what a toner should do - removes any lingering makeup/cleanser and restores proper PH balance to my skin.
I like that this doesn't feel like it strips my oily skin.

I am on the fence about whether this is too moisturizing for my greaseball face in the summer.

I am not convinced that this, on its own, is a "miracle" product for my skin - I don't think it prevents breakouts or heals acne.

However, I find myself looking forward to using this every night after double cleansing my face. I believe it makes sure my skin is really clean without being harsh or punishing. I will probably continue to buy this, especially considering the alternatives out there. I think it's a good solid part of my skincare routine.

As stated in other reviews...I'm fanatical about my skin care. I stick toa strict and expansive skin care routine even when i feel to tired to deal. It has paid off in spades because i look 10yrs younger than my 39yrs with literally flawless skin. This toner (specifically the rose water and witch hazel with aloe Vera) has been an essential part of my skin care for years. I but the 11oz from Ebay(it's usually much cheaper than o on Amazon) and it lasts a good amount of time using it twice a day. First I double cleanse my face, apply whatever mask is scheduled for that night and after rinsing off mask, I apply this with a cotton round and part into face followed by my Essence. This is an amazing toner for such an affordable price. It containsno alcohol..unlike too many toners on the market, It restores your skin's PH levels, removes any trace of dirt our makeup that was still lurking deep in your pores, keeps your skin baby soft, clear of blemishes, and maintains a bright even complexion. I NEVER use another toner and after years it still remains effective for my skin. It holds so many benefits for your face that i can't fathom using a toner made with alcohol that just dries your face out. Some people buy them for the exfoliating acids but it's much more beneficial to do a good chemical peel 1-2 times a month(yes, they can be quite uncomfortable till you build a tolerance to the burning sensation) and use a toner that is good to your skin on a daily basis. I swear by this brand and in particular this toner

My first time to buy a toner and I saw the reviews only so I got it. My first and forever toner! It’s amazing!!!! I can use it in the middle of the day as a spray to keep my face refreshed and hydrated and moisturised. Recommended and will surely get another bottle! Maybe for the rest of my life! ❤️

on 5/23/2018 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This toner is my favorite thing in the world.. if you can get the Korean cotton pads where they’re kind of thin & come in many layers, do it!! I love those w/ this toner. After I swipe it on my face I put one layer on each cheek, forehead, and chin and let my skin drink up the rest of this gooooodness!! I even put it in a spray bottle & spray my face randomly throughout the day or over my makeup just before mascara.

This doesn’t break me out. If I’m breaking out bc of my period, I usually use a cotton pad w/ this on it and press it against the area and leave it there like a mini face mask. It really helps w my break outs!! And it just makes me feel soooooo good. Like I don’t think I’ll ever stop repurchasing lol.

My fav scent is the lavender one!! I haven’t tried the cucumber one, but the lavender one is my liiiife. I used to love the rose petal one, but ever since I tried the lavender one I can’t go back lol. I want to try the cucumber one, but I don’t want to not like it & wish I had bought my trusty lavender one instead... but one day I will!!

I have oily skin, but my dad has really dry cheeks... it’s been happening for a few months & we didn’t know why, so I made him use my toner & left the cotton pads pressed against his dry areas — and the dry skin around his cheeks & mouth were gone the next day!! He just doesn’t like the scent, but I wonder if the unscented one actually smells like witch hazel... regular witch hazel smells like poop :(

My fav part in my skincare routine!! I love it sooo much!!

Absolutely love this toner!!!!!
Have repurchased many times and am a devoted customer.
I used a few other rose petal toners, including one from Lush, but none did that much for me, some even making my skin greasier.
Bought this after some research online and applied it using a cotton pad - immediately noticed the results! One of those products you can remember the first time you used it cause you liked it so much and the results were obvious.
It tightens my skin, pores look smaller, skin feels fresh and plumped, and has a light feeling as well as a pleasant, but not overpowering, scent.
The price is also fantastic too! And hell yes to supporting natural, smaller companies.
I tried the Original Aloe Vera one and really didn't like it - sat on my skin and made my pores look greasy.
Rose petal is the way to go for me!
Would love it if the bottles had a spritzing nozzle, but been meaning to buy a different bottle and just transfer it over to spritz my face instead of using so many cotton pads.

Loving this! Smells fresh & luxurious--light rose scent--not overpowering at all; very soft. So refreshing over face & neck in a.m. immediately upon waking & added to p.m. before-bed ritual. Going to use droplets of this to moisten powder shadows & brow powders instead of plain water from now on. Come summer (or 80+ weather, whichever comes first), will decant some into 2-oz. spray bottle & keep in fridge for use as cooling facial mist (may mix with green or herbal tea according to skin's adaptation to climate change). Love that this is free of alcohol; also available in lavender and I believe tea tree-oil versions. Seems to work fairly well as a make-up remover even by itself (for light make-up such as tinted moisturizer (NARS), gel blush (MUFE) non-waterproof water-resistant mascara (EL), non-heavy-duty eyeshadow (LORAC), standard eyebrow pencil (ABH), standard-formula cream lipstick (NARS Audacious). In fact, I cleaned a make-up brush I'd used for dark brown/black brow powder with Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Make-up Remover (several goes at it, gently working it in w/fingers then rinsing), then went at it w/this, and sooo much more started to come out of the brush--I was astounded!! I purchased & have only seen this available at Whole Foods and other natural-foods retailers and health-food stores. All in all, thus far, highly recommend!

on 4/28/2018 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My dry skin gets a bit oily in the warmer months so I've been looking for a nice toner that isn't harsh or stripping. The popularity of this product blew up so - why not?

First off, I LOVE the smell of rose. This toner has the gentle scent of rose water and doesn't sting, so occasionally if I have 15 extra minutes I like to soak some cotton pads and make a balancing mask. (This technique is from the Japanese skincare revolution)

It's very hydrating and preps my face for heavier lotions and moisturizers without effecting (maybe increasing?) the efficacy of those other product as I really like to layer this with my Hadanomy collagen cream and Caudalie Beauty Elixir - literally this gave me the BEST, glowing skin I've ever had!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pure gold. I'm 30, combo skin with large pores, oil slick of a forehead and still break out here and there (both cystic and surface). This stuff is the perfect balance for my dryer patches as well- it doesn't dry me out and yet it helps with oil control and pores. Honestly I wish I started using this years ago. Current SC routine:

- Coconut Oil to take off M/U
- ROC Glycolic gel cleanser (then towel dry)
-Thayers WH with a cotton pad
- Valjean Labs Hydrate Serum (hyaluronic concentrate) 10 drops- Deciem has a similar one, I just got this one at Marshalls
- Clinique Moisture surge moisturizer
* Aztec Secrets Amazonian Healing Clay 2x week & Aczone for spots
* omega 3's 2x day, probiotics 3X day + multi

It's taken me for bloody ever to find the right stuff!