Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner
Rose Petal Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.2

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 11/15/2017 11:17:00 PM

I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy. If you have sensitive skin or rosacea, stay FAR away. I honestly cannot understand the amazing reviews for this. Always heard witch hazel was supposed to be a nice gentle toner, and that rose was good for sensitive skin. It even has aloe vera in it, so I thought, why not, it's pretty cheap. WRONG. I do not get acne. Ever. This product gave me the biggest, worst cystic acne I've ever had in my entire life. It was on my face for 3 weeks before I finally saw a dermatologist to get it professionally drained and prescription meds to make it go away. At one point it had 3 WHITEHEADS ON ONE PIMPLE. It was awful. I was ashamed to go out, make up could not cover it. I still have a scar and hyper-pigmentation; my skin will be recovering for months. And all this is after using the product ONCE. I know for a fact it was this product. Run as fast as you can, ladies. Never again will I trust a product from Thayer's or anything with witch hazel in it. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great basic toner. I use this in the morning instead of cleansing because my dry skin doesn't like too much cleansing. Makes me feel nice and refreshed without feeling too stripped of my (very little) natural oils. This is a HG for me!

on 11/2/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product smells good and doesn't contain alcohol which is nice but it has way too much glycerine for me. It leaves a slimy film on my skin that never seems to dry down or absorb and frankly feels gross. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend to anyone that doesn't have really dry skin.

HG toner. Refreshing, smells great and preps my skin for the rest of my 10-step Korean skincare regimen.

on 9/27/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I don't get the hype... too much glycerine (second place in ingredients list, above with hazel even) breaks me out :(( I though it might be a problem when I read the ingredients but so many people give it such high marks and say it's good for acne prone skin too I thought I'd try... and it did break me out. the glycerine also leaves greasy film on my skin it's over moisturizing for me.. I suspect all the high marks are from people with normal/combination and drier skin... that's why glycerine works for them, the only reason I am not giving 2 instead of 1 is because witch hazel really works wonders and on the parts it didn't break me out my skin does look and nicer, but it's not worth greasy feel and breakout obviously... and not that much change in pores.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

They changed the formula, what used to be my Holy Grail for years is now something I never buy this used to be so refreshing but after they change the formula it was drying, it broke me out, and I thought it was something hormonal but no, it turns out its because they changed the formula also, they changed the packaging so there's less mL I think, I don't remember because I haven't bought this in a year

on 8/27/2017 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this toner in place of a moisturizer for my very oily skin. After double cleansing my skin its too parched and tight, but if I use a cream moisturizer it exacerbates my oiliness the next day. I just squirt a little in my hand and pat it on and my face feels nice and moist.

I also swipe it on with a cotton ball in the morning in place of washing with soap and it keeps my skin balanced.

Smells good and looks cute on my dresser.

I'm putting a yes for re-buying because it's great.

I got this because it was convenient. I had run out of my Asian toners/lotion and shipping would have taken too long. I really do not regret this purchase.

I put some on after double cleansing. I then proceeded to put a layer between each light/gel layer of my long Asian skincare routine.

My skin feels soft, supple, and well moisturized.

While it's a bit expensive for how little you get as I'm used to the big 500ml bottles for $10-15USD. This isn't that bad. As I've had smaller bottles than this run for $15+.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After reading several reviews online about this product ability to help with acne, I bought it online through amazon. The bottle was inexpensive but also very effective. Within 2 weeks, I
was able to see dramatic results on my current acne and acne scars. My acne was able to diminish its size quickly and my acne scars are fading much faster. I was very skeptical at first since the produce is so inexpensive but it was worth it. At first, i would apply the toner with a cotton swab and it did not make a huge difference. I have learned that using it with a cotton swab actually disrupt the skin barrier. Now, I would pour this on my hand and lightly tap it on. What really sold me about this product was that the ingredients are natural and alcohol free.

I can speak to the gentleness of this product, but not to its ability to fight acne. After months of use, I didn't notice a change in how often my acne popped up. It is, however, a good alternative to toners with alcohol. No stinging or burning, nice smell, and decent at getting makeup off if you're too lazy to cleanse (don't we all have those days?).