Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

4.1

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 11/9/2018 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Feels good on my hemorrhoids 😬 Has a soothing feeling

on 10/31/2018 10:52:00 PM

I fell for the hype and bought a sample size of this toner. Unfortunately, it made absolutely no difference in my skin. It did not improve acne or make my skin “glow.” I tried using this for several weeks, putting it in a different place in my routine and even using it twice a day at one point, but it never did anything for me. I feel like most of the glowing reviews for this product are probably coming from people who added this so-so product to a terrible or nonexistent skincare routine, and the only reason they are seeing improvement from this product is that they were not cleansing properly before and this product helps to get the last bits of dirt and makeup off your face. Unfortunately, that is not the purpose of a toner.

I will say that this stuff smells amazing, and is a nice mid-day refresher for oily skin.

There are many raving reviews for this toner but I don’t see why. It is pretty basic and leaves my skin quite parch. If anything, I need to slather on moisturizer right away. It is still sitting in my medicine cabinet and I am hoping to prob give this to someone with oilier skin.

on 10/24/2018 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Honestly i bought the original one. This gave me zits even on my eyelids. I used for three days. I regret it so much. It even gave me redness!
It kinda hurts when i applied it wo i shouldve known...
I got under the skin cysts and milia/closed comedones.
The citric acid is the enemy i believe.
Also aloe vera probably doesnt agree with me

Beware.
Patch test.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I must have extraordinarily sensitive skin, because my experience with Thayers is very different from the thousands of glowing reviews floating around on the internet. I was super excited to try out this supposed miracle worker, but wow did my skin hate it! Right after I applied it, my complexion flushed bright red, and my face felt like it was on fire. I could not wash it off fast enough. I also tried out the cucumber version, and the exact same thing happened. I wish I knew what ingredient caused this reaction.

on 8/16/2018 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had previously used Dickinsons Witch Hazel for over a year, and bought this just because my brand loyalty is terrible. Well that and the nice bottle and rose fragrance were a bit alluring. Toners seems to ebb and flow in popularity with skin care routines. I find them useful because cleansing doesn't always remove all your makeup. sometimes it's those traces of foundation that give you a lovely death rocker vibe, or those long wear foundations which are great until you need to wash them off. This some is a pretty standard size bottle which is a generous amount that will easily last months. It's a bit pricier than Dickinsons, but t's alcohol free so the additional cost can be justified. Honestly I did not think this would work as well since it does not contain alcohol, yes alcohol removes skin oil like nobodies business, maybe too much so and it can be irritating. This does effectively remove traces of makeup, and skin oils without over drying.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this so much. I've been following an adapted to suit my needs sort of Korean skin care routine. This is part of it. I have very well behaved skin that I consider combo but is probably oily as I'm 34 and have no facial lines whatsoever....all my same age (and similar pale skin toned) peers have lines so I'm thinking it's my skins oiliness (and maybe being biracial) that keeps them away. I don't really have major skin issues, aside from redness that seems natural to my coloring, not due to irritation but I can't be sure. So my goal is preventative anti aging and glowing skin. This definitely helps. It makes my pores appear smaller, helps with redness and smooth texture, and it's not painful or harsh to apply. It's refreshing and I look forward to using it. Plus it smells amazing, which is odd to me since I tend to dislike rose smells. Can I say this is a miracle product? No, because I didn't need a miracle....just a toner that didn't suck, hurt or make my skin worse. It's a lovely step in my routine and just a really really nice product. It's also reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using it for 3 years now and I feel like it kind of helps fade my acne scars. I'm in love with the scent tho! I put mine on a spray bottle and spritz it on my face every morning and night.

I wanted to like this product as I have used witch hazel in the past and not had any issue. I started slowly using only twice a week, by the third week I was having a reaction of cysts and pimples on my neck which is my clue as to a product not agreeing with me. After speaking to a girl at work with sensitive skin, I decided to use it on my chest and shoulders as she does. BIG MISTAKE; after two uses I broke out in a horrible rash that was made up of tiny dots all over my chest, upper back, up my neck and into the lower part of my face and down to my stomach! I had to go to the Dr and get cortisol cream to stop the spread that was like wild fire in just two days after stopping using it. I don't know what's in this product that I react to, but I've never had this happen in my life. I def recommend patch testing this product despite the rave reviews.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially liked this toner. It doesn't have a tacky residue and it's nice to use it to make sure that all the cleanser is properly removed.
Unfortunately, I have rosacea-prone sensitive skin and I can't use fragrant facial products without flared up redness and skin irritation.
I recommended it to a friend of mine who has a very dry skin. She hasn't found it drying at all, but unfortunately, in the long run, it caused redness and irritation for her face as well.
I know it's a cult product, but since we both had the same reaction I start noticing that YouTube beauty bloggers who swear by this toner also have pronounced facial redness.

I don't think this is a good product.