Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner - Rose Petal

Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner - Rose Petal
Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner - Rose PetalWitch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner - Rose PetalWitch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner - Rose PetalWitch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner - Rose Petal

4.1

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This toner basically gets the job done. Removes impurities. Tightens the skin. But I feel it is on the dry side. Doesn’t moisturise or does anything else. Wish it came in a smaller bottle too - easier for travel. It has a great smell - very light rosy natural scent

THIS IS THE WORST!! I can say that I really had good skin for almost two years. It took so much hard work (and a lot of resources) to actually get nice skin and I guess it was ruined by this toner. I really wanted to give this a shot since I read so many good reviews about it. Sadly, THIS didn’t work for me. I was using this toner for more than three weeks now. I tried a lot of skincare products to know how purging looks like and this was not how it’s supposed to look like. I dont even know what the bumps on my face are called. The bumps are the same color as my skin but they’re a bit reddish (not pimples because it wouldnt subside when i use an anti-acne treatment)

The packaging is terrible as well! I dont get why no one is talking about it. The cap is susceptible to spilling. I was surprised how quickly it spilled when I placed it inside my luggage. The entire label was wet and I couldnt identify where the spill was coming from. The red cap isnt made of good material as well because the nozzle (idk what it’s called exactly) broke while i was closing the bottle and i was left with a hole with no stopper!! Terrible!! Now i cant even put it inside my bag without spilling!!!

Overall, I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED. I wanted this to work for me because a lot of people consider this as their holy grail. Sadly, all I got left are a bottle 5/6 filled and bad skin! Terrible. Wont recommend to anyone especially to acne prone skin.

I also would advise to think twice about adding witch hazel to your skincare routine. I think that particular ingredient caused the reaction.

At first, i really love this product. And i used to adore it because it worked wonder on my skin. I have acne prone skin and my skin concern is sensitive skin. When i started using Thayers ( 2017) , everytime when i applying it on my skin (after cleansed ) I admit that it feels burning and my skins turns out red. But it doesnt break out my skin, it helps my skin get rid of acnes and blemishes. The scars also has faded away and my skin looks very flawless ! But then after a week, i felt that my skin feeling super tight ! Like super super tight and i dont have any idea is it because of Thayers or my other skincare product that im using back then. I cant even smile properly ! LOL it felt so tight when im trying to smile plus it was hard for me to talk because of the tightness. Then i stopped this product as i wasnt feel comfortable because of the tightness and continue with my other skincare. I was using Mary Kay when im using Thayers. After a week i stopped Thayers, and continued with Mary Kay, my skin feels very dry and peeling off the mouth and becoming reddish in the foreheads and cheeks. I stopped Mary Kay too and not using any kind of products for 2 weeks. And now, my skin condition is getting better and healthier as i have my own skincare routine. Im using Hadalabo as my cleanser and hydrating toner. For my serums and essences, im using The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid serum and Alpha Arbutin, not to forget Niacinamide. And my chemical exfoliants also from The Ordinary which is Glycolic Acid Toning Solution ( AHA ) & Salycilic Acid ( BHA ). And my important routine is to wear moisturizers and sunscreen. I already have a strong skincare routine, wondering is it okay if i starts to wear Thayers once again ? Reading it's ingredients i found it really suits my skin but because of previous history, im afraid if i lost my healthy skin again. Am i suppose to give it another chance ? Lol

on 12/22/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this so much because it is very basic. It is perfect to get every last bit of impurities that may be left over after double cleansing, cleansing and/or masking. I love the smell and the fact that my skin does not feel drawn after. You know, tight and dry. I will continue to repurchase, I get it at Target. No frills toning is necessary for my morning skin routine because I like less emollients for preparation of makeup application. This gets the job done.

For quite a long time, I thought this product was helping my skin. When I would run out, I would immediately go out and buy another. Recently, I ran out and had another product on-hand to try - this is when I realized how much this was NOT helping and was actually doing damage! The tightness and dryness I would feel and see after using this product is no longer an issue. I would not recommend this product.

on 12/21/2018 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pretty sure my skin just doesn't like witch hazel.

on 12/17/2018 3:08:00 PM

I wanted to give a try to this toner because all the good reviews and how easily i could get it and how affordable it was.
Sadly it broke me out and my skin is not acne-prone, AT ALL.
The only good thing i got from this is that now i know that my face is also sensitive, the bad part is that i now have scarring on my cheeks and i have never had some like this before.

on 12/12/2018 10:12:00 PM

I have a sensitive and acne prone skin that makes me very selective when it comes to trying skin care products. Usually when I try products that have good reviews here, they’re truly proven to be good. But this toner is not one of them I don’t know why. My face started to get red right after I applied this. I didn’t wash it off and kept it for a day. And later at night when I cleansed my face, I realized my face got rash. And I don’t really like the smell too. Not sure what to do with the remaining product now.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not sure where this went wrong for my skin considering I use Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin spray with no issues and thinking this toner would be somewhat similar to Heritage's Rosewater spray, I bought this to use after my oil cleanser or to use on my skin in the morning prior to my Vitamin C serum. Big mistake. At first this stuff stung my skin and made my face turn bright red and my skin felt hot then I started breaking out pretty bad, my skin started to dry out and my skin's texture started to look rough, not dry patches just rough in texture and then the breakouts happened.
Now, I can use plain Witch Hazel with no issues, my skin actually loves Witch Hazel. But this stuff from Thayer's is not boding well with my skin. I normally just use the alcohol free Witch Hazel toner from Walgreen's house brand with no issues at all but I can't find that in stores anymore. I have no issues with aloe nor any issues with rosewater so it's hard to pinpoint what's in this that has caused such a bad experience from this.
I just did a TCA peel over a week ago, my skin has been clear of peeling skin for quite awhile, so I tried reintroducing this Thayer's toner back into my routine after my skin was done peeling. My skin looked amazing after I was done peeling. No breakouts, even skin tone, nothing to complain about. And then I stupidly used this stuff and now my skin looks awful.
My pores look huge and I don't even have enlarged pores. I'm breaking out in places I never breakout such as my nose and forehead. It's as if all the hard work the TCA did and all the actives I use like Tretinoin has been reversed 10 fold. My skin looks so much worse now than it did before my TCA peel and my skin looked fine before the TCA peel.
I feel annoyed with myself because I have continuously given this stuff a try, hoping it will work for me over and over but it just doesn't.
I have no idea what to do with this awful stuff cause I hate the idea of wasting something that someone else could use. I can't donate it to Project Beauty Share since it's already been opened. I don't know anyone who is into skincare. So I guess the drain can have the toner part and my recycling bin can have the bottle. I can't use this on my chest or any other parts of my body since I am prone to body acne.
Edit 12/13/18: Still breaking out on my neck thanks to this crap. So pissed right now looking at my skin, all the hard work I did to clear it and get it to where it was before this toner, all gone thanks to this!
It's been over 12 days since I discontinued using this toner, I believe 2 weeks IIRC, yet I'm still suffering from the ramifications of using this awful toner, luckily the enlarged pores I had from this are all but gone (I'm not prone to enlarged pores).
I see the user furtowncentre on the second page of the reviews for this toner had the same reaction I did: breaking out on her neck. I see no end in sight to my breakout on my neck. It took so long to clear my neck acne only to have this crap erase all the hard work I did to clear it. My guess is it will take several months now to clear my neck and much longer to eradicate the red pigmentation scarring this crap caused. Thanks Thayers for erasing the all the time and hard work it took to clear my neck acne, you helped to bring it back in a matter of days.
I highly recommend anyone who is acne prone reading the reviews for this toner to stay far far away from this toner.
I will be back to update this review.

on 11/20/2018 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore this product. Prior to this I used an alcohol-based toner recommended by my derma. But I found that too harsh on my skin - it left my face feeling really taut after application, to the point where I can feel my skin straining when I move my face. With Thayers, since it’s alcohol-free, there was no tightness. Initially I thought it didn’t clean as deeply as my alcohol-based one because it felt too gentle, but I looked down at my cotton ball and saw the dirt.

This also helped tone down the oiliness of my t-zone. I’ve been using this for a week now, every morning and evening, and I realized I’m not as shiny as before.

I use the rose-scented one and it’s far from the clinical odor I was used to previously. Which is very good.

I also love the packaging. It has this clean, classic look with crisp typography, and the paper label just adds to the simple elegance of the bottle.