77%
package quality

price range

Reviews

4 days ago

Ceraphil never worked for my super oily, sensitive, break out and redness prone skin so I thought Cerave would be the same way. I had heard great things about this for sensitive, oily skin so I decided to give this a try and boy was I suprised. This moisturizer is amazing for soothing irritated skin and making my face so soft but not oily in the slightest. Great find.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 months ago

Just started using this cream, and my first impression is I think it is going to be great for me. Very moisturizing for my dry, sensitive skin, and not irritating whatsoever. It felt like the cream was enveloping my skin in a moisture bomb - very soothing. I can't wait to keep using this and see how it is longer term. It does have silicone in it, in case that's a problem for anyone. And parabens. Not great, but if it works I will make an exception to my normal rule against these ingredients. (I am using this on my face, whereas it looks like it is marketed as a body lotion.) It's quite light, so it feels like it works for the face.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

7 months ago

Despite being very moisturising, this is a lightweight, non-greasy, and quick drying lotion. It's quite affordable and fragrance free. I mix some tea tree oil into the bottle. The packaging is practical and I like how it doesn't come in a tub. I find it odd how it's marketed towards normal/dry skin in the US, but dry/very dry in the UK despite having the mostly the same ingredients (except preservatives). I think it would work for all kinds of skin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

1.0

7 months ago

I bought this when my skin was having barrier issues, I hoped it would be a gentle way to restore some moisture to my skin- however it actually made me breakout in red hives and itchy irritated whiteheads. I didn't even use it up as a body lotion because it barely moisturised at all.

About reviewer (291 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

9 months ago

I just used 1L as body lotion. My favourite aspect is that it gets absorbed instantly and is moisturizing enough for my normal skin. There is no fragrance but that doesn't mean it's odorless. I get a slight chemical odor so I mix it with other body lotions or butters that might be too thick or strongly fragranced and balance the texture and/or the scent. Quite inexpensive as well and the bottle with the pump might not be the most esthetically pleasing but it's practical. Will repurchase.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

9 months ago

(This review is for the lotion. I saw so many reviews for the cream or mentioning the spf of 30, which this does not have!) 13 years ago, I was pregnant & suddenly developed a facial rash. My dermatologist gave me samples of cerave & cetaphil. Hate their cleansers (have tried over the years & they just do not work for me!) Ended up using cetaphil gentle cleansing bar, & this lotion. My skin cleared up immediately. I have dry skin, with hormonal acne. This leaves my skin so soft. I switched to the pm version, thinking it was better bc it has niamicide. I have been using it for years. I have to use 2 layers of it, then it seems my skin gets dryer throughout the day. I got some of this for my body & put it on a few days ago on my face. I am switching back. It does such a better job than the face moisturizer. The cream breaks me out, but I use on my body. I will still use the am for when I go outside. But I just love this lotion for my face!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

10 months ago

I bought this with the intention of using it on both my face and body. It's great on my body and has completely gotten rid of the keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, plus doesn't cause any irritation. However, my face has almost an allergic reaction to it. It becomes very itchy and stays that way over 12 hours after washing the moisturiser off. I even develop hives. The only other time I've experienced that itching sensation is when using benzoyl peroxide. I will probably repurchase since the skin on my body benefits from it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

This is for the UK lotion bottle - for dry to very dry skin. This has been an absolute game changer for me. I have oily, very sensitive skin, which by the end of the day is red and feels itchy. I've struggled to keep any make up on at all, everything just slid off into a puddle, and I spent a fortune on things to try over the past year, different primers, foundations, everything. I'd always be a greasy mess by 2pm. I started watching a couple of youtube videos, and realised that I'd damaged my skin barrier - the tell-tale signs were the dry itchy skin, the redness, a tight feeling, and suddenly completely rethought what I was doing to my skin. I'd purchased the Cerave moisturising lotion when it came out in the UK, and had used it a bit on my body but didn't think anything of it. After reading how important it was to use ceramides, I spotted this lotion in my cabinet and realised now was the time to try it, and to try it on my face. It's completely changed my skin - my skin is now no longer red by the end of the day, it feels comfortable all day, even when i'm in an air conditioned room, my make up sits beautifully on top of it, and every day when I've woken up it's looked a tiny bit better, with less redness. I've tried the UK face moisturiser Cerave product too, but that didn't have the same amazing results as this. It seems to be priming and protecting my skin better than anything I've used in a long time. I know the formula of the product is different than the American version, so I thought it would be worth posting them below: UK: Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Phosphate, Disodium Edtae, Dipostassium Phosphate, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hylauronate, Tocopherol, Ceramide EOP. USA: Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

A very good, affordable, basic moisturizer. I have been slow to warm up to CeraVe, but after falling in love with their foaming cleanser and eye cream, I purchased this little gem. It's not glamorous or sexy but it does what it is supposed to do and it does it well. It's gentle and softening. The generous size and reasonable price make it possible to use all over if desired. Contains hyaluronic acid and the holy trinity of ceramide skincare: ceramides, phytosphingosine, and cholesterol. Works well for layering over actives and under oils at night. Dare I say, my skin actually looked a little plumper in the morning?! Worth a shot if you're on the fence. Worst case scenario is you'll have a really nice fragrance-free body lotion.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This amazing product is full of the good stuff -- ceramides, niacinamides, glycerine, etc etc -- and this huge bottle is *so* affordable. No nasty stuff -- no ethylhexyl palmitate, no ethylhexyl glycerine, etc! Praise GOD. HG product. MYTH BUSTER: Silicones are NOT bad for skin *unless* you have some special allergy or something. "Claims that silicones in any form cause or worsen skin concerns have not been substantiated in any published research, nor have reports that silicones are sensitizing to or somehow “suffocate” skin." Source: https://www.paulaschoice.com/ingredient-dictionary/silicones/silicone.html

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral