Stila Perfecting Concealer

Stila Perfecting Concealer

3.6

HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE [] TALC [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] SQUALANE [] DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE/HEXASTEARATE/HEXAROSINATE [] HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ ISOPRENE COPOLYMER [] NYLON-12 [] ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE [] STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE [] BORON NITRIDE [] TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] PROPYLENE CARBONATE [] BHT [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [ /-(MAY CONTAIN) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I bought 2 different shades which I am now forcing myself to use because they are $33AUD each.

*Packaging*
Squeeze tube. I just felt for the price the packaging could do a lot of work. The most underwhelming Stila packing for me.

*Consistency*
Very thick! Creamy but heavy! This is one of those concealer that the more you blend, the tacky it gets. If your beauty blender is somewhat a little dry, this will keeps lifting while blending. It will get patchy so makes sure that your beauty blender is damp. I usually respray my blender with Fix plus before hand even if the rest of my beauty blender is damp. It feels oily but for some darn reason, this is so drying on my under eye. Not the best with concealer brush in my experience.

*Shade Range*
Plenty of shades to choose from. I bought 2 shades. 1 for spot concealing (E) and 1 for highlighting (C). I do regret buying two tubes now.

*Coverage*
Medium to full. It's not the best to work with in terms of building it to full as mentioned earlier it goes patchy or it goes cakey. It is good coverage but man the way it blends needs so much fiddling to find what gets the best result.

*Finish*
It settles into my fine lines most of the time. It is drying. For something feels like it has oil and it is creamy, it is drying. It creases so quickly so make sure your setting powder is right next to you ready to set the undereye and smile lines.

*Price Point*
I'm sorry Stila, but this is expensive for what it is for me.

*Final Thoughts*
Disappointed. Was expecting my HG but all I got is a concealer that left me very underwhelmed. It can work I guess, but I don't want to be doing so much effort for a pricey product. I just want it to do wonders. This unfortunate is my least favourite Stila product.

on 3/26/2017 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this concealer! It's definitely the best concealer I've ever owned! It's full coverage and blends very nicely. Stays on all day (although the tube is the perfect size to throw in your purse for minor touch ups later in the day/night) and doesn't get dry or crusty over blemishes.

Let me start be saying I have fair skin with lots of redness. I typically use foundation to cover my redness and only use concealer under my eyes. I tried this under my eyes and it was too thick and settled in all my little lines. I also tried this around my nose and lips where I have redness and I wasn't crazy about that either :( It never really stuck to my skin. After I applied it I could easily wipe it right off....will not repurchase

I didnt love this product, i thought it was quite oily! i always have to apply compact powder on it so soak the oil. Im waiting for mine to finish so I can shift to MAC loungewear which I made a silly mistake of not trying while I was purchasing concealers.

on 11/15/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Its okaayyy....
I've used it up, and repurchased because I got it on sale and because the color is fantastic. I've always liked stila because they have nice colors for darker skin tones. Actually stila foundation was one of the first foundations I ever used consistently. But I digress, back to the concealer.

It has a thick stickyish consistency. A bit odd to work with at first but you'll get used to it. The problem with this concealer is that it doesn't set and it creases instantly, like no tomorrow. I never wear this alone. I only use this under my eyes. I always combine it with other concealers and then set it.

As previously mentioned, the real saving grace for this concealer for me is the color range. They colors are perfect, and very pigmented. Great if you have yellow undertones like myself. I also like the packaging because its a squeeze tube with a very fine nozzle so not too much comes out. ( a little goes a very very very long way!). I also find that it works well with other products.

If you can find it on sale I'd say maybe give it a try, but know you have to work with it and you can't really wear it alone. Like I said, I have repurchased but that's really only because I love the color and its a pretty decent concealer for me, so I use it consistently. I wouldn't pay full price for it though. All in all I'm pleased for now, and will continue using it until I find something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This concealer works well to cover flaws that the sheer Perfect & Correct foundations allow to peek through.

While it does crease at first, let it set and then reblend. It works well on under eye blue circles and mine are dark dark dark. Most concealers are too sheer for me but this one covers and lasts.

I use this concealer solely to cover up acne scarring & the occasional zit/pimple that show up overnight. I don't conceal my under-eye area because Ive never had a problem with dark circles or vein-y under-eyes thank God. That's one skin blessing I've got going for me I suppose. It'd just be totally unfair if I had that in addition to scarring, acne, redness, uneven skin tone, Etc. Anywho!! This Stila Perfecting Concealer: it's very very thick and "creamy" in consistency, the shade I had was pretty yellow but matched alright I suppose. I sat at Ulta trying on different shades and the one that was closest still wasn't that close. It's almost putty-like girls, I'll say that. It blends like a big crazy mess...its like a dry erase marker in that respect...catch my drift? If you blend back over a spot that already has been concealed, it rubs off. And yes, it is quite shiny, but setting powder will quell that problem. The dry erase aspect, however, cannot be fixed... There's no way to wear this properly I feel. And although it's thick and putty like it doesn't cover up very well. I just feel like this is a waste of $ and ones time. Ugh. :(

I am so blown away by how much I really love this concealer. It hit me out of no where.
I bought this in the Shade B and its the concealer that matches me the best out of all the concealers I have tried in my life so far. =)

First a little bit about why I decided to buy this just so if you are having similar issues, maybe this will help.
My favorite 2 drugstore concealers, 1 got reformulated and now its crap. The second got discontinued. So I went back into the higher range of concealers to find something for both under eyes and blemishes. MAC breaks me out. (A lot of things do) I landed on either this one or Too Faced. Same "type" of concealer, same amount of product, similar reviews, but Stila happened to be having a sale.

My under eye area has some fine lines and one eye already has a pretty deep wrinkle.
I have oily skin, but my under eyes are pretty finicky. They are dry but if something is too hydrating it will move and crack and separate. Nothing really has ever stayed well for me. But anything to dry and it looks like a cakey, dry mess.

This concealer has a true satin finish. Very brightening without being pearly or shimmery. But not too radiant that I cant use it on acne, scarring or any other imperfection.

On the under eye area, this WORKS! its hydrating but it sets. Not too dry, but not to creamy that it slips everywhere. I have had NO problems with creasing. It blends very easily and a very tiny amount goes a long way. (Best blended with finger tips.) It does set pretty fast so I would do one eye at a time. Covers my dark circles well and again has a nice brightening effect but nothing that us oily skin people would / should be scared of.
It also has not broken me out.

Even though this costs a bit more, because I can use it multiple ways and you need so little, I think the cost is justified.

Highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I like the colour and the texture but after a while it does crease. It also does make my under eyes look dry. It shows the texture that I have under my eyes. There are many other concealers out there that do a better job... (any of my other 10 concealers are better... I have way too many, I know, but I use them depending on how bad my face looks on that day xD)

I am wearing it right now, as I type this. I smoothed out the creasy-ness. It seems to be okay now. Still looks kinda dry :/

Coverage: Medium - Full