FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.7

on 1/31/2012 12:22:00 AM

I can't say enough great things about FingerPaints nail polish!!! It is without a doubt the greatest polish I have ever used (and believe me I've tried everything from OPI to China Glaze to Essie). I only wear dark colored nail polish, so chipping is a huge issue for me because I used to constantly have to redo my nails! Not anymore! I use a base coat (Rock-Hard), one coat of polish, and a top coat (Rock-top coat). I went over two weeks without chipping even the slightest bit! I could have gone longer, but I really wanted to try another color. The only complaint I do have is that the formula for Black Expressionism was pretty thick the first time I used it. I squeezed in a little polish thinner, and problem solved! Also, the price is awesome when compared to OPI. I really can't tell you how nice it is to have to change polishes either for a color change or because of growth! The only time I've been able to do that is with gel polish. I haven't really had a chance to look at all of the colors, but I know there are quite a few (with super cute names if you're in to that sort of thing). Overall, I really recommend trying this polish out. I'm not sure how it is without a base/top coast, but with those, this stuff is the bomb!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Fingerpaints offers good quality and selection for the price, but the fact that they're only sold at one retailer in North America kinda makes it a pain in the butt. Regardless, they make a lot of really neat core and limited edition polishes that are long-lasting.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like these polishes. I get as excited about them as I get about OPI, Essie, Chine Glaze, Color Club, ect because they are most definitely on par with salon brands in terms of color selection, wear, formula. I own a handful, like 20 maybe and so far my favorites are Natural Talent (better than OPI Bubble Bath imo), Psychedelic Pop (neon pink) and Hue Left A Message? (amazing rosy mauve glitter)...These always remove really well too which is important to me since I change polishes every few days. Great price too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a few Finger Paints polishes, and I absolutely love all of them. The application is great - it goes on very smoothly and allows you to move around where you need it without being streaky. Most colors are opaque in just one coat; some of the paler colors need two. With my normal base and top coats, these polishes usually last 4 days without chipping. I look forward to purchasing more!

O. MY. GOD. - how is it possible that after YEARS of trying a wide variety of nail polishes only to discover that after only using OPI for the past 4 years, I have found not 1 but 2 replacement lines in the space of 1 month???

Revlon, L'Oreal, Essie, Sinful Colors, and too many other lines to recount here = NONE could EVER rival OPI's durability. If my mani doesn't last 5 days (and I wear gloves for any cleaning or washing of disches) = product is a fail for me.

I had given up on using anything by OPI. On impulse, I purchased Sally Hansen Total Manicure in a Bottle and this product in Shades of Dark w/in a month of each other (see my seperate review on the SH).

This stuff ROCKS!!! My mani lasted 4 days (w/ base and topcoat) and then there was only some minor tip wear = touched up tips = another 3 days of looking awesome!

Super cheap at Sallys (under $5) + - looks shiny enuf when dry that when I put my poshe topcoat on my left hand, let dry and compared to my non-top coated right hand = virtually impossible to tell which had topcoat and which didn't - it is that shiny when dry = AWESOME!

I do prefer a wider application brush (again, due to my OPI usage) but I can get used to this skinnier brush I believe.

Between this and Sally Hansen's Total Manicure in a Bottle - bye bye overpriced OPI! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two red colors, Primary Color and Scarlet, After I got both home they seemed to look different on my hands, but I still like them. They seem to wear a long time. Right now my fingers have lasted about 6 days, and are only now starting to chip. I wish They looked the same on as they did in the store, but overall I think they're very well made :) I happened to get one on sale last week for 3.50, they were discontinuing colors or whatever at Sally's.

on 10/22/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow - where do I start. I bought the Tangerine Tint FingerPaints Polish. This polish was easy to apply, very nice brush.
It lasted on my nails for 9 days without wear or chips.
I'm definately going to buy more.
The only place to buy this polish in my area is about 4 hours away, but I'd make the trip - it's that great!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This line has produced some of my favorite polishes of all time. I absolutely love the concept, too. Finger Paints? Hello, that is super-cute! And the names are precious as well. They're all art-related and very creative. Being an artist, myself, I can definitely appreciate the polishes. I own "Putty in My Hands" (a very pretty, deep nude with golden undertones), "Sheerly Artistic" (a creamy nude pink), "Get Realism" (a semi-sheer shimmery lavender), & the clear coat. I'll go ahead & say that the Finger Paints clear coat is the only one I'll use. It has wonderful staying power and it has just the right consistency. It's not too thick or thing, it's perfect. Makes my nails simply gleam, too.

I definitely go for these when I need a new polish. Sally's was holding a buy-two get-one-free sale the last time I stocked up...they're great for the price. Less than $4 with their Beauty Club Card.

on 10/8/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love finger paints! They are great polishes. I have just discovered my new favorite - natural talent. It is the perfect pink sheer to wear everyday! Try these you won't be disappointed.

I love these too! I have several colors in these. I have Mural Mural on the Wall and Auction Auburn which are reddish brown shades with a hint of coral. Coral Complement is a gorgeous coral color perfect for summer.

I hate that I can only get these at Sallys. If not they would be my HG brand of polish. I'm in Europe so I can't get them here. continued >>

Popular Polishes