Estée Lauder Beautiful Eau de Parfum

Estée Lauder Beautiful Eau de Parfum
Beautiful Eau de ParfumBeautiful Eau de Parfum

3.4

on 11/29/2018 9:33:00 PM

This is such a pretty, romantic and feminine scent. On me, it smells like a bouquet of fresh flowers of rose, Jasmine, tuberose and lilies. It is not a sharp floral like so many other florals out there, but it dries down to a soft, smooth, almost creamy floral scent that smells yummy. It really smells like a pretty woman in love.the scent is so we'll constructed that there is no loud notes, as the whole bouquet softly envelops you. Like all fragrances, it works with your skin chemistry and if you have a stronger, more acidic natural scent, it might smell different, making the fragrances turn more acidic or even sour. I own so many perfumes, and still, is one of those fragrances I have to have on my dressing table .It is a classic for a reason.

on 11/27/2018 12:57:00 AM

I pity the women who get this perfume for Christmas in a gift box. They will be horrified to smell almost nothing. Yes. Almost nothing . There should be a sign on the Estée Lauder counters that warns the customers to sample the latest formula before making a purchase . However, it will instead be a game of switch and bait . The customer expects to have a bottle of Beautiful , or something close, then discovers faintly scented W.A.T.E.R.

I will never purchase an Estée Lauder product . Estee is gone and so is the integrity of her name.

on 12/15/2017 12:53:00 PM

Ahhh, Beautiful. It's a "mom smell" for sure-- mature, womanly, comforting, complex-- but that doesn't mean it's without sex appeal! There's a reason this continues to sell briskly. It's distinctive as hell, and very pretty. Beautiful is one of those rare fragrances where I prefer the modern reformulation-- for the simple reason that the Beautiful of the '80s was sooooo strong even one spray was too much... it also had a "sour"/nail-polish-y tinge common to vintage chypres. I can apply 3-4 sprays of current formulation and it settles nicely into a detectable, but not overwhelming cloud of loveliness. The mossy sandalwood base is still there, but the rich deep florals emerge more clearly. This is a comfortable fragrance for daily wear, but special enough for date night. It screams "classic."

I honestly can't pick apart the notes in this one, even though my nose is well-trained. It has been referred to as a rosy marigold/ylang-ylang scent, but the florals are so blended that all I pick up is the "Beautiful accord." I would say if you like gourmand celebu-scents or body sprays, you'll hate this one and yell "Old Lady!!" However, if you enjoy experiencing the layers of an old-skool, rich floral chypre (that is still impeccably clean), snap this up pronto. Fragrances with the same "feel" as Beautiful include: Giorgio Beverly Hills, Jontue, Red Door, YSL Paris, Pavlova by Payot, Clinique Aromatics (very different top/mid notes, but similar woodsy base), Ysatis, Amarige.

on 4/30/2017 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just got a new version of Beautiful. I must say it is not the same formula as I had before. It still smells good but to me it is not as good, nor does it last as long. I gave it 5 lippies anyway because it does still smell awesome for a floral and it is E.L. I will edit my review if my like lessens but for now, I am enjoying it with the Spring Season. I would buy again and I have ;-).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This has been my signature scent for 20 years .....but alas it's suddenly making me gag....I think one just gets burnt out on a fragrance over decades time.....it's still a beautiful fragrance I'm just sick of it.

on 11/4/2016 12:21:00 PM

What a wonderful fragrance Estee Lauder Beautiful still is! A masterpiece of florals, adequate to use any time, any place, whether at work or on any social occasion. Of course fragrance regulations and unavoidable reformulations have somehow changed its smell from what it used to be in the ‘90s, but it is still unmistakeably Beautiful and it is still gorgeous!

on 2/29/2016 5:28:00 AM

Our noses and tastes must change over time. I smelled this on a couple other people way back in the 80's and thought it was possibly my HG. The fact that I couldn't afford it added to the allure. Fast forward a few years and I was able to buy a bottle. What a wasted of my hard earned money! I generally like stronger perfumes but I don't think its possible to use little enough of this. Way too intense floral, flowers on steroids. Interesting how there are only a couple hundred reviews here, which tells me this did not stand the test of time, unlike some other scents from the 80's.

on 12/15/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To sweet sweet sweet. Not beautiful at all. Strong stays with you all day 80s kind of stink.

on 11/14/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this bottle without smelling it because I'd heard that it's great for year round. I am not a fan of this fragrance. It reminds me of a spring garden that's been sprayed with bug spray. I'm passing this along to my mother and I hope it works better with her chemistry. Will not repurchase.

on 4/30/2015 6:31:00 PM

I've had my supply of Beautiful for a few years now. Initially I wouldn't touch it because there was a not that came off as "old lady" to me. My nose has since been extensively educates, & I can actually pick out individual fragrance notes much more easily with actually knowing what they are. The note that I don't care for is the amber. Matter of factly, I don't really care for commercial amber notes in general. I prefer amber notes in fragrances made by niche perfume houses such as Love Potion Perfume. Even though the formula for Beautiful comes off a bit dated, it's still lovely when the amber calms down. The scent has excellent sillage & you do get a good value for your money. 1 spray of of this is plenty & the bottle I won is 3.4 oz, which is why I said I wouldn't buy this again, I already have a lifetime supply!