Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
Light Blue

3.6

on 11/4/2017 4:18:00 PM

I liked this fragrance since it was very light, but it is too sweet.

I just find it smells quite cheap and doesn't last very well.

on 9/25/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The tried the roller ball version at sephora and i loved it. I decided to buy a set of light blue at Macy's. There are a lotion, 100ml light blue perfume and a mini roller ball. The scent from the 100ml bottle just stays for 1 hour max many times I've experimented it while the roller ball one stays all day long and I dont know whats wrong with the bottle version like its not a pure scent or mixed with too much water in my opinion. The price was $103 for one set. Just very disappointed and feel wasted of money. Not gonna buy it again.

on 8/27/2016 9:24:00 AM

My d& g light blue's spray bottle is broken, i cannot spray it anymore. Im planning to transfer the perfume to another bottle, how can i do that without breaking the bottle?

This scent is a classic for a reason. It's very light and fresh.
I think it would smell good on anybody and is a foolproof bright fragrance

There are many fresh scents, but this one is done right. all of the notes work so well together and it doesn't turn bad.
You can wear this and not reek of perfume - just smell simply good.

I suggest spraying it on you, then smelling it a little bit later. It smells just alright when I spray it on a tester paper - kind of like just basic fresh perfume with maybe sparkling citrus and light pure perfume scent. When I spray it on me it smells irresistible but not overpowering and not heavy.

I would have given it a perfect score except: it's everywhere and many people wear it - the scent in itself is unique but definitely not a hidden gem, price, it fades before the day is over, and although i can see it as a signature scent it isn't quite deep enough for evening

on 5/12/2016 12:32:00 PM

I love this scent. It's light, fresh, energetic and sophisticated.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really do like this fragrance- on other people. It just does not blend well with my body chemistry. This is a very light but tart lemon and apple with back notes of cedarwood, amber and musk. On me, it smells wonderful for the first 15 minutes and then drys down to me smelling like a bottle of woodsy Pinesol cleaner. The cedarwood starts to takeover and the lemon fades into the background.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

There's a reason this fragrance has been so very popular. It's because it smells good, is exceptionally easy to wear, and is highly versatile: appropriate for day or night, for work or play, for going out to dinner or for just slobbing around the house. Part of the reason for that versatility, I suspect, is the pure simplicity of its concept: it basically comes down to two equally high-pitched and nasal facets--the sharp musky cedar below and the tart lemon/apple above--oscillating against each other to eternity. The result is a kind of olfactory moire effect, shimmery and (to my nose, anyway) quite pleasant.

I suspect that Light Blue may also carry an additional appeal to Americans in particular, due to the strong hygienic associations of its three major notes, each of which, in their own way, can be said to represent cleanliness. Lemon, of course, is very strongly associated with cleaning products, while that tart green apple note is commonly used in the US to scent shower gels, shampoos, and astringent facial toners. The cedar, meanwhile, brings to mind cedar-lined linen closets or cedarwood chests, used to keep stored clothing clean and fresh and safe from moths. Put them all together, and you're definitely appealing to a desire for cleanliness, or "freshness." I tend to associate that desire with American tastes -- we do love the whole squeaky-clean aesthetic here!--but perhaps it is more universal than I realize.

My one criticism of this fragrance is that it can get a little screechy sometimes. I referred above to both the cedar and the tart fruit facets as "high-pitched and nasal," and while I realize that I'm engaging in an aural analogy there, it's the best way I can think of to describe exactly what I mean. They're both sour, sharp, astringent fragrance types, the sort that can really seem to get all the way up into your sinuses sometimes. Since I enjoy astringent smells, I'm not bothered at all by that aspect of Light Blue, but I can certainly see how it might get in the way of others' enjoyment. That synthetic cedar in the base (is that the Iso-E-Super people so often talk about?) is also extremely long-lasting and tenacious in a stickily pervasive musk-like way --- should you take a dislike to it, you *will* be smelling it for days, not only wherever you sprayed it, but also on anything and everything that got too close to the original spray. You have been warned.

Sadly, while I enjoy Light Blue on other people, it doesn't behave very well on me. When I wear it myself, the lemon and apple notes disappear very quickly, while the cedar becomes *ludicrously* accentuated; the end result is that I wind up walking around for hours smelling very much like a hamster cage. A *clean* hamster cage, mind you, but still very much a hamster cage. So it's not one that I keep around, but I always enjoy smelling it on others. Fortunate indeed for me!, because this fragrance is so very, very popular that once you know what it smells like, you will find yourself encountering it *everywhere.*

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ugh, I wanted to like this so much. Funny story, I bought a candle from bath and body works called "Lakeside Sunrise" and I'm obsessed with the scent of it and I wanted to see if there was a perfume that smelled similar. One Google search later and everyone said Light Blue was a dead ringer for lakeside sunrise. I went to ulta and tried it on but I found it was a little too citrusy for my liking :( for some reason it just seemed to linger a little too long on that note for me. The candle smells more floral or Apple to me, I'm not sure why. Anyway, I did buy a cheap knockoff of this perfume and I really like it, but I would never spend the money for the real thing. Darn!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this scent makes me feel refreshed and happy. The only bad thing is the price the name comes with. :/

Popular Fragrances