Caudalie Vinoperfect Complexion Correcting Radiance Serum

Caudalie Vinoperfect Complexion Correcting Radiance Serum

3.6

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin*, Squalane*, Tocopheryl Acetate*, Ceteareth-20*, Palmitoyl Grapevine Shoot Extract*, Glyceryl Stearate Se*, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Phytate*. * Plant Origin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as part of the Sephora birthday gift, and it wrecked my face. I used the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum and Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet exactly twice, both times in tandem with each other. Both times, these products caused my entire face to break out into tiny hive-like bumps that took two weeks to clear up. My face became red, rough and painfully itchy. It was horrible. Unfortunately, I didn't make the connection to these products after the first reaction. But I did start keeping closer track of new additions to my diet and skin care regimen. The next time I tried these products, they were the only new variable.

It's very disappointing because I wanted to like these products. Caudalie is a brand I'd always wanted to try, and the Sephora birthday gift seemed like the perfect opportunity. Now I'm wary of trying any other Caudalie products.

on 9/15/2017 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

One word - Squalane. And that = breakout freakin city for me. Hell naw. Plus the artificial fragrance...another no thank you for me. I gave it away. But if people are wondering why it gives horrific acne...it's the squalane.

on 8/14/2017 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had just returned from a month-long stay in the tropics with a little sun damage (despite assiduously using a great physical sunblock from Thinksport, the sun is HOT HOT HOT down there!), and hyperpigmented scars from insect bites. Any pimple or bite I get will at least turn into a dark spot, if not more, and usually takes months (like, over-wintering, covered in layers) to lighten up. So this became part of my 'recovery' regimen.

After two weeks of twice daily application to my face and spot-application to the marks from the bites, it was noticeable that they had really lightened up. Also, I experienced an unrelated breakout (due to an unwitting consumption of dairy milk, which always manages to break me out in painful acne), but I continued to use the serum and noticed that the dark spots which usually persist from those also seemed to heal and lighten *much* faster than usual.

The serum does need about ten minutes to sink in a bit; my face is left not quite filmy, but there *is* a sheen. However *all* serums have done that to me - I've been blessed with that fantastical combination of "super-oily dry skin," ahaha. After that I put on my physical sunblock, let that settle, blot for a moment, then I'm set. Or if it's at night, I find it's sufficient on its own as a moisturizer. The scent is very much as you'd imagine a grapevine to smell; I find it lingers slightly, to something like a wine-scent, for maybe an hour.

My complaint - Maybe I'm using too much? but it's only been a month and already I'll be running out. The texture from the bottle is liquid, but it tends to stick to the glass of the dropper and gum up around there and near the screw of the lid if you're not super careful; I feel this wastes product. Maybe a dropper isn't ideal for this?

As for the rest of my skin, I do sort of think I look better with it than without, though overall it's not been dramatic enough for me to identify how. At least it doesn't give my hyper-allergic and acneic skin any problems, and the spot reduction's been impressive, but I would like to notice other benefits. I'm willing to keep going with it, though.

I got a sample of this from Sephora and liked it well enough to buy a full sized bottle. It is a bit expensive but one dropperful is enough for my face and neck so it should last a while. I thought my skin looked brighter, clearer and I had friends tell me I was looking good. I agree with the reviewer who said the serum left a bit of a "sheen" but it looked okay. I was a bit surprised by the number of negative reviews but everyone's skin is different ... and it works for me.

on 6/11/2017 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers. this stuff is sticky. I got it as a free sample from sephora. hasn't done anything 'radiant' to my skin

on 4/28/2017 8:30:00 PM

Possibly one of the WORST skin products I've ever tried. It's sticky, it makes me break out like crazy (and I have normal/dry skin that's not particularly acne-prone), the packaging is just plain terrible (even though it looks lovely, the dropper is *very* impractical). Caudalie products in general haven't been kind to me, which is particularly infuriating considering how expensive they are, and I definitely recommend against buying this (and choosing it as your Sephora birthday gift).

on 3/10/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been through many of these on and off throughout the years as I could afford them. Leaves skin baby soft and ready for a good moisturizer. Lightened acne scars. All and all just a solid serum... it really helped undo the havoc pregnancy did to my skin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used the entire bottle. Saw & felt 0 zero results or change. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

NO NO NO.

I broke out so bad today and I couldn't figure it out, I looked at all my makeup and nope, nothing there, same foundation I'd always been using same moisturizer etc.
So naturally, I was left confused as to why I had a pretty bad breakout all over the bottom half of my face. Turns out, it was this. I realized it when I was putting on my Retin A micro, all upset cause of the chaos everywhere on my jawline and parts of my cheeks when my eyes happened to go across THIS.

I couldn't...I couldn't even breathe. I was so shocked. This, out of all things? This was so expensive, (well I didn't even pay for it it came in the Sephora birthday gift), and it was so cool cause of the glass bottle, it couldn't be bad for me right? I was so upset. Now I wish I got the Tarte thing instead even though I heard it doesn't show up well on tanned skin.

So yeah, long story short, I'm pissed, upset, and above all heartbroken because I should've just gotten the dang Tarte thing.

Oh, and btw, I've heard this doesn't really show any results anyway so yeah. There's that. (I'm just adding stuff cause I feel pretty bad about this product now. I had nearly cleared up all my acne and this just made my face explode.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product after having a bought of acne which left hyper pigmentation marks scattered around my face. I also use a Vit C product and a retinoid, but I thought this would be nice to try.
I have a few gripes. First off, the packaging. It's a clear glass bottle with a dropper. The clear glass is problematic as it doesn't shield the product from the sunlight, therefore allowing for oxidation. The dropper gets on my nerves as it's hard to control and can get a little cloggish.
The product itself isn't too bad, it feels lovely when applying it and leaves the skin looking radiant and with a certain glow. But unfortunately, I think it is only appearance. I have noticed nothing positive after 2 months use. I even stopped the other products for a while to see if this would do anything. Not much. For me, this is a lovely, smooth radiant primer. Nothing more. I'm sure it's also delivering some good ingredients, and it's probably better than other radiant primers, but that is all it does for me. I won't be repurchasing because it doesn't deliver what I need it to, and it's a little pricy on top of that.