Bare Escentuals Flawless Application Face Brush

2.5

on 3/19/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This brush is just horrendous!! Seriously, how can they sell something so awful at such a high price?? it is SO rough!! Surely it must do microdamage to one's complexion, sort of like a dermaroller!! It is THAT rough!!! I feel bad writing such a bad review but I have to be truthful for ppl who may be seriously considering buying this brush. . DON'T BUY THIS BRUSH!! Buy one from E.L.F. instead, it would be cheaper and softer! I can't think of anything to say other than it is overpriced,sheds like crazy, and is rough to your skin.

on 1/10/2016 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Awful brush. It doesn't do anything to pick up the color or powder or whatever, it doesn't distribute it evenly and except all that it sheds constantly. The open air market next to my house sells better brushes.

on 1/10/2016 1:00:00 AM

This is a horrible brush. It sheds tiny black fibers all over your face. One of the tiny fibers got in my eye and had to be removed by the doctor. VERY POOR quality.

on 12/4/2015 2:17:00 AM

This is the first brush I bought 3 years ago as part of Bare Escentuals starter kit. The brush is constantly shredding till today! I have to spare extra 5 minutes to pick up the brush hair thats left on my face. The brush is also very rough on the face and not pleasant to use at all. Time to hunt for new brushes.

on 3/15/2015 8:53:00 AM

I'm kicking myself for buying this brush. I always check Makeupalley for reviews but failed to do it this time. I never have owned such a scratchy brush that actually makes my skin itch and red after using it. And this was even before I had washed it! I apply the original foundation with this brush, but it doesn't provide enough coverage. I'm glad I purchased the brush on sale since at 27, it's ridiculously overpriced.

on 3/11/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Several years ago I got this brush as it came in the starter kit. It lasted me a good 2 maybe 3 years before I decided to toss it (for reasons you will hear about in a sec). Recently purchased another BE kit and got this brush again. First thing that you will notice is how soft the brush is. It feels great on the skin and helps you make sure you don't overpack a product on (like bronzer or powder). That brings a con into play: the brush gives the sheerest amount of coverage, so if you want fuller coverage, you'll have to build it up, which of course will take forever with this brush. Now comes the second con: after some washes you may notice the bristles aren't as soft as they once were (and I did wash it with the BE brush conditioning shampoo). Now you can guess why I threw out my first brush after 3 years (which to be honest I should have done sooner). Now that I've been using this one for some weeks I can see that this is a brush you will have to wash after practically every use, because if you don't, the left over product on the bristles will make them harsher, and that's what gets to be so irritating when applying your foundation the next time you do. Bottom line, if you take care of your brushes and like that minimal makeup look, this brush will work for you. If not, take a pass.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This brush is not the most pretty and it's scratchy against my delicate skin. I only purchased this because an mua told me that it's the best brush to apply warmth. There has to be a better brush out there for this purpose.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This brush isn't that great. It isn't firm at all..and is not good for what its for at all--foundation, face makeup, ect. I wash mine frequently.. to keep makeup and oil off the brushes but they seem to shed. I would love if BE came up with better brushes then some mass produced stuff from china or where ever. Still in search of a great foundation brush for this BE foundation..

on 9/14/2014 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I can't imagine using this for foundation as it doesn't provide much coverage. I use it for bm blush and warmth, where it works fine. It's scratchy and sometimes sheds. I like that it uses real goat hair.

on 8/20/2014 2:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This brush came with the starter kit. Like the other reviewers had mentioned, this brush sheds like CRAZY. The brush was only soft in the beginning and even after good maintenance and washes, they are now super rough and not pleasant to use. Definitely not worth purchasing the brush separately.

Popular Makeup Brushes