MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Favorite lipstick of all time, it is my go to everytime no matter what I am doing with my makeup, it looks good when I do something dramatic in my eyes or if I an just putting some mascara. Love Mac matte lipstick formula, it is hot drying. and it last a pretty long time on my lips because of the opacity of the color. My favorite forever and ever.

on 4/22/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately velvet teddy did not live up to the hype for me. I have a medium - tan completion and pigmented lips. Velvet teddy drew the life out of my face, it gave me an almost ashy look and even with heavy bb cream (I don't wear foundation) it still wasn't a great shade on me. If I'm comparing nudes, twig is the best light shade for me so far after trying nudes, mauves and light pink, nothing has beaten twig.

I really wanted to love this colour- it seems to look SO great on SO many others. I have light skin, with neutral/olive undertones (not sure exactly- but I do not have a strong pink undertone or porcelain). On me, I find this lipstick to be darker in tone than I expected from pictures on the internet , and it just looks brown. Because I found the formula drying, I don't think I could pull it off for more than a few hours (not a full work day for sure). I don't get the pretty mauve-y colour that seems to pull on so many others. have worn it out at night when trying to capture a 90's vibe and liked it enough in the dim lighting of a bar. I have found Kinda Sexy- which leans a lot more peach- to be more flattering while still giving the brown/nude vide.

on 3/8/2017 1:25:00 PM

This is my favourite lipstick ever. It smells so good and lasts all day on the lips. It is the perfect nude shade and it is wearable on an everyday basis. It applies so easily and matches any eye look. The price is quite high but for the product it is totally worth it. I would definitely repurchase and if you are looking for a matte lipstick I would definitely recommend it. It tastes amazing and feels smooth on the lips. 10/10.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

One of my all time favorite lipsticks. A nude lipstick that doesn't give me concealer mouth or wash me out. It's the perfect balance of brown and peach. It's a great color that looks good on just about everyone. It's not too dark but not too light either. It's a bestseller for good reason.

on 3/4/2017 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was the first MAC product I ever bought, now almost finished my second tube! Such a nice everyday colour and adjusts to different skin tones.

on 1/28/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've bought this twice trying to love it, a little to red under toned for my liking but still a beautiful color only problem is the formula it makes my lips SOOO dry and makes them peel which isn't even worth it for the color because peeling flaking dry lips with color on them is not attractive at all mac lipsticks are so drying :( disappointed

on 1/17/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

If you are a makeup lover you understand the amazing feeling that you get when you discover a shade that is perfect and looks exactly like you want it to look like. Velvet teddy was that exact shade for me and i find it wearable for everyday and even sultry night time looks with dramatic eyes. This pulls a nude pink colour on me and i find it very flattering. If you are a light to medium tan skin tone you need it also, if you are olive it will look amazing and become a staple in your collection. I can apply this without a mirror and find the longevity of it okay , but with a lip liner it lasts a very long time.

This is a stunning colour! A deep pinky brown, not your typical nude more of a "Kylie Jenner" or 90s lip. Definitely need to moisturize and exfoliate before applying but that is a given with most matte lipsticks.

Love that I can apply this in the morning and doesn't come off on my coffee cup.

Standard MAC packaging.
Very overrated for a nude lippy. Definitely had better ones sit against my complexion and I found it to be quite opaque. I like the soft application and it sits nice on the lip, just not very long lasting.
More of an orange-y shade than a nude.