MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 11/18/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very pretty color but drying. Doesn’t stay on very long and isn’t moisturizing. A very good neutral for tan/olive skin gals.

on 11/15/2017 8:05:00 AM

Stunning colour - not what i'm used to wearing but the formula won me over.
My lips are very light, and my complexion NC15, so it tends to pull more orange on me. Still, its a lovely neutral colour that goes well for everyday wear.

Pretty matte formula, long-wearing, comfortable, non-drying. What more can I ask for? Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I know this the kylie lip but idc it looks good on a lot of different skintones and i am.nc20 nw20 for reference. Its a natural color but still a bit darker than my lip. It makes you look like you have a nice pout and brings color to my face. Paired with whirl its a very nice color i cant describe it you have to try it out for yourself. It does look more alive with a lipliner

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i feel like everyone love this shade
i like this too, but not love it

to balance out the look, i have to do some eyeshadow first whenever i use this lipstick
formulation is no doubt, it's great
i think it's better for people with lighter skin tone than me

on 11/1/2017 2:57:00 PM

My favourite ever lipstick!
It's literally the most perfect colour on any skin tone.
As with all MAC lipsticks, not badly priced, great formula, great choice of colours, and a nice smell

on 11/8/2017 5:12:00 AM

Best nude shade ever. It is long lasting, over 4-5 hours. Great texture, it doesn’t dry my lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was afraid this would either be too brown or too warm on me, but luckily it is neither! It has just enough rosiness to meld to my neutral NW20ish complexion and become a lovely mlbb. As for the formula, I find MAC matte lipsticks (NOT Retro Mattes!) pretty comfortable and they strike a nice balance between lasting power and finish. They aren't transfer-proof like the liquid lipsticks everyone has become accustomed to, but I get solid wear time between meals, then I'm ready for a touch-up anyway. The color will likely be too brown on people who need a brighter tone to their lipstick. I would recommend Mehr if this is too brown for you. It's definitely not as brown as Whirl, though, which is darker, cooler, and definitely more brown than VT. That's the great thing about MAC, there's probably something for everyone!

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

For years I've dreamed of the moment I would experience having a MAC product and I took the opportunity to buy this at one of Ulta's beauty steals for only $8. My overall verdict was that it's just really nice. Velvet Teddy is the perfect nude that flatters most. The matte formula I own is not drying and is very comfortable on the lips. However it doesn't last long, I have a few dupes in the Makeup Revolution Renaissance lipsticks in texture/color/taste/lasting power. I think the normal price is pricey for what it is, but again I got this on sale. I don't regret my purchase, but I think I have many comparable nude dupes.

on 10/31/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent product. It's makes a great nude for medium skin tones.

PRO's:
- long lasting
- intense colour
- does not bleed
- matte look (if you're looking for that)

CON's:
- a little pricey (roughly $17 US)

TIPS: ensure that your lips are hydrated as this can be drying.

on 10/2/2017 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this color because I saw it on a woman on the MAC website. It looked gorgeous on her, but on me it's not even there. It takes a few good swipes to get the lipstick to glide on the lips- it's not creamy at all. I also had to do many swipes to get it to show up. If you have a medium, warm, and/or darker skintone, I would not recommend this. Maybe in the center of the lips, with a darker color or not, for an ombre effect. The only reason I'm giving 2 lippies is because it was my first MAC lipstick, I didn't test out longevity and I got it during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty Sale (glad I didn't buy it at full price). Other than that, ISSA NO.