MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 8/16/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i really don't get what the hype is about, i honestlg don't. it looks greyish on me and drys up my lips really bad.

on 8/3/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Quite honestly, I think this product is overhyped. I'm surprised I wasn't the world's biggest fan of it - I love MAC and their products, and am rarely disappointed, but this one was just a let down. It's just an 'okay' product, hence the three lippies.

The most important two things in a lip product for me are lasting power and how it feels on my lips (if it's drying or overly creamy, etc). The lasting power wasn't exceptional with this one, and I am not a constant lip licker or snack lover or anything like that - if anything, the contrary. It transfers very easily as soon as I eat or drink. I have a lip balm from Nivea that lasts longer than this lipstick.

It feels great on my lips, though, I'll give it that - it had the right balance of being moist but not overly heavy and petroleum jelly-like. It's not drying at all.

Funnily enough, velvet teddy is the EXACT colour of my lips, so it's a wonderful nude for every day. It matches every look and the colour is just stunning.

All in all, though, it was not worth the 27 dollars I paid for it. For that money it's going to have to be more than 'okay' for a repurchase, which isn't going to happen. I have much cheaper holy grail lip products and thus have no need for this, really, despite the lovely colour.

To Read all 277 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/14/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh, I love this lipstick!! I think the color is a bit more orange than pink, which matches my lips better. I didn't realise that my lips are actually orange-ish until I tried this lipstick. It looks really natural and pretty on me. The formula is supposed to be matte, but compared to my Ruby Woo Mac lipstick, it isn't at all. I find that the Ruby Woo one is kind of hard to apply and really matte on the lips, this is more as a satin in my opinion. Lasts for about 3 hours on my lips if I don't eat anything, but takes a few seconds to reapply if you just throw it in the purse. The scent is amazing as well!

on 7/2/2016 8:31:00 PM

Honestly I bought Velvet Teddy because of all the hype about it from Kylie Jenner. At first I was going to get Mehr because an employee recommended it to me, but I already had similar lipsticks to Mehr, so I ended up buying this shade. It's a gorgeous shade! I got compliments on it while wearing it. I don't know if I'm the only person who has experienced this while wearing it, but it looks different on me for some days. Some days it looks like a deep toned beige as described on the Mac website and sometimes it looks like a perfect pinky brown Kylie shade for my skin tone. I don't really like when it looks beige on me because it doesn't compliment my cool undertoned skin. I love the smell! It smells like vanilla cupcakes. It's applies on smoothly, but can get pretty drying. It lasted for 4 hours which is pretty good. I wish it lasted longer though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Super hard to get a hold of but turned out to be decent! I really do like the color and it doesn't dry and get cakey which keeps me using this as a staple part of my skincare regimen. I really enjoy this :)

Like some other reviewers have mentioned, at first I was hesitant that this color wouldn't suit my skintone (NC25), and initially I thought it pulled a bit grey on me. That was under the harsh lights at MAC though, and now I am absolutely in LOVE with this lipstick. Definitely one of my all time favorites, along with a liquid lipstick from TheBalm (in a very similar shade, might I add). I love the texture, smell, and it lasts decently long if you are not eating/drinking. I'd definitely get another one were I to run out.

I absolutely love this lipstick! I use it everytime I do my makeup I love the nudey brown colour and I think this lipstick suits all skin tones the price is okay it is a bit expensive but I have this lipstick 6 months and use it almost daily and it lasts a long time.

Velvet Teddy is a gorgeous shade on me. I didn't think it would look too good on me because I'm of Asian skin tone. I thought it would look peachy on me but it ended up looking mauvey brownish which was sooo pretty! The formula (matte) is also great and is nor moisturizing or drying. I think if you're on the edge of trying this, definitely try it. I think this shade would look good on anyone. The only downside is the price, at $17 I think? It's a little bit pricy, but worth it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first Mac lipstick. I heard the hype on this color and was already really into matte mauves and browns so I went to the store specifically seeking this one. I absolutely loooove this color so much and the formula is great. I am fair skinned and blonde and this is just a great everyday lipstick if you're into these types of colors. This goes with every makeup look and it really compliments my skin tone. The formula is really smooth and not drying on my lips whatsoever. It has really good lasting power and it fades nicely. I wear this pretty much on the daily and plan to repurchase when it finally runs out. Lol

I absolutely love the colour of this lipstick. After all the hype over it being a kylie jenner colour, I thought I would never get my hands on it. When I did, I was over the moon, and I think its one of the most gorgeous colours I have had. Unlike some matte lipsticks, this is not drying at all and I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis, because it is so wearable and will go with almost any eye look or outfit. I will definitely be repurchasing after I finish the tube I currently have.

Video Reviews & Tutorials