MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

I have very fair skin and have a hard time finding nude lipsticks that don’t make me look garish, make my teeth look incredibly yellow, or wash me out. I love this color—a medium red-brown that wears to a MLBB color that matches my inner lip color. I prefer matte versions because they last longer than say the creamsheen formula. This is matte, but not overly drying. The color also doesn’t bring out any yellow tones in my teeth, something that’s hard to find in nude lipsticks.

on 2/3/2018 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Is it a great nude color? Yes. If I think it's worth buying again? Probably not. There are other drugstore nude lipsticks that last a little longer and do not so much yellow my teeth.

This is my all time favorite lipstick! I just love how it starts off as a brownish color and then at the end of the day will become rose-ish! It lasts all day and i already bought it for a second round!

on 11/18/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very pretty color but drying. Doesn’t stay on very long and isn’t moisturizing. A very good neutral for tan/olive skin gals.

on 11/15/2017 8:05:00 AM

Stunning colour - not what i'm used to wearing but the formula won me over.
My lips are very light, and my complexion NC15, so it tends to pull more orange on me. Still, its a lovely neutral colour that goes well for everyday wear.

Pretty matte formula, long-wearing, comfortable, non-drying. What more can I ask for? Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

i am.nc20 nw20 for reference. Its a natural color but still a bit darker than my lip. It makes you look like you have a nice pout and brings a little color to my face. Paired with whirl its a very nice combo. It does look more alive with a lipliner. I go for shades like modesty . Creme in your coffee. Syrup. But vt is one of my fav but it is a bit drying.

edit: after trying smoked almond in the intensity line i began to not reach for my velvet teddy anymore. It looks a bit ashy in some lightings on my skin. I feel that i need to wear this with lipliner or it doesnt looks as great.

on 11/8/2017 5:12:00 AM

Best nude shade ever. It is long lasting, over 4-5 hours. Great texture, it doesn’t dry my lips.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i feel like everyone love this shade
i like this too, but not love it

to balance out the look, i have to do some eyeshadow first whenever i use this lipstick
formulation is no doubt, it's great
i think it's better for people with lighter skin tone than me

on 11/1/2017 2:57:00 PM

My favourite ever lipstick!
It's literally the most perfect colour on any skin tone.
As with all MAC lipsticks, not badly priced, great formula, great choice of colours, and a nice smell

on 10/31/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent product. It's makes a great nude for medium skin tones.

PRO's:
- long lasting
- intense colour
- does not bleed
- matte look (if you're looking for that)

CON's:
- a little pricey (roughly $17 US)

TIPS: ensure that your lips are hydrated as this can be drying.

Popular Lipsticks