MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 1/17/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

If you are a makeup lover you understand the amazing feeling that you get when you discover a shade that is perfect and looks exactly like you want it to look like. Velvet teddy was that exact shade for me and i find it wearable for everyday and even sultry night time looks with dramatic eyes. This pulls a nude pink colour on me and i find it very flattering. If you are a light to medium tan skin tone you need it also, if you are olive it will look amazing and become a staple in your collection. I can apply this without a mirror and find the longevity of it okay , but with a lip liner it lasts a very long time.

This is a stunning colour! A deep pinky brown, not your typical nude more of a "Kylie Jenner" or 90s lip. Definitely need to moisturize and exfoliate before applying but that is a given with most matte lipsticks.

Love that I can apply this in the morning and doesn't come off on my coffee cup.

Standard MAC packaging.
Very overrated for a nude lippy. Definitely had better ones sit against my complexion and I found it to be quite opaque. I like the soft application and it sits nice on the lip, just not very long lasting.
More of an orange-y shade than a nude.

I am quite on and off about this lipstick. The colour is stunning, however it is marketed as a nude which I disagree with as it runs quite deep on my fair skin tone. However, it is very creamy and opaque. it also tends to wear off in patches on the lips and requires a few layers for full opacity. A lovely every day shade but for the hype I was slightly disappointed.

on 1/1/2017 4:40:00 PM

This is my favourite lip product ever. Not only is the packaging nice and simple and the formula really nice but the colour is absolutely gorgeous. I truly believe that it would suit any skintone as it is so diverse and looks different on everybody. This is a holy grail product for me and I strongly recommend everybody having one in their collection

on 12/31/2016 12:13:00 PM

Purchased from Mac website in UK. Really love this shade - Mac lipsticks tend to vary in formula across the entire range, but this one glides on easily and yet is not too shiny looking and it stays put well. I'm pale skinned and it is quite dramatic on me but still ok for daytime. Makes my lips look fuller and has just enough warmth and richness. Only gripe is that the cap sometimes comes loose in my makeup bag!

Love Love Love this lippie, it is the perfect nude with a matte finish, but it doesn't dry out your lips but lasts forever! really compliments any look and looks great! I receive lots of compliments when wearing this so will definately pick up again if I lost or ran out of this!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the matte lipstick that will most likely outlive any other nude-spectrum shade in my collection. For me personally, it is a color I can reach for with any number of day or night, casual or bold, year-round looks and somehow not get bored. It's not pale but not dark, not orangey but not mauvey, you get the drift. Just a true brown-based medium nude with full opacity that somehow doesn't scream "Brown" on me, but adds just enough to button up any look I am going for.

This is a honest nude color, not a rosy pink or a mauve, or a cool ashy brown trying to pass off as a nude. If you are opposed to warmer shades I can't say you'll love this, because between cool and warm I believe it leans more warm, but still strikes me as pretty neutral. I don't really like warmer lip colors, they turn orange on me, and this definitely doesn't.

This is full opacity and fully matte, but velvety in finish and not drying on me in the least. The staying power is great, and because it's a more subtle color I feel it wears really well throughout the day.

Say what you will about MAC, but one thing they do consistently well is matte lipsticks, and Velvet Teddy is the one I find myself reaching for most often. This is just a beautiful color and formula, and a hands-down must for anyone who appreciates nude lip colors.

on 10/21/2016 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i really like the thin texture of this lipstick. when i drink it hardly leaves a trace on the glass. this is important to me as i do not find the opposite very nice in especially professional context. the color is not overwhelming. its more tad of brown and a bit of pink. i believe it gives different results on different skins. i see more pink on my lips than red. its not overly drying. overall its a winner

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful shade but I don't think I'll be purchasing, as my lips are slightly too pigmented for this lipstick (although the color payoff and opacity are great). I'll probably try Spirit or Taupe instead, which look like darker versions of VT. I'm definitely not in a hurry to finish off this lipstick though, since it looks gorgeous on top of my lip liner (RImmel Exaggerate lip liner in 018 Addiction).

PROS:
- lovely color that is pretty opaque
- not as drying as other matte lipsticks
- really smooth application
- sweet vanilla dessert scent
- long lasting, although I need to reapply after greasy food like fried chicken

CONS:
- my lips are a bit too pigmented for this shade, although it looks great with my NC20/25 skintone (I have to use lipliner under it)
- mildly drying, definitely need to use lip balm under it

Popular Lipsticks