MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

This is my all time favorite lipstick! I just love how it starts off as a brownish color and then at the end of the day will become rose-ish! It lasts all day and i already bought it for a second round!

on 11/18/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very pretty color but drying. Doesn’t stay on very long and isn’t moisturizing. A very good neutral for tan/olive skin gals.

on 11/15/2017 8:05:00 AM

Stunning colour - not what i'm used to wearing but the formula won me over.
My lips are very light, and my complexion NC15, so it tends to pull more orange on me. Still, its a lovely neutral colour that goes well for everyday wear.

Pretty matte formula, long-wearing, comfortable, non-drying. What more can I ask for? Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

i am.nc20 nw20 for reference. Its a natural color but still a bit darker than my lip. It makes you look like you have a nice pout and brings a little color to my face. Paired with whirl its a very nice combo. It does look more alive with a lipliner. I go for shades like modesty . Creme in your coffee. Syrup. But vt is one of my fav but it is a bit drying.

edit: after trying smoked almond in the intensity line i began to not reach for my velvet teddy anymore. It looks a bit ashy in some lightings on my skin. I feel that i need to wear this with lipliner or it doesnt looks as great.

on 11/8/2017 5:12:00 AM

Best nude shade ever. It is long lasting, over 4-5 hours. Great texture, it doesn’t dry my lips.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i feel like everyone love this shade
i like this too, but not love it

to balance out the look, i have to do some eyeshadow first whenever i use this lipstick
formulation is no doubt, it's great
i think it's better for people with lighter skin tone than me

on 11/1/2017 2:57:00 PM

My favourite ever lipstick!
It's literally the most perfect colour on any skin tone.
As with all MAC lipsticks, not badly priced, great formula, great choice of colours, and a nice smell

on 10/31/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent product. It's makes a great nude for medium skin tones.

PRO's:
- long lasting
- intense colour
- does not bleed
- matte look (if you're looking for that)

CON's:
- a little pricey (roughly $17 US)

TIPS: ensure that your lips are hydrated as this can be drying.

on 10/2/2017 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this color because I saw it on a woman on the MAC website. It looked gorgeous on her, but on me it's not even there. It takes a few good swipes to get the lipstick to glide on the lips- it's not creamy at all. I also had to do many swipes to get it to show up. If you have a medium, warm, and/or darker skintone, I would not recommend this. Maybe in the center of the lips, with a darker color or not, for an ombre effect. The only reason I'm giving 2 lippies is because it was my first MAC lipstick, I didn't test out longevity and I got it during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty Sale (glad I didn't buy it at full price). Other than that, ISSA NO.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

For years I've dreamed of the moment I would experience having a MAC product and I took the opportunity to buy this at one of Ulta's beauty steals for only $8. My overall verdict was that it's just really nice. Velvet Teddy is the perfect nude that flatters most. The matte formula I own is not drying and is very comfortable on the lips. However it doesn't last long, I have a few dupes in the Makeup Revolution Renaissance lipsticks in texture/color/taste/lasting power. I think the normal price is pricey for what it is, but again I got this on sale. I don't regret my purchase, but I think I have many comparable nude dupes.