MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The love I have for this lipstick is so real!

Velvet Teddy is a beautiful light rosey shade with brown undertones. I would not describe it as a mauve as some people would, mauve by definition is a pale purple colour and imo velvet teddy has no purple hue to it at all.
I personally hate any colour that leans more toward the pink spectrum as it doesn't flatter my olive undertones much. I'm currently NC35-37 as I caught a tan during the summer, usually I am NC30 but regardless of that during the whole year I reach for velvet teddy the most from all the lippies in my collection (and girl trust me there's a lot, I own way too many lippies for my own good LOL) its just one of those lipsticks that compliment basically all makeup looks, finishes it off so perfectly.

The finish is usually more of a satin than matte on my lips but some days if I want a matte liquid lipstick type look I'll just pat on some translucent powder to help with that.
Some days I even opt for eyeshadow to mattify, if I want more of a brown look I'll usually use a transition shade or mix and match depending on my mood for that day.
I like Whirl, Spice, Stripdown and Etcetera lipliner to pair with Velvet Teddy.

Velvet Teddy and Spirit are my two go-to fav MAC lippies (for reference, Spirit is a deeper version of VT)
btw, when you reach the 'end' of the bullet its not actually the end, I take a clean Q-tip and dig around the bottom of the tube and usually pull up enough product to use for another week or two (I store in a clean contact lens case)

on 9/1/2016 1:54:00 PM

The lipstick is a bit "ehh" in my opinion. I am not sure how I feel about this. Ladies with slightly pigmented lips might not be a fan of this lipstick. You can pair it with your favorite lipliner (I use mac spice lipliner) in case your lips are pigmented, the lipstick would look different depending on the liner you use (this is one of the reasons why I don't hate it). I personally like to use velvet teddy when I go for a heavy eyemakeup as the nudish colour on my lips help to focus on my eyes more. I will go with 3 stars because I wish the lipstick was more pigmented and long lasting. However it might look great on others depending on their natural lip colour :)

To Read all 280 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/29/2016 3:16:00 PM

I find this particular shade to be a chameleon; it looks different on every person depending on their skin tone. In most online swatch videos and pictures, I saw that it was a medium brown to a pinky-nude. On my medium skin tone, I found it to be too pale. I found it to be drying but that was because my lips were chapped; if you apply chapstick or vaseline underneath, it will be nice and smooth. Despite the color mismatch, the formula was opaque. I wish MAC did not increase the prices of their lipsticks; I believe even one or two dollars makes a difference. However, the price is comparable to that of other high-end lipsticks.

on 8/16/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i really don't get what the hype is about, i honestlg don't. it looks greyish on me and drys up my lips really bad.

on 8/3/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Quite honestly, I think this product is overhyped. I'm surprised I wasn't the world's biggest fan of it - I love MAC and their products, and am rarely disappointed, but this one was just a let down. It's just an 'okay' product, hence the three lippies.

The most important two things in a lip product for me are lasting power and how it feels on my lips (if it's drying or overly creamy, etc). The lasting power wasn't exceptional with this one, and I am not a constant lip licker or snack lover or anything like that - if anything, the contrary. It transfers very easily as soon as I eat or drink. I have a lip balm from Nivea that lasts longer than this lipstick.

It feels great on my lips, though, I'll give it that - it had the right balance of being moist but not overly heavy and petroleum jelly-like. It's not drying at all.

Funnily enough, velvet teddy is the EXACT colour of my lips, so it's a wonderful nude for every day. It matches every look and the colour is just stunning.

All in all, though, it was not worth the 27 dollars I paid for it. For that money it's going to have to be more than 'okay' for a repurchase, which isn't going to happen. I have much cheaper holy grail lip products and thus have no need for this, really, despite the lovely colour.

on 7/14/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh, I love this lipstick!! I think the color is a bit more orange than pink, which matches my lips better. I didn't realise that my lips are actually orange-ish until I tried this lipstick. It looks really natural and pretty on me. The formula is supposed to be matte, but compared to my Ruby Woo Mac lipstick, it isn't at all. I find that the Ruby Woo one is kind of hard to apply and really matte on the lips, this is more as a satin in my opinion. Lasts for about 3 hours on my lips if I don't eat anything, but takes a few seconds to reapply if you just throw it in the purse. The scent is amazing as well!

on 7/2/2016 8:31:00 PM

Honestly I bought Velvet Teddy because of all the hype about it from Kylie Jenner. At first I was going to get Mehr because an employee recommended it to me, but I already had similar lipsticks to Mehr, so I ended up buying this shade. It's a gorgeous shade! I got compliments on it while wearing it. I don't know if I'm the only person who has experienced this while wearing it, but it looks different on me for some days. Some days it looks like a deep toned beige as described on the Mac website and sometimes it looks like a perfect pinky brown Kylie shade for my skin tone. I don't really like when it looks beige on me because it doesn't compliment my cool undertoned skin. I love the smell! It smells like vanilla cupcakes. It's applies on smoothly, but can get pretty drying. It lasted for 4 hours which is pretty good. I wish it lasted longer though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Super hard to get a hold of but turned out to be decent! I really do like the color and it doesn't dry and get cakey which keeps me using this as a staple part of my skincare regimen. I really enjoy this :)

Like some other reviewers have mentioned, at first I was hesitant that this color wouldn't suit my skintone (NC25), and initially I thought it pulled a bit grey on me. That was under the harsh lights at MAC though, and now I am absolutely in LOVE with this lipstick. Definitely one of my all time favorites, along with a liquid lipstick from TheBalm (in a very similar shade, might I add). I love the texture, smell, and it lasts decently long if you are not eating/drinking. I'd definitely get another one were I to run out.

I absolutely love this lipstick! I use it everytime I do my makeup I love the nudey brown colour and I think this lipstick suits all skin tones the price is okay it is a bit expensive but I have this lipstick 6 months and use it almost daily and it lasts a long time.