4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

There is a very good reason why this is such a favourite! Everytime I put this on I fall in love all over again & am reminded why I always have at least 2 back ups stored away - it seriously is the most beautiful lipstick out there! It’s so flattering on the lips & the formula is pretty creamy considering it’s a matte. I would compare this with nars audacious Anita which is my second favourite after velvet teddy - the audacious formula is really second to none but if I was asked to pick one lipstick to stick with, I would always choose velvet teddy! <3

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

2 years ago

Mac Velvet Teddy is a matte brown-pink lipstick that lends a sophisticated feel to one's lips. Although it's a matte formula, I don't feel that it's too drying. As it is very pigmented, it's a delight to use. One coat and you're ready to go.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

2 years ago

Color is gorgeous and I have the feeling it would look good on most people. However, it is just so drying. Even though I put a lip balm on under neath, it can still be very drying and my lips look so dry by the end of the night. I do love Mac lipsticks though, and it has lasted me 2+ years.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Tan

HairBlack

2 years ago

I was not a fan of this formula or color. It felt drying and emphasized every line on my lips. I know this a popular shade that seems to be a chameleon for everyone. For me, it turned out a not so nice brown. I like the neutral colors and can't get away with bold shades, but this just did not work for me. I don't rock the corals or most pinks so that is why I was drawn to this shade. I have NC15 skin with a slightly cool olive undertone.

About reviewer (267 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I have very fair skin and have a hard time finding nude lipsticks that don’t make me look garish, make my teeth look incredibly yellow, or wash me out. I love this color—a medium red-brown that wears to a MLBB color that matches my inner lip color. I prefer matte versions because they last longer than say the creamsheen formula. This is matte, but not overly drying. The color also doesn’t bring out any yellow tones in my teeth, something that’s hard to find in nude lipsticks.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Is it a great nude color? Yes. If I think it's worth buying again? Probably not. There are other drugstore nude lipsticks that last a little longer and do not so much yellow my teeth.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This is my all time favorite lipstick! I just love how it starts off as a brownish color and then at the end of the day will become rose-ish! It lasts all day and i already bought it for a second round!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

This is a very pretty color but drying. Doesn’t stay on very long and isn’t moisturizing. A very good neutral for tan/olive skin gals.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Stunning colour - not what i'm used to wearing but the formula won me over. My lips are very light, and my complexion NC15, so it tends to pull more orange on me. Still, its a lovely neutral colour that goes well for everyday wear. Pretty matte formula, long-wearing, comfortable, non-drying. What more can I ask for? Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

i am.NC20 C1 dark hair for reference. This is a natural color but still a bit darker than my lips, my natural lip color matched Faux lipstick. Velvet Teddy makes you look like you have a nice pout and brings a little color to the face without being too loud. Id pair this with Whirl lipliner to intensify the look. Its a Browny peachy pinky dark nude. On my skin its very neutral, not as peach as Kinda Sexy or Honeylove and not as pink as Faux or Modesty. It looks really pretty for an everyday lipstick that doesnt wash me out and isnt too over the top. edit - ok fast foward a year and i enjoy using this lipstick with Mac Soar lipliner better than Whirl. The lipliner help pull this towards more pink than brown. I also wear this on its own for a quick put together look. I gotten this for free as a gift and started to reach for it again. Its mlbb and def worth the hype. I fell off the bandwagon and got right back on lol ! Its my favorite, ive tried Taupe(too dark and grunge), Faux(too close to my natural lips), Honeylove(washed me out), Yash(also washes me out), Mocha(close to Taupe but brighter), Brick o la(too bright), Twig(too pink), Whirl(too dark and grey) Nothing beats Velvet Teddy for me. i always always come back to it. This remains my fav lippie from Mac. I havent been wearing lipsticks lately because of the heavy feeling. Its a no on repurchase but def lovely to have in my collection. The formula is still too dry for me. I am a tinted lip balm type of girl. pros- not as drying as other mattes Goes really well with Soar smells good looks natural but classy cons- can pull a bit ashy brown in certain lightings Edit- ive been so over matte lipstick and lip liners. Ive been just using Chanel Cecile 434 Mademoiselle Rouge Coco, its way more comfortable and a better mlbb color.

About reviewer (414 reviews)

Age25-29