4.3

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

Best nude shade ever. It is long lasting, over 4-5 hours. Great texture, it doesn’t dry my lips.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

i feel like everyone love this shade i like this too, but not love it to balance out the look, i have to do some eyeshadow first whenever i use this lipstick formulation is no doubt, it's great i think it's better for people with lighter skin tone than me

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

My favourite ever lipstick! It's literally the most perfect colour on any skin tone. As with all MAC lipsticks, not badly priced, great formula, great choice of colours, and a nice smell

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is an excellent product. It's makes a great nude for medium skin tones. PRO's: - long lasting - intense colour - does not bleed - matte look (if you're looking for that) CON's: - a little pricey (roughly $17 US) TIPS: ensure that your lips are hydrated as this can be drying.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

I bought this color because I saw it on a woman on the MAC website. It looked gorgeous on her, but on me it's not even there. It takes a few good swipes to get the lipstick to glide on the lips- it's not creamy at all. I also had to do many swipes to get it to show up. If you have a medium, warm, and/or darker skintone, I would not recommend this. Maybe in the center of the lips, with a darker color or not, for an ombre effect. The only reason I'm giving 2 lippies is because it was my first MAC lipstick, I didn't test out longevity and I got it during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty Sale (glad I didn't buy it at full price). Other than that, ISSA NO.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

For years I've dreamed of the moment I would experience having a MAC product and I took the opportunity to buy this at one of Ulta's beauty steals for only $8. My overall verdict was that it's just really nice. Velvet Teddy is the perfect nude that flatters most. The matte formula I own is not drying and is very comfortable on the lips. However it doesn't last long, I have a few dupes in the Makeup Revolution Renaissance lipsticks in texture/color/taste/lasting power. I think the normal price is pricey for what it is, but again I got this on sale. I don't regret my purchase, but I think I have many comparable nude dupes.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I was afraid this would either be too brown or too warm on me, but luckily it is neither! It has just enough rosiness to meld to my neutral NW20ish complexion and become a lovely mlbb. As for the formula, I find MAC matte lipsticks (NOT Retro Mattes!) pretty comfortable and they strike a nice balance between lasting power and finish. They aren't transfer-proof like the liquid lipsticks everyone has become accustomed to, but I get solid wear time between meals, then I'm ready for a touch-up anyway. The color will likely be too brown on people who need a brighter tone to their lipstick. I would recommend Mehr if this is too brown for you. It's definitely not as brown as Whirl, though, which is darker, cooler, and definitely more brown than VT. That's the great thing about MAC, there's probably something for everyone!

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I was always hesitant to try this color out of fear that it would completely wash me out, but I was proved wrong. It is the perfect nude. It is a warmer beige with a slight touch of pink that keeps it from giving you "dead lips". Compliments my medium warm skin tone. Looks as beautiful with a light eye look as it does a smokier eye look. I love the matte formula. It applies beautifully and doesn't tug. I definitely do advise exfoliating your lips beforehand or else it will cling to dry patches. Otherwise I love this lipstick and would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

A classic MAC shade but a little too drying for me. Nothing special in the colour department, either. I much prefer Hug Me (which is similar in colour but a Lustre) or Midsummer Night (which is also matte but at least the colour is actually noticeable).

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

Yes! Perfect nude for me! Bought it untested and it is a "my lips but better" shade. I can see how this would look too brown on some. Love to layer this over lip balm for a subtle nude look. I'll definitely repurchase as an every day lippie!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35