Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream

Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream
Olive Eye Cream

4.1

Ingredients: Vegetable Oil,Deionized Water, Olive Oil,Carnation Oil, Beeswax,Quaternium-60,Isopropyl Myristate, Cocoa Butter,Cetyl Alcohol,Propylparaben,Sodium Benzoate,Imidazolidinyl Urea 5/20/09

on 10/26/2016 10:18:00 AM

Leaves the areas around my eyes really shiny. To the point where my husband thought I had been crying. Has Parabens which is a deal breaker for me

on 10/20/2016 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Now that I've reached my mid-twenties, I've been making more of a conscious effort to take proper care of my skin- which includes incorporating a good eye cream into my routine. I bought this based on the favorable reviews on here, and I am not disappointed.

No, there are no miracle anti-aging benefits or ingredients that I am aware of, but it is an extremely hydrating concoction of olive oil and coco butter that will leave the eye area supple and plump the next morning when applied before bed...And we all know that hydration is key to reducing the appearance of those pesky fine lines. It's a simple, moisturizing eye cream that does what it's supposed to and lives up to its marketing claims- nothing more, nothing less. Intense hydration of the eye area. It is extremely soothing and actually also works quite well on general dry/rough patches of skin. I get dry areas on my cheeks and chin area in the winter, and this does a good job of calming the chapped skin. I've even used it on my lips when they've gotten extremely dry.

All that said, I think the number one thing that I appreciate about this product is how damn gentle it is. Seriously! I have super sensitive eyes and I can apply this right to my lash line with no irritation whatsoever. I've even accidentally rubbed my eyes with it on and gotten it IN them, and STILL absolutely no irritation. That is unheard of. Even my mother, who is the ultimate queen of eye sensitivity has praised this.

Another bonus is that this is cruelty free. I've recently made the transition to cruelty free beauty products, and this is one of the few decent eye creams I've found that fits the bill.

The only negatives I have for this product are the crappy jar packaging (kind of unhygienic, but you can use a q tip to scoop it out), and the greasy finish. It takes a long time to sink in and therefore, doesn't wear well under makeup in my opinion. The very thick consistency makes it more of a night time eye cream for me.

All in all, a great product that is especially great as an introductory eye cream. I pay $22 CAD for it, which is a STEAL considering you get a ton of product in the jar and you use SO LITTLE. It will last well over a year with regular use. $22 a year for supple, moisturized eye area? I'll take it. I would suggest this to anyone looking for a simple, yet effective hydrating eye cream. Anyone with very dry or sensitive eyes would benefit greatly from this. Again, a great, basic eye cream. It’s not a miracle and will not reverse the aging process, but it does what it’s supposed to.

on 8/25/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Super moisturizing. Mild. Doesn't bother my allergies. Too expensive for my taste, though. If you don't mind spending a good chunk and need a ton of moisture, it may be for you.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I do not like jar packagings, but this is such a great moisturizing eye cream! I have searched high and low for something better than the kiehls avocado eye cream and finally this is it! Plus it is cheaper too. I only need one layer and then I wait for it to sink in. This cream also works really good under any concealer. I have been using it for two months and unless I find something that is equally moisturizing and good for dark circles I will repurchase this. (for those who find this eye cream doesn't do much-you are right but pairing it with an under eye serum with tons antioxidants will be your solution-I recommend the one Dr Dennis Gross has called ferulic +retin serum)

on 4/9/2015 4:12:00 AM

Having tried almost every cream out there for my v sensitive fine lined eyes..I was v skeptical but bought on strength of reviews here..glad to say not dissatisfied at all..In fact love it! very moisturising silky soft sheen..definitely decreases effect of fine lines..does not affect my sensitive eyes at all..easy put make up on after..try it I think it's perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this eye cream. I find it extremely moisturizing and soothing. It is so rich and buttery that a little goes a very long way. I suffer from chronic dry eye, which makes my eyes tear a lot. After a particularly bad bout with lots of tearing, the skin around my eye will be red, irritated, chapped and painful. This is the only cream I've found which instantly soothes the under eye area. Although it is recommended as a night cream, I'll sometimes use just a tiny dab during the day when I'm having a real bad flare up of the dry eye. It calms my skin and makes it feel supple again within minutes. And as a night cream, it is just wonderful ... I awake with plumped, soft skin! I do love the Mario Badescu line of products and use quite a bit of them. I've read so many reviews that bash the packaging of these products, and I'm always amazed that no one mentions cosmetic spatulas. I bought a package of spatulas at my nearby beauty supply store. They were inexpensive and, although meant to be disposable, can be washed and re-used. I use a spatula to dip into the jar and that way I don't need to use my fingers and risk contaminating the product. As far as I'm concerned, this is an essential accessory to using any of the MB products which come in jars.

on 9/8/2014 9:09:00 PM

This the only eye cream I have found that combats dry winter skin. It absorbs so quickly, that I even wear it during the day under makeup. I can't recommend this enough.

on 1/7/2014 5:40:00 PM

This is my HG eye cream. I have tried using other eye creams from this brand (the hyaluronic one), as well as creams from bliss, lancome, and tart; and I have tried various oils such as apricot, sweet almond, and grape seed.
The creams were either too runny or burned my sensitive skin; and, the oils seemed to absorb too quickly and did nothing to help with my undereye "wrinkles."

This eye cream has a very thick consistency, yet it does not sit on top of my skin, the way that i find vaseline does. It absorbs and hydrates my eyes almost miraculously! It is light enough to use during the day, under makeup (if applied with a light finger), and, it is heavy enough to be built up in thick layers at night.

I am young enough to not have actual wrinkles, but this helps with fine lines that are probably caused from lack of sleep and dehydration. I cannot live without this eye cream.

The only con is that I do not find the jar to be hygenic.
And my only uncertainty is whether or not it will be what someone with aged skin is looking for. I have found for myself, it is a perfect eyecream for maintaining/bettering youthful skin.

on 6/18/2013 4:04:00 AM

I really like this eye cream, for one main reason. I sometimes get a condition that makes my upper and lower eyelids puffy, itchy, burning and red. Not to mention dry! dry peeling and scaly. It's always a reaction to a product I use on my eyes. Whenever I would get this reaction it would last for weeks, and no moisturizer, organic oils, vaseline, lanolin or any home remedy helps. They all burned my skin so bad and made the swelling worse. However, this product works. Even straight olive oil burned, but this eye cream for some reason helped my eyelids go back to normal. I even lightly used it for the daytime for a few weeks. But I wouldn't recommend that. I only use it for night time because it just sits there. It doesn't absorb. And sometimes it stings my eyes for like ten seconds after I apply, but I can deal with that for moisturized lids. Ps a little goes a long way. I get this as a free sample when i order the drying lotion (hg) and it lasts forever.

on 8/31/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I hate to be the party pooper here but I'm just not impressed with this eye cream at all. I've been using it for over 2 months and have not seen any improvement in my eye area. The inner-medial skin around my eyes is still dry and has fine lines because of that. There is no softening or lessening of the lines under my eyes. They don't look moisturized. Plus, I feel like this product does not sink in and most of it just comes off on the pillow. Wanted to love this eye cream but it didn't work out. On to the dermonectin eye cream.