Cutex Twister Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover

1.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/22/2008 10:32:00 PM

I offered to finish this for a friend. After 15 mins of scrubbing my toenail with a cotton ball, I gave up and threw the bottle away. I prefer to use acetone polish removers.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Holy crap! This product is horrible! I had picked it up at Ulta on clearance for 99 cents recently, and since I ran out of any other nail polish remover, I decided to try it out today. It is truly awful! It didn't remove anything at all! I thought maybe it was dried out from being old, but from the reviews below, I guess it just sucks. Avoid!

This product is a complete joke. There has to be a better way to make a more effective product like this. Great concept, but this may be one of the worst products I have ever used. Did not remove any of my nail polish and I would never consider re-purchasing unless a complete reformulation or repackaging were to occur. I do not mind Cutex nail polish remover in general, but this product went straight to the trash bin. There are MUCH better ways to remove nail polish!

on 5/14/2007 8:59:00 PM

What a piece of crap! I bought the twister polish remover recently to take on vacation, and it took me 30 minutes to remove sheer pink polish. I only had results that quickly because I alternated rubbing around in the package with scrubbing at my nail with a hotel towel. I was so excited about the packaging, because I usually like Cutex, and I know what a pain traveling with regular nail polish usually is. I'm very disappointed, and I actually threw mine away in the hotel trash after I finally got all my polish off. I definitely won't buy this again.

The idea of this is great. I like the packaging, but when I opened mine to use it for the first time, it felt dry inside the sponge. I had to add some of my own nail polish remover by pouring a small amount on the sponge twisting it and adding more all the way around then it worked much better. It seems to take forever to remove all of the polish. I don't think that I will repurchase this unless they add more nail polish remover to it.

on 6/29/2006 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this with the acetone remover. The packaging & the whole idea is a good one, it just needs more of the actual polish remover in the sponge, therefore I gave it 3 lippies instead of 4. For those who think the sponge has come loose when they try to twist their finger inside: it has NOT come lose. This is a small cylinder with a sponge lining the entire inside of it, all around. Then they put a plastic sleeve (with a large hole in it for your finger tip) over it that can rotate all the way around. So you're spinning your finger around the entire sponge on the inside of the whole cylinder, not just over one little spot of sponge. That being said, Cutex does not put NEARLY enough polish remover in it. They only put in enough to remove maybe the top layer or two of polish. Actually, I just poured more of my own polish remover inside of it to saturate the sponge a lot more. Voila! Hello, it works! Now I can take it with me for travel with nothing to dispose of or stink up the garbage can of my hotel room. This should last a good few manicures, until the sponge is full of all the removed nail polish &/or the sponge wears out. I would probably buy this again, unless another brand comes out with the same or similar plus ENOUGH polish remover already in it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately this fabulous packaging idea doesnt work. Designed so you just slide your finger in, twist and nailpolish comes off. unfortunately, nail polish doesnt come off. Stays on and on. I got the acetone one and it doesnt work at all. Neat concept but doesnt work.

on 8/31/2005 9:27:00 PM

I definitely hate this product! It didn't even remove my nail polish! Hate it so much!!!!!! I want my money back!!!!!!!

on 3/18/2005 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Why cutex came out with something like this, when they sell those fabulous felt-pad polish removers, is beyond me. This product is the pits. It does not suffificently remove polish (following the directions, after a long time, only the very surface of my polish was slightly removed, the bulk of the polish remained). Also, the darn sponge-thing inside the container was not anchored to the container, so as I tried to swirl my fingertip in the bottle as directed, the sponge kept circling around, moving. Worthless!

on 3/18/2005 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The concept of this product is very innovative. It's a little bottle that you put your finger in and it is supposed to spin the polish right off your nails. The problem is that it just doesn't work. I had my finger spinning around in the container (there is a sponge with polish remover in it that hits the top of your nail) for about 5 minutes and no polish was removed. I tried again & again with different fingers to no avail. Don't waste your money on this product.

Popular Treatments