Redken All Soft Conditioner

Redken All Soft Conditioner
All Soft Conditioner

3.9

Aqua/water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, elaeis sinensis oil/palm oil, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, octyldodecanol, sodium PCA, parfum/fragrance, citric acid, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, argania spinosa oil, argania spinosa kernel oil, arginine, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm kind of fussy when it comes to my haircare products and recently I've been on the hunt for a good conditioner. I did purchase this in the old formulation about 3 years back and also the latest one more recently. Preferred the previous, not so much the new one. The pros: definitely adds a shine and helps to detangle and keep frizz under control, although the effect does not last long (probably something to do with the fact that I live in Florida!). Also the addition of Argan Oil which in my experience is one of the most beneficial oils for your hair (I often just use it neat from one of those inexpensive bottles at the organic store). The cons: none to speak of really, I do find the formulation could be better as it used to be. Other than that a somewhat decent conditioner but not a re-purchase for me as there are better ones in terms of efficacy aswell as more natural ones out there.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/12/2018 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The reformulation of this product was truly a tragedy. I would have continued to purchase this conditioner and the shampoo for the rest of my life had they not changed the formula. It used to be you only needed the smallest amount of conditioner and it would detangle your hair effortlessly, in under a minute for my waist length hair. It left my hair extremely soft, shiny, bouncy, and strong. I'd be the girl known for her hair, it was by far my greatest physical attribute. Now I'm at a loss. I haven't found something I love as much as the old formula and I'm not sure I ever will. I will always consider this my lost love conditioner. Why did you have to change anything redken? It was perfect before - now there's $5 drugstore conditioners better than this. Please, please, please bring it back. Listen to your customers, you would have had revenue from me for the next 60+ years I would be alive had you not reformulated this. Now? I'm forced to look elsewhere

on 11/19/2017 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I used this before the reformulation, and I've used it after, and it was mediocre both times. I get much better results from drugstore conditioners, this did nothing for me. The All Soft shampoo, on the other hand, is definitely worth checking out.

on 5/26/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have never used the older formula for All Soft Conditioner, so my review is based on the one currently in stores. This is a nice conditioner for my dry, coarse, and thick hair. It makes my hair feel really hydrated and smooth. My hair doesn't look poofy after I use the shampoo and conditioner together (like other products have made my hair look). This is a pleasure to use. I think it has argan oil in it, so my hair COULD be softer, this seems to leave my hair with a bit of a film that has a texture. Overall though, it is a good conditioner for my hair.

on 5/20/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, here's the deal: as someone with naturally curly 3a hair, this conditioner is THE ONLY thing I have found that has helped my hair stand up to the heat/humidity/grossness that is Atlanta weather. I had used this conditioner about 4 years ago and really liked it, but wandered off trying various other conditioners and lines, including Devacurl. Nothing was terrible, but nothing topped what I remembered All Soft doing to my hair. When I moved to the south about a year ago, I discovered that my hair HATES the climate here, and have been trying to figure out what the heck I can do to try to wear my hair curly without it looking like a hot mess. Nothing, including devacurl, had worked very well, so I decided to go back to All Soft. Well, the prodigal daughter has returned, because nothing. else. is. this. good. My hair is amazingly soft, with defined curls that have minimal frizz. Finally I can wear my hair curly and not have to stuff it in a pony. Plus, I like that when I do choose to straighten my hair, I have a more neutral base to work from rather than the curl-enhancing effects of devacurl. Stop reading this and just go buy it.

on 4/15/2017 8:10:00 PM

I'm torn with this. At first I thought this conditioner was too heavy for my fine hair. But I have to wash my hair a lot for my job, so something moisturizing is a must. And it does an amazing job of that. But then I stopped using it, and now I'm using Philip B's Detangling Creme Rinse and my hair looks awful. It lies lank and thin, with dry, jagged looking ends. My hair never looked this bad with the Redken! So I may have to repurchase this, to get my hair back in shape.

This conditioner used to be my ultimate - I don't know how majorly they changed the formula, but it's not as amazing as it used to be. Nowhere near as good at detangling and smoothing, so not really worth the high price anymore. I'm also quite allergic to it now, it gives me an itchy scalp and exacerbates my eczema. Apparently it doesn't contain avocado oil anymore (I don't know if that was the magic ingredient or not) and isopropyl alcohol is in the ingredients list, which concerns me, but it's neither at the top nor bottom so I have no idea of the concentration, which could make a big difference to how bad it is. Palm oil is also on the ingredients list too (Redken/L'Oreal say it's sustainably sourced, but I'm skeptical). Redken/L'Oreal test on animals as well. So, if you love wasting money and supporting business conglomerates, and you hate animals, jungles, forests, developing nations and your hair, then this is the conditioner for you! Otherwise, maybe steer clear of this rashy disaster in a bottle. It does smell nice though. There, I said something nice. :)

Tl;dr: Redken has made a string of poor decisions, I'll be avoiding this and the rest of their offerings from now on.

on 11/16/2016 2:25:00 AM

ATTENTION PLEASE.... WARNING everybody here don't waste your money and more important don't ruin your hair with this Garbage. As the other reviewers explained this conditioner was reformulated but stupid me I ignored it and bought a bottle. I used it only twice. Now my hair is in a bad shape each tress is like a straw😭

on 9/26/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm so disappointed with this product. After reading multiple good reviews I decided to buy both the shampoo and the conditioner. After using them for some time I came to realize that not only were they overpriced, they were also destroying my hair. I have had no issues with my hair before or after these two so it was pretty clear that they were the culprits. While using them my hair would get that nasty cotton candy feel when wet and when dry it would be all sad and damaged looking. It got to the point where my friends commented on it and I finally threw the shampoo and conditioner to trash.

These days I'm using Clairol's Herbal Essence long term relationship and couldn't be happier. I'm paying next to nothing for shampoo and conditioner which work 100 times better than many higher end products.

on 7/12/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Years ago when I was a teenager, I would have rated this 5 lippies. It was the first higher end conditioner I fell in love with.

But they changed the formula a few years ago & the current formulation is now garbage. I remember throwing a bottle out in 2013 but I could not figure out why. So I ordered a liter from the Ulta sale. The ingredient lists online are NOT all accurate and up to date. :( I checked before purchasing. If any of you are wondering why it's gone downhill, Isopropyl alcohol is now the 6th ingredient. This is one of the cheapest fillers cosmetic companies can shove in their products. Isopropyl alcohol = rubbing alcohol. It's drying and people often don't notice the effects until it's caused damage to the hair's structure. Ulta accidentally sent me 2 and I'm debating if the $15 is even worth

The old formulation was magical. :( I will not be repurchasing. returning them. I sure as heck will not be using this on my hair.