Chanel No.5

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Chanel No.5

3.4

I have always enjoyed floral frangrances and I found the 50ml eau de toilette at Costco for CAD$59 and I could not pass it up.

I'll admit that although I have been lusting after this for years I was hesitant to buy it because of the "old grandmother" stigma associated with this Chanel classic. I now regret wait for so long. It smells just like jasmine and powder, so timelessly classic, luxurious and elegant and alluring.

The packaging is just gorgeous, like all things Chanel. I think I'm hooked for life.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The first time I smelled this I hated it. I thought it smelled like a port o potty. I retested this fragrance in Sephora, well actually I tried the Eau Premiere and I fell in love. I bought the no. 5 lotion and layered it with the no 5 eau premiere. eventually, I just HAD to get the original no 5 and I wear this every day. it is the best scent, it smells so clean and good and it smells even better layered with the lotion. i recommend trying this on yourself vs. just spraying it on a tester because it dries down different on everybody!

on 5/12/2016 11:31:00 AM

Purchased a 3.4 oz EDP for myself, as I turned 56 today - - splurge, yes, but best ever. It's a timeless classic with a fragrance that lingers all day. The dry down is phenomenol. I only sprayed on 2 different pulse points and wow, this bottle will last a long time! No wonder it's all Marilyn Monroe wore to bed!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this at first, now it's a bit too synthetic for my liking :( it's got a powdery smell that I got over pretty quickly

on 1/29/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is impossible to not give this perfume a five star rating, and I also think it's impossible to be objective about it, given its legendary status. When I turned 26, I asked my father for a bottle of this as a birthday present, and he got me a whopping 100ml bottle of the EDP (I love my dad). I figured it was time - time to embrace myself as a woman and declare it boldly - I am no shrinking violet! What I like about the EDP is that it is not as aldehydic as the other formulations, even though I have actually grown to like aldehydes through appreciating this fragrance. But my absolute favourite part of this perfume is the heart notes of lush jasmine and rose that just remind me of liquid gold, heavy and substantial and ultrafeminine. I actually think this is best worn with jeans and a t-shirt, upending the conventions of it being a dressed up perfume, and with a bit of a rock and roll attitude. I definitely reach for it more in the winter when heavier scents are comforting, and also when I need a boost of confidence. When I need to feel like I am a real woman- with a woman's scent.

I have definitely gotten compliments on this perfume, and I love the scent of it on sheets or warm winter jumpers...

on 11/15/2015 10:30:00 AM

My first ever fragrance from Chanel. I have always heard so much about No.5 over the years but have never considered getting one to add to my perfume collection. So two months ago,I decided to treat myself and bought the EDP purse spray set. It comes with 2 refills (20ml each) plus an additional tube already inside the beautiful black & gold lacquered case. I was told by the sales associate that there were several types of No.5 and each one has its own uniqueness. I specifically chose the EDP as i was drawn to it and i felt a special connection to the scent. It starts off really strong and slowly turns powdery as it dries. How i would describe NO.5 - Glamorous, confidence,sophistication and timeless. It may not appeal to everyone but i truly feel that this is a classy scent that is worth trying out.

PS : If i have to pick a second fave,it would be the Eau Premiere. :-)

on 2/12/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The scent of this perfume just too mature for my liking. If you like fresh floral scents, this is def not for you

on 1/13/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible, stifling old lady perfume. I feel like I can't breathe when someone is around me who is wearing this!

on 11/18/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It took me years to purchase and appreciate this wonderful fragrance. I started sampling No 5 in my early thirties, and it wasn't until 34 that I really started to appreciate this. I never thought that this ever smelled old lady, but I could see how it might be too "mature" smelling for some, or possibly outdated. I do think that my body chemistry and tastes have changed, because anything marketed to 20 somethings or even early 30 somethings does nothing for me anymore, or just smells "off" when I'm wearing it. Even the younger Chanel fragrances like Coco Mademoiselle and Chance are too "young" smelling for me.

I recently stopped wearing any modern fragrances for several reasons. First, longevity is terrible for most fragrances made within the last ten to fifteen years. Second, many of the modern ones are all too common smelling. Thirdly, the classics became classics for a reason. They really do have a timeless appeal to them.

Back to No 5, I wear the EDP. I haven't tried the EDT yet. The EDP is a complex, sophisticated, luxurious smelling perfume on me. This smells powdery on me, but also has other notes to balance it out. It doesn't smell like one note more than another--the formula blends perfectly. This is pure class, elegance, sophistication. I do use a light hand when spraying this, just so it wears close to me, so I'm able to pull this off as an office perfume. I can see how over spraying any perfume just ruins it. Less is more with this one. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way and I probably end up spending less money being that I don't have to use a lot.

Falling in love with No 5.....

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

gives me nausea. The only chanel frangrances I like are chanel chance(pink,green). That's pretty much it. The rest are grandma alert.

Popular Fragrances