Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.2

on 12/22/2012 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the list of ladies (and gents?) that LOVE the iconic No. 5 fragrance. I even have a huge framed poster of Marilyn Monroe holding a bottle of it in my bedroom :D
When I was younger (and stupid..) I foolishly sold a full size bottle of this on eBay because I didn't like it. (My aunt gifted it to me). I sincerely regret it! It's now one of my favorite perfumes.
I think it smells classy and not at all old lady like but I can see how many people would think that. In the beginning and especially if overused it can smell heavy and oriental? like but I make sure to use it only sparingly during the day as it has the potential to knock you over. I love how it dries down to a nice powdery smell. Definitely still a classic.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite fragrance! I'm 25 and wear this everyday. It it's not an old lady scent...it is pretty and sophisticated. If you think this is old lady smelling, I'm going to assume you haven't smelled estee lauder youth dew!!

on 7/7/2014 11:03:00 AM

Vintage EDT.

A truly perfectly balanced floral done in the way only Chanel could do. It is delicate and classy as well as being alluring and sensual, as if giving off a warm glow around the person who wears it, like a soft, golden "aura" following them.

It is subtle, but it compliments your own natural skin beautifully and it a natural way... as if enhancing your presence and making you feel beautiful and confident at the same time.

Ernest Beaux, the genius that he was, knew women so well, this fragrance seems to work and adapt differently on each persons skin. It has universal appeal... and works well with women of ANY culture, creed or generation. There is a reason why this one is hard to beat, even after 90 years, and why it will still be around 90 years from now.

on 3/29/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been wearing Chanel No 5 Eau De Parfum for the last 15 years. Its my signature,
however I have noticed the scent varies form bottle to bottle. I have returned 4 bottles over the years contacted Head Office Sydney (no one got back to me) I love the fragrance when its good I just purchased a bottle 200mls which is also somewhat different. ho hum. I will continue to purchase as its the only perfume I wear. Wish there was some consistency with their product and some sort of customer service. If anyone plans to exchange or return chanel no 5 you will need not only your receipt but the box it came in this will make for a problem free exchange.

on 5/25/2017 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's worth the money so I'm not going to complain about the price! I'm a 50's girl at heart and this perfume has stuck by me since I brought my first bottle when I was 18! Absolute love! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think a couple of reviews have it right, you really do only need 2 spritz of this and your onto a winner. It's a beautiful and timeless perfume. I'm my opinion it suits ALL ages both me and my mum wear this quite often and it smells completely different on both of us, my advice is grab a tester from your local Chanel counter and try before you buy! It's expensive but totally worth it :)

on 10/26/2013 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

HG! love this classic, timeless fragrance! wear it all day, everyday! beautiful package, lovely staying power! have soap, moisture mist, body oil, body creme and hair mist as well! โ™ฅโ™กโ™ฅโ™ก

on 10/16/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely adore the bottle and the color. Whenever I see it, I always think of really expensive and luxurious whiskey. It is so classy. Because of the bottle, I always want to buy it but I restrain myself because whenever I test this on my skin, I feel like it is too mature for me. sigh.. I really wish I could like this. lol.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I adore this fragrance and I always have at least a bottle. I don't wear it everyday, I switch off with other fragrances. I fell in love with #5 when I was in my late 20's and early 30's.
I will go out on a limb and state that this fragrance is for a more mature woman. I'm not stating that it's an "old-lady" fragrance :-D. It is a sophisticated and complex fragrance and that type of fragrance can be difficult to carry unless you have enough life experience or to put it bluntly enough miles on you whereby this fragrance can be very alluring. I usually detest floral based fragrances but this one---is elegant and warm and my Husband says it smells divine on the nape of my neck. What more could a girl ask for, no matter how old that girl is? continued >>

on 7/26/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

i think this scent is a bit mature for me. unique & strong. i still like it though. i love how the scent lingers for a long time. i look for that in a fragrance.

Popular Fragrances