Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

on 6/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a waste of money for me. No matter what concealer I used, or how lightly I used this powder, it would make it go bright orange when dusted over the top. I would end up with orange patches dotted around my face, not a good look! As I don't like to waste things, I do use it over my nose to take the shine off and it does work in this regard as it keeps shine at bay for a few hours. The packaging is also the best I've seen for a loose powder and it didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Despite these pros, the huge con of an orange face means that I would never repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Got a sample of this in a kit I bought and I love it and will buy a full size.

I'm an oily girl and I feel like this, in combination with the matte mineral foundation, does the best job of any foundation I've used at controlling oil. Some oil still peeks through, but it looks more like a healthy glow than an oil slick (which is what ends up happening when I go Au natural).

I'm allergic to silicone and can't use a lot of products because of it. This does not irritate my skin or break me out. I think it does a great job at setting under-eye concealer, too.

on 10/28/2013 11:41:00 PM

Mineral Veil make my makeup routine complete. I couldn't live without it. Regardless if i am using bare minerals make up or not, i always use mineral veil to conceal and to finish my makeup routine. I of course, 'swirl', 'tap', and 'buff' a small amount and spread evenly onto my face (especially in areas such as my cheek bones and nose). It locks in my makeup and gives a complete after glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Good setting powder, but I prefer Everyday Minerals "Finishing Dust". They both are corn starch, but Bare Minerals contain stearate fillers, EM does not. The sheer/original Mineral Veil has an orange hue that does not really work for my fair skin. When I used Bare Minerals when they first came out (~10 years ago) I remember that the veil was not this orangey, so I'm not happy with that. It does control oil and sets foundation well, but it's not the best. For a better, but similar option, I use Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust; it's pure and works well (for less $, too), if not better, than Bare Minerals. Overall, it's not a bad product, but it's not for me.

on 3/23/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybe for someone with no noticeable pores to begin with, this product may seem to make no difference - but I have large pores, and lots of them. I apply this lightly with Everyday Minerals' flat-top brush after using its original mineral foundation and it blurs any remaining pores for me. The sifter jar has too many holes though - because the powder is soooo fine, even with half of the holes taped up I still got too much product. I ended up taping 3/4 of its holes to control the amount and that fixed the problem. Yes, definitely will re-purchase, unless I find something else that is cheaper and works the same.

Being that I had such a positive experience with BEs All Over Face Color in Warmth, and being new to BE, I decided to try this, since I was in the market for a finishing powder. (I am really behind and missed the train when everyone jumped on the BE wagon-and am just starting to experiment). This was not a winner, however. Despite what some others have experienced with it being translucent and airbrushed looking, on me it didnt live up to the hype. I have dry, sensitive skin, and usually use Laura Mercier Mineral powder as foundation, which has never accentuated dryness. After using mineral veil over LM, I noticed it accentuated any rough/dry areas, and even seemed to cause some flakiness. It also looked powdery on me, even when using the lightest hand, and lightened my complexion, which are both negative qualities in my book. I have since discovered MACs Mineralized Natural Skin Finish, which gives me the airbrushed and gorgeous finish I was looking for without all the mess of a loose powder.

on 12/1/2008 11:43:00 PM

I really like this powder! It lost a lippie for the packaging, as I feel most of bare mineral's products are messy to use. However, this does a nice job of setting my makeup. I highly recommend!

on 5/2/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was disappointed with this product because I've heard of so many great things about it. When I first started using it, I thought it was great, light and sheer. I do have sensitive skin and breakout easily- thank god I didn't start breaking out, but my skin did become dry and flakey. Sensitive-skin girls, becareful!

on 4/4/2008 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i don't like BE but i do like the mineral veil. it does in fact keep oil and shine in check while setting your mmu. it works well, but there are other mmu setting/finishing powders of better quality and better price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product, but it makes me itch! I just want to claw my face off after applying. Still, it does set my makeup, keep oil at bay, and lasts all day. I have an oily t-zone and I don't have to repowder during the day after using this. Still, I'd love to find a version that doesn't make me itch.