3.7

$25.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

Honestly not sure why I gave this a shot after a long time. I remember my sister using bare minerals back in 2012 but I never paid much attention. I just knew the bare minerals line is a fan favourite I picked this up from Sephora not having high hopes. I only kept it because I looked at the price and ingredients (this is key~) I used it only 2.5 weeks and I can't believe how flawless and airbrushed I look. it's the ingredients that keep my skin so smooth and silky. The corn and zea mays is what makes me stay so matte while blurring my imperfections. I have acne scarring and textured skin but this makes my skin look less aggressive and bumpy. Keeps oil at bay. I used to use 2 blotting sheets by 2/3 hours but I can blot in 4/5 hours and it takes one sheet. I love this so much. For $32 CAD and quite a bit of powder, it will last for a while. I'd say it's worth the money!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

6 months ago

Having wrinkles and dry, sensitive skin creates a problem when using powder. You need to set creme products so that they last, but if the powder is too drying, it causes the wrinkles to be more evident. If the powder is full of perfume and talc, there goes all of that hard skincare work. This powder is the closest to perfection that I have found. It tends to look dry at applying, but I've also noticed that after a few hours, the dryness vanishes and my skin looks absolutely natural. It holds up in the hottest of weather too. It hasn't caused me acne and irritation like all the others. It matches nicely, where as most powders make me look like Casper. I haven't had any flashback in photos. No a fan of the price, or the packaging. A little too expensive for the quantity and ingredients, and the packaging is as messy as could be. For the performance, I'll accept the cons. This product is for if nothing else works. I'll be keeping my eyes out for a more cost effective alternative.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

After 20 years of trying to keep my foundation and powders from melting in the humid and sweaty climate of Singapore, I finally gave up. No more liquid or powder foundations for me. Forget about full coverage and hiding pores. I now only use the Original Veil as my powder. It helps brighten your face in a nice no makeup way and mattify the skin. I use it under my eyes as well to seal my concealer. And I love it. Just not a fan of the packaging. It's difficult to dispense the powder so I have to shake it all over like a madwoman to get the powder out.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

I grabbed this in a 500 point Sephora set of 5 BM products... I was never into the BM rage awhile back, but I do like the products I have tried. This looks nice lightly pressed into the skin with a large fluffy brush, and gives a nice smooth finish..I doubt I would repurchase as I have so many other amazing finishing/blurring type powders that i like more, but I do recommend this product to anyone looking for a mid end nice blurring powder.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Wow where has this been my whole life. Will totally buy again. Sets my foundation and gives me a glowy look. Some days I do a bit of concealer and this on top, my perfect foundation free face :)

About reviewer (519 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0

2 years ago

I'm quite used to BareMinerals powders, their eyeshadows are my personal favorite, but despite having multiple pots of this from various kits, I've never bothered with it. My assumption was that a powder foundation finisher would get cakey over liquid foundation. But recently I tired of my ELF HD powder and I decided I might as well try this. When I use this with an SPF foundation it seems to cling more, but with a thinner foundation it applies beautifully and sets makeup flawlessly. I can't tell if it's even there, and I haven't noticed any extra oily spots. It's not the HG powder I'm looking for, but if you want it to set makeup, it does the job well. I give this a 3 because I think there are better powders out there, not because I don't like it. I have at least four of these so no need for more, but the price is silly to me, with all setting powders really. I like that this is meant for powder makeup because it helps blush and highlight blend better, but unless you use powder foundation, you don't necessarily need this.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

I really wanted to like this brand because it is suppose to be more natural and good for skin. I got the trial version in medium nor i did not like the finish nor the coverage. Thats too bad

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I really like this setting powder. I use it over my tinted moisturizer and I find I don't have to blot my oily T-zone nearly as much as usual. The powder itself it very light, I can't even notice it on my skin at all, the finish is natural not too matte or dewy. No powdery look or emphasis on my dry spots, this does not offer any coverage imo it is just to set your foundation or TM. Would repurchase. Edit - ugh I'm so sad. I had suspected this was breaking me out but I was denying it and placing the blame on my elaborate skincare routine instead. But after changing things around I have to admit that it is this powder that is causing my breakouts. It appears to be the cornstarch in it that is the problem. This is still an absolutely wonderful powder and if you have no issues with cornstarch I highly recommend it. Sadly I cannot use it. I will be trying some of bare minerals other products such as their original powder foundation which does not contain cornstarch.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

One of my favorite setting powders. Laura Mercer is my HG, however the mineral veil is an affordable alternative. The powder is very thin and feels nice on my skin. It is not overly drying either. I have combination skin so it's difficult to find powders that don't over dry and also that help soak up some oil. The only issue I have is that I do feel it may be very slightly pigmented. I do appear a bit paler than without it.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

3 years ago

Skip this if you have oily or combination skin. It just exacerbates both skin types. It sops up excess oil (and any moisture in your skin along with it). Without fail, after just a couple of uses, my skin begins to look dry, cracked and flaky up close, and then produces even more oil to compensate. Ultimately this powder leaves my skin much worse off than before. Since the skin becomes oilier, you will be inclined to reach for this powder more often, which just makes everything worse. It's a vicious cycle. It also claims to "minimize pores and fine lines". I don't believe this to be true. It is quite expensive at $23 (considering it is essentially just corn starch), but it causes so many skin problems for me that I wouldn't use it even if it were free. That said, if you happen to be blessed with normal, well-balanced skin you could probably use this powder to set your makeup. It's my opinion that everyone else should avoid it, especially if you struggle with oiliness or combination skin.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool