Weleda Weleda Citrus Deodorant

Weleda Weleda Citrus Deodorant

3.3

SD Alcohol 38B (from grain), Water, Lemon Juice, Vegetable Glycerine and Natural Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite deodorants. It's not perfect but it's close.

I'm not using aluminum based deodorants anymore because we don't really know the risks. They might be perfectly safe but I'm just choosing to go the "natural" route.

This smells so great and fresh! Yes, it stings right after you shave but I mean, it's got alcohol so obviously it's going to sting a little. Not a problem for me. Also, it's not a traditional antiperspirant so you're going to sweat a little but I freshen up with it a couple of times during the day and for me, it works awesome. So refreshing. I like the glass bottle too, a little luxe.

Also, antiperspirants can leave yellow stains on clothes and I don't want to ruin my good shirts so this works perfectly to prevent that as well. Overall a great deodorant!

on 10/17/2016 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I agree with other reviewers that the deodorizing effect is not good enough, and that it stings in your armpits after shaving. It does smell nice and refreshing, but it doesn't make it to my favorites list. Didn't expect such an aggressive product from Weleda. I will use it up though, since I don't think it's horrible. As a body mist, I think the scent is a little too detergenty instead of perfumy.

Pro:
- nice scent
- natural and cruelty free

Con:
- stings and could be too aggressive for sensitive skin
- glass bottle is too vulnerable to toss in your sports bag
- effect is not good enough

Great smell, works ok in combination with Lush aromaco (first layer lush, second layer weleda, reapply weleda) or by itself if reapplying every two hours. I actually don't like this one in the winter. I think it works better when your armpits a "free to breathe". The Weleda Sage works better but smells like hell!

on 2/12/2014 9:14:00 PM

Deodorant for your pits? No no. Refreshing body mist and perfume? Yes!!!

I cant believe they market this as deodorant...really Weleda, really? Its alcohol, water and essential oils. That doesnt make a deodorant, just a nice smelling mist and perfume. Thats what I use it for because its nice and refreshing. I just wish it came in a plastic bottle so I wouldnt be so paranoid about it breaking in my handbag.

on 9/1/2012 7:37:00 PM

Besides potassium alums, this was the first non-antipersperant deodorant I tried. It was a fail: didn't last long and stung after shaving (active ingredient is alcohol). Scent was just okay, and I like citrus scents in general.

This concern probably doesn't apply to many, but I also felt like I was accidentally inhaling it when I sprayed it on. Note that it contains irritants: d-limonene, linalool, geraniol, citral, farnesol. I think most of those are just natural components of the lemon peel oil, but I really don't want them getting in my airways since I'm asthmatic.

Hope that helps someone. I'm going back to crystal (potassium alum) for now.

on 1/22/2012 8:38:00 PM

The scent of this is invigorating, just like spraying a spritz of gin and tonic at my arm pits! Sadly it does nothing to keep even the faintest odour at bay, Pit Rok is far better, I always remain fresh smelling with that.
I should think that the alcohol content might be irratating after a while of using it as well. Such a shame. Back to Pit Rock.

on 10/16/2011 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Don't you just hate it when you start out really liking a product, only to have it stop working altogether. It's such a random thing & so unexpected. I used this deodorant for over a year & then it just stopped working. I hadn't changed anything so it didn't appear my chemistry was altered in any way. I just felt it was no longer doing it's just job so I had to stop buying it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Smells very nice but this is it. It brought me an allergy and it is very expensive.

on 11/22/2010 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Doesn't do anything to fight bad smell. It gave me a burning feeling underarms, too.

on 5/27/2010 10:25:00 PM

Doesn't hold up on it's own but it's a nice back up for the Alvera unscented roll-on ( the only natural deodorant I found that works on wetness and odor). Initially it does smell like lemons and alcohol, but the alcohol smell faded and then it smells very faintly of lemons. I wish the scent was stronger & lasted a little longer. I do go through quite a bit of this since it takes 4-5 sprays to cover an underarm the way it comes out, and the large bottle is only 3.4 ounces. It's expensive at Whole Foods (around $12), but you can get it from vitacost.com, swansonvitamins.com or iherb.com for around $6. I will probably continue to buy it since I love the lemon scent.