Certain Dri

Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 7/26/2016 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

miracle product! I used to have such sweaty armpits, it was so embarrassing, but now I barely sweat at all. I forget how sweaty my pits used to be lol. I loved it so much that I've recommended it to many people

on 6/8/2016 8:38:00 PM

I have NEVER wrote a review a day in my life. Never felt the need to.. heres a little backround about me. I am 23 years old and have been suffering since puberty with extremely sweaty underarms.. literally put a shirt on and 5 minutes later would have sweat spots for no reason at all.. i would just sweat and sweat and sweat. i got to the point that i bout inserts to absorb my sweat and i even sweat through those.. there was nights i would spend researching hyperhydrosis. recently I started working in sales and i am required to wear a bright blue shirt daily and i almost was dreading it because of my puddles under my arms... i went out and spent 30 dollars in deoderants to find something that worked... nothing.

FINALLY i came across this product!!!!! OMG it is a life saver ive been using it for a week and ive worn colors that i have never worn before i have worn clothes i never dreamed of wearing . . i can raise my hands up high and not worry if its wet. i cried when it actually worked

To Read all 533 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/31/2016 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Say what you want about potential health risks associated with using anti-persperients but this WORKS. Sweating helps get rid of toxins the body creates as well as regulate temperature but sometimes you just don't want soaked underarms. This will probably help. Don't apply on freshly shaven underarms, trust me. Apply on freshly washed underarms at bedtime and wake up with totally dry underarms. The body isn't stupid, though, and it will compensate by redirecting moisture to other places like the hands, chest, back, groin, and feet so experiment with this for a while to see how you react. It may be very itchy upon application. Bear with it and don't apply RIGHT before bed so your sleep isn't disturbed. A great basic. Will repurchase.

P.S. if this doesn't work, try Botox. Talk to your doctor :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My armpits sweat all the time for no reason. This is the ONLY thing that works. I use the roll on. It must be applied SPARINGLY to dry armpits. Use just a tiny bit the first time, then work up to using it over most of your armpit. You don't need to roll it on like you would a normal deodorant. Using too much is what causes the burning.

One of my go to products! Warning: Use VERY sparingly as you don't need a lot. This actually prevented me from sweating way too much when I was in costa rica all of last summer and worked marvelously.

Effectiveness: 10/10
Packaging: 9/10

on 4/20/2016 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

LOVE Certain Dri; so happy I discovered it a few years ago. My issue wasn't that I sweat a lot, it's that my sweat really stunk. Ruined my clothes, plus I worried about being in close quarters. Very unpleasant. So Certain Dri was a godsend. Here in Texas, where the summers are ferociously hot, I simply can't imagine not using it to save my social life!

I buy the (now thicker formula) roll on, but I remove the roller ball (squeeze the 'neck' with a pair of pliers till it pops out), then pour the liquid into a spray bottle, which makes it easier to manage, and it lasts much longer. I spray one 'spritz' into my hand, rub my hands together, then apply--damp--to my pits. Yes, the drawback is some itchiness but I'll live with that in exchange for its more positive aspects (I keep one of these in my purse for 'pit-itch' because it doesn't damage my skin: http://tinyurl.com/z45teg7). The more product used, the itchier it will be; a little goes a long way. Just remember do NOT apply just after shaving, as it does contain alcohol. Discovered this the hard way. Ouch.

The roll on is not formulated with aluminium chlorohydrate or aluminium zirconium (their website says this: "Certain Dri contains the prescription-strength ingredient, aluminum chloride, the most effective active ingredient for treating excessive perspiration.") Not sure if it's any safer. The solid never did anything for me, plus it left white crap on my clothes. I just know for me, the roll on formula works great. I give it two pits up! :)

I wanted this product to work so bad, but instead it dried my armpits and gave me a rash. :(

on 12/8/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

It gets a bit confusing after reading reviews on MUA whether ppl are referring to the roll-on or the solid version (pictured, but has its own review page: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=137630/Certain-Dri-(Stick)/Unlisted-Brand/Deodorants)

So I'll start by saying that I've used both and I hate the roll-on but love the stick. After using another roll-on from Shiseido in Japan, I sort of liked using it over stick, so I bought the roll-on version, esp. since it has such great reviews on Buzzillions and Amazon. Mistake. I've never had an allergic reaction to any skin product in my life, but when I put this on, I got an immediate itch. D: With the stick, I never had this problem.

Both have never stained my clothes or completely stopped my perspiration. I still sweat, but I don't smell, so it acts more as a deodorant rather than an antiperspirant for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Here's the thing; my friend and I were in a terrible predicament what with both of us in our late teens and having terrible sweating problems, it wasn't even funny. So we went on a witch- hunt for true antiperspirants and I found this on MakeupAlley.

The reviews seemed good enough, so we searched the stores for Certain Dri and came up empty handed.
We later found out that it was only available in the US and she was going anyway so she picked up some and got one for me.
So I tried it immediately and it worked surprisingly well, considering I put it on the night before!

Now, this works. No question. It's a godsend. I wasn't sweating at all, although I did start sweating a bit more on other parts of my body, like they said on the box, but not that bad. But my only problem is that it dried out my pits a bit and made them itch so. so. much. I mean, some days were O.K , some days were not. It was kind of annoying but you get to practice self- control. Like other reviewers said, it's a good idea to use a regular deodorant in the morning or when you're not using Certain Dri.
Now that it's autumn, I don't need to use it very often.

Overall, I recommend this for people with bad sweating problems or for summertime. But be warned of the itching and dryness!

on 7/23/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't need this anymore. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I really don't care what my armpits look like. But when I was working in the corporate world this was a lifesaver. I worked with training new employees and and it could become quite nerve-wracking. Sometimes I would find myself sweating through my clothes for no reason at all. I resorted to this as a last resort, and I was very impressed with its wetness controlling abilities.
I never found it to stain clothes or irritate my skin, but I also never put it on right after shaving my armpits. I did apply at on completely dry skin. I used the roll-on version.
If I ever go back to the working world and notice this problem with over sweating I will certainly go back to the certain dri.