4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

This works better than anything I've ever used. You use it at night and stay dry throughout the following day. The downside: it burns! You absolutely cannot use it after shaving or waxing your underarms.... It still burns a bit but it's not unbearable if it's not freshly shaved skin. Despite the burning I still recommend this; I generally use it only in the summer and switch to Dove in cooler months but for effectiveness this is unbeatable.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

1.0
from

4 months ago

Burned my underarms so not recommending it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

8 months ago

If you suffer from hyperhdrosis (excessive sweating) this is ususlly the first thing a specialist will ask you to try. And so I did! This now comes in 3 versions, including prescription strength version containing 12% Aluminum Chloride) and although that one worked, it burned and ended up in the trash! Having learnt my lesson from foolishly throwing myself in at the deep end, I went to Walmart and got the lower strength 'regular' version, problem is the reaction to the lower strength one was no different...despite applying only ever on 100% dry underarms I'd wake up during the night with the sensation of my underarms being on fire! Only my trusty calamine lotion could calm it down. In my case it all went wrong due to night sweats. The formula needs a moisture-free environment which is why it's supposed to be applied on a night when you sweat less. However if like me you suffer from night sweats then this won't be ideal for you as the perspiration produced overnight doesn't give this the chance to be absorbed properly and it starts to irritate. Tried on three seperate occasions and same experience each time. A shame as I'm pretty sure this could otherwise work for me... Selena x  ~ My HG list ~  (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil  2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm  3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum  4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser  5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer  6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash  7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)  8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream  9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion  10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

Not what I expected. I've used Perspirex for last 2.5 years and I loved it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to coop with its high alcohol content any longer so I've looked up MUA reviews and got a Certain Dri Extra Strength. I'm not a sweaty person, I usually don't have to use deodorant daily and I love to buy those that give a couple of days protection. Perspirex was totally water/shower proof and I used it only every 5 days. Certain Dri doesn't work for me at all. When I use it as soon as I get hot I start sweating profoundly and stink like a skunk. No one commented on that, but I have a sensitive nose and I hate being around myself. Surprisingly, when I remove the clothes I've been sweating in I can't detect any smell on them. I don't notice any stinging or any irritation from it, but it definitely doesn't work as an antiperspirant.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I have missed out on this product my whole life! Since my pre-teen years I was suffering from sweaty armpits. It got so bad I couldn’t wear certain colors, shirts, dresses, etc. I was even considering doing Botox but money was an issue. I came across this one as I was desperately trying to find a solution to my sweaty armpits and give it a try. BEST CHOICE I HAVE EVER MADE! I no longer have sweaty armpits. Please give this a try. It will change your life. Don’t be suffering with sweaty armpits. You won’t regret it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

1.0

a year ago

. Ok this stuff burned my underarms and made then super itchy .. back to ban

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This stuff works. I’m always paranoid about getting sweaty and felt like my regular deodorant wasn’t always enough for the hottest days. I read about Certain Dry and tried it out and was impressed. I use it during the summer mostly now. At night I’ll shower, wait until my skin is TOTALLY DRY (a most!) then apply. I usually do this every other night and use my regular Secret during the day as always. I don’t swear at all under my arms with this stuff. A caution though- this stings like crazy if you apply after waxing or shaving

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

Thank the heavens for this product! I bought the roll-on version for a pretty reasonable price. I have hyperhidrosis and it's so bad that I couldn't wear blouses or any material that easily shows where you are sweating, and I almost always have to wear socks and keep dabbing my hands, feet and underarms with tissues or a towel. The product is a clear, liquidy consistency with no scent. As soon as I put this on at night, there is occasionally slight itching. It's not always there, and usually pretty minimal so the benefits definitely outweigh that. But the next morning, I have no sweating AT ALL. I can wear whatever shirt I want, and no matter how much I keep checking, my underarms are dry all day for maybe 2-3 days until I have to reapply again. This stuff also lasts forever since you only use a bit of it every other day or so (or else you might get too itchy). Now I just need to find something for my hands and feet, since it's hard to put this product on them and then not walk around or wash my hands for hours.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3.0
from

2 years ago

They’re serious when they say you need to not use this on freshly shaved armpits. It’s printed right on the container! The itching and burning kept me up at night several times, robbing me of needed sleep. I purchased this to make sure I wasn’t a stinky mess for my wedding, and it worked when applied the night before coupled with Chloe perfumed deodorant during the day. You also need to give it enough time to dry (like stand in front of a fan for five full minutes), or else your armpits will get unbelievably stinky. I really dislike this stuff, but I’ll probably end up buying it again after I forget how darn painful it is.

About reviewer (342 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Best deodorant I've ever used in my life. The directions say to apply at night, and this method really works. My dermatologist told me that antiperspirant works by seeping into sweat glands, and blocking them. Your nervous system then communicates that your body doesn't need to produce sweat since the glands are blocked. My dermatologist said applying deodorant at night is recommended because typically sweat glands aren't active, the problem applying in the morning is that your body is already producing sweat-the antiperspirant won't work as well. What I love about this method and applying it at night is that I don't have deodorant stains on my clothes. I've used this in 95 degree weather while hiking and have been surprised my armpits stayed dry. I've thought about using this on other places I sweat while working out, like my lower back. The first time I used this I applied way too much and my armpits were itchy and dry. A little goes a long way, do not overlap application. Using the right amount I feel no irritation. I would use cautiously if you've experienced sensitivities to deodorant.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral