4.6

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this stuff! I haven't tried it in the "stone" form yet, but I do own the spray and roller and they both work really well for me. In the morning, I either spray or roll the deodorant on to my armpit (about 5-6 spritz or rolls) and it stays effect until the evening! I would however recommend reapplying a second time later in the day if you plan on doing any form of physical activity just because it does wear off (for me, personally) around this time. But, I am still giving it 5 starts because that is still seriously impressive for natural deodorant, and a sacrifice I am willing to make for my health. Odorless, lightweight and refreshing--this stuff can't be beat.

on 5/31/2016 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. Don't buy. I bought both the hard one and the spray and not sure how this got good reviews. I don't sweat much and this was useless like you are not wearing deodorant at all. Actually I even think it made me sweat more.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

This is my staple deodorant- the mist one. If is effective and safe according to EWG. It is just like using table salts on your pits, not anything dangerous like some people think of the misleading aluminum salt name.

on 9/27/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Oh my gosh...FINALLY! I'm a very health-conscious person, and there is no way I'm putting hormone-disrupting, cancer-causing aluminum chlorohydrate and chemicals (propylene glycol is basically anti-freeze) under my arms to Be absorbed into my lymph glands every day. Yuck! So, that means a natural deodorant. A high quality natural organic deodorant is safe, no type of anti-perspiring is. Thus began the loooong search for one that actually stops stinky pits! I've tried Tom's, Arm & Hammer, La Vanilla, Kiss My Face, Scmidt's, Primal Pit Paste, and all varieties that Chagrin Valley makes. Fail, fail, fail. The second best was Chagrin Valley. I like the Citrus Baking soda based one the best, because it actually kept me 90%+ stink-free. Unfortunately, nothing I tried could stop the horribly itchy, stingy, burning rash I continued to get over and over. And I never was happy with the slightly oily stains these cream and oil based deodorants left on my shirts. And they don't come out! Not good. I even tried two that Food Babe recommended-another brand of crystal spray and a cream/stick sage lime one (can't remember the brands). Fail again. I came to MUA looking to see if here was anything new to try in natural deodorants, and came across the stellar reviews for this one. Hmmmm. I was surprised, because I've seen it a million times, but wrote it off because I didn't have a good experience with the other crystal spray (it's in a small rectangular bottle with blue and green labeling). I HAVE tried the solid crystal stone and stick that Thai makes, and liked the results, but don't like the application because I was forever dropping or chipping the solid stick, and when it wears down it gets too small to stay in the container and you have to use it sideways so you don't poke yourself with the point. So about a week or two ago I bought a bottle of the Thai Crystal SPRAY after reading lots of the reviews here (gosh, I really do love and use MUA ALL THE TIME). Well. I'm gob-smacked. This stuff is all the raves say it is. I like the spray coverage as it seems to cover a wider area and I worry less about missing a spot. A quick blast of my blow dryer on high air and low heat dries it quickly so I can get dressed. No oily stains. No visible anything under my arms. No rash. No itching. No burning irritation. I still do sweat a bit, that's natural, good for your body, and needs to be expected when using anything natural deodorant-wise so that isn't a problem for me. The thing that just blows me away though is how totally stink-free I stay for much longer than ANY other anti-perspiring or deodorant I've EVER tried-natural or not! Wow. I'm impressed. In the space of the two weeks I've been using it, the weather has gone from the 50's and chilly to 98 and humid and it's worked great in all situations-sleeveless shirts, sweaters, sleeveless shirts under a light sweater, while sleeping, while working out...I'm just so jkoressed and I wish I had tried this so much sooner. I spray it on in the morning right after I dry off from my shower. Make SURE you have washed thoroughly under your arms because any trace of leftover stinky bacteria will affect your results. I like using a soap with teeny scrubby grains or body wash with a Salux. Super clean pits will give you the best results. The only time I smell a little stinky is when I work out the following morning after having applied the morning before, and hey, I think that's totally allowable and is not a problem for me. This stuff is my absolute HG deodorant now and I am DONE spending and wasting $ to try to find something that hits all the marks on what I want and what I need. This stuff is perfect. Two thumbs WAY up. So thankful for all the wonderful ladies who took the time to write a review on this fabulous product! Works so much better than I ever hoped it would! YAY!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Soooo I've been reading a lot about aluminum causing breast cancer, and my 27 year old cousin found out that she had breast cancer so it was a major wake up call.

I'm stinky. Don't get me wrong, I shower every single day, but my BO is just crazy. I use the highest strength aluminum deodorant available and still stink by the end of the day.

Fast forward to buying this crystal....ummm holy moly this works better than ANYTHING I have ever used. I'm in shock!!! I wish I would have started using this years ago. Let me tell you what I did today(I still have ZERO armpit stink)...went to my brother's house and chased his toddler around while they cleaned their old house that they are moving out of, helped them unload two trailers full of heavy stuff, jumped on trampoline with said toddler, cleaned two bathrooms(I mean really cleaned), and then cleaned their kitchen including scrubbing out an oven and fridge. Then I came home and took my dog around the block twice. I really don't smell. It's the craziest thing!!!! I did sweat, the sweat just doesn't smell. Yewwwww!!!!!!!

on 7/19/2015 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased the spray version at Whole Foods. I apply it immediately after I get out of the shower and dry off. I spray it into my palms and then pat it on. The spray does an excellent job controlling odor.

on 1/30/2015 5:57:00 PM

This stuff is pretty magical. I was skeptical at first because it doesn't prevent sweating, but this seriously does prevent stinkiness! I went jogging in 80F weather yesterday and felt sweaty in my armpits bt I noticed that there was ZERO scent to them! Amazing! I was formerly using Toms of Maine in the apricot scent which I was loving for about 4 months but it started to make my armpits burn and peel. Not good but I wanted to continue to use a natural deodorant so I picked this up at Drug Emporium for $4.50 after seeing reviews for a long time here on MUA. The price is also very good for the product because I feel like this stone will last longer than the typical deodorant "gel". Might need to try out the spray version as well!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've switched over to natural deodorants over the past yr. This has no scent and you have to wet the tip with water. Although this does not have antiperspirant properties, it keeps me from getting stinky. I dont sweat unless I go to the gym anyways. I use this right after my shower. This is the first "rock" deodorant i've ever used. I bought the spray version of this brand that i love as well

on 10/25/2014 7:34:00 PM

I bought this stone deodorant from Whole Foods having high hopes based on the reviews but did absolutely nothing for me. Actually gave me this weird smell...better off using nothing :(

on 8/8/2014 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate to rain on the parade, but this absolutely did not work for me. I tried using it for a week, but kept having to use a backup because it didn't prevent any smell. I showered, dried off, wet the stone and applied/swiped numerous times (up to 50 as one reviewer recommended) and nothing. It made me not smell for about 10 minutes. Most definitely didn't even last through the night as I slept. I would have to wash my under arms in the morning when I woke up and start again to no avail. Then I felt like the stone made me smell quicker. And not just that, I started to notice that I applied to clean and dried armpits and the stone smelled yucky after and I had to keep rinsing it and re-applying two or three times a day to no avail. I kept having to use something else over it. Didn't irritate my skin and it felt like I was wearing nothing. Since you have to wet the stone to apply it took a few minutes to dry down. Now I don't know what to do with it since I lost my receipt and it doesn't work. :(