Old Spice All Products

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Purchased this last week after seeing that some female athletes have been giving OS deodorants high praise. I live in the South West and unfortunately temps are still in the 90's and working at an elementary school I am inside and outside and going after children all day and my deodorant just wasn't cutting it. It would be 3pm and I'd feel wet and smelly and not fresh. (I practically needed a shower after getting home in order to go to the gym)

So I tried Old Spice Wolfthorn. It's slightly citrusy, not overpowering or extremely masculine, though I do like masculine scents as well, and keeps me dry until the end of the day. And best part is that I was able to purchase it at CVS for under $6

I have been a fan of OS for a while. My favorite is Wolfthorn - it has a very pleasant lemony sweet scent. I also like Bearglove. Both are not overly masculine at all, they are absolutely unisex. OS works really well at controlling wetness and odor. I usually shower every day, but on those lazy days when I skip the shower, I find that the deodorant still works without reapplying. With most women's deodorants/antiperspirants I would start smelling funky after about 8 hours, which is not the best thing for a nurse working 12 hour shifts.

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

So overall I can only speak for myself. I've owned Amber, Bali, Denali, Bear Glove, Fiji and they all seem really unisex scents, even though they are targeted toward men. I picked the scents listed because they are not overwhelmingly masculine. They are fresh, soft, and unisex really. I prefer this over the floral, heavy fruitiness, cup cake vanilla scents of women's deodorant, and plus I don't feel that many women's deodorant offer the protection that I need. I know that some people experienced some problems when they were first brought out, but my problem then was that the protection didn't last well. That seems to have improved. I discovered I liked this when I couldn't find the Dove Men's 24hr Anti-perspirant, unscented. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is that it leaves a white residue on clothing if your not careful.

Wolfthorn DEODORANT (not anti-perspirant)

Some history: I have tried every type of pit stuff. Sprays, deodorants, anti-perspirants, organic creams, magnesium oil (only natural thing that works but BURNS), yada yada. I have STRONG body odor, but only a light to medium amount of sweat. Most products both irritate my skin AND don't work.

After reading all the reviews on here, I decided to try Old Spice deodorant. Someone I knew had the Wolfthorn one, so I just tested it that way. I couldn't believe that the smell was so gender neutral! To me, it's like a light Kool-Aid smell. Weird, but great. Most importantly, I didn't stink with this on in 90 degree heat at all during the day. I could only detect a faint odor after I woke up the next morning.

I have since purchased my own and used it for two hot, humid months. All the irritation and clogging I had from thick anti-perspirants is gone. I never smell. My clothes are not ruined. I've barely made a dent in the product. What more can I say? Buy it.

I started using Old Spice Antiperspirant/Deodorant a year ago and haven't looked back. I use the Amber scent, but recently bought Fiji (both of which are quite unisex and great). I used BearGlove (too boyish smelling) and Wolfthorn (didn't like the off-citrus sweet scent).

Pros - good wetness control, lasts long, easy to find & good price

Cons - I do re-apply some days, limited range of scents that are not overtly masculine.

This deodorant really made a difference for me. Try it out if you're tired of the fruity/girly products that just don't control odor or wetness! It's nice to not smell like a rotten fruit halfway through the day now.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Sick of the all typical women scents in deodorants (flowers, powder or fruit smoothies, all nauseating to me) and after being continuously disappointed by their performance and price, I took the plunge and got Hawkridge and Wolfthorn both in the antiperspirant/deodorant combo. Hawkridge works best for me plus I love the smell. It's got a soft sweet scent with a bit of smokey or musky notes. Vanilla or maybe amber? Who knows. To me it's very unisex.
Wolfthorn on the other hand smelled like a bag of candy oddly enough but decided to give it a shot. Living in a hot tropical climate, this one ended up smelling like rancid fruit on me after a while. Blech. It could be my chemistry but it could also be the extreme heat so be warned.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

BE WARNED!!! Read online complaints about Old Spice deodorant, especially if you have sensitive skin (and even if you don't have sensitive skin). Google 'Old Spice deodorant burns' or 'Old Spice deodorant complaints' and you will see what I am talking about. I tried this last Summer bc I sweat like a pig. Used this for about a week and I could not figure out why my left armpit all of the sudden hurt something terrible (as in it even hurt to hold my arm down, I tried to keep my arm elevated!!) and I had about 1 3"x2" rash in my left armpit. I began to have a suspicion that this deodorant was the culprit, as nothing else was new or different in my world or routine, so I googled the above suggestions. Sure enough, there are dozens and dozens of complaints and even some gruesome photos, if you dare to look...

After some more poking around, it looks like this was pulled from the shelves years ago and brought back. I cannot verify this, but it looks like it was pulled because of such similar complaints. Obviously it still is an issue for a lot of people.

Those who use this and swear by it, great!!! But just be warned. And FTR, it is not because it is 'too strong' for a woman. Most of the pictures are men's armpits. Personally I would rather wipe my arms down as needed or even shower twice a day and re-apply my trusty Secret deodorant.......the pain for me was THAT BAD....Who knew a deodorant could put you through so much misery..?!?!?

I was satisfied with OS deodorants, especially with the Bali deodorant, that has beachy, breezy scent. I like that it does not contain aluminium (not the ones with the red plugs), but I don't like stains on my clothes. It stained all of my white shirts, and that's a big reason for me to not buying it anymore. The packaging is also not the best.

MUA reviews led me to try this antiperspirant deodorant. I suffer with excessive sweating and have all of my life. The clinical strength antiperspirants for women seemed to be less effective for me recently, so I was looking for something stronger which was easily available in the drugstore. I had never given a thought to trying a product specifically for men until I saw the glowing reviews that this range received here.

When I tried this for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. I chose Hawkridge for its warm vanilla smell which was not too masculine. I did like the way that this stick applied clear, I get so tired of white marks all over my clothing from regular cream antiperspirants.

Halfway through my work day (after eating lunch outside in high heat and humidity) I feel a lot less damp under my arms than I would usually (which is a blessing) and so far so good. The scent of this is not overpowering, in fact I cannot smell this at all unless I really get close to my clothing.

Since I first started using this, I have not given a second thought to my deodorant. Usually about halfway through the day I would start to feel paranoid and keep checking myself but I no longer have to do that. I will keep on purchasing this as long as I can find it in stores.

I do have a small complaint about the mechanism for pushing up the deodorant. Mine became very stiff and required two hands to turn it. After about 2 weeks this broke entirely and I had to remove it. So now I have to push up the stick from the inside using the handle of a toothbrush. Annoying, but it solves the problem for now! This would not stop me purchasing this in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had been using these for a few months in different scents. I wasn't keen on Wolfthorn as my brain kept telling me it smelled like orange Gatorade. I didn't mind the pine/mint scented one (can't remember what name it has), but my favourite was the Blackcurrent Amber (I love anything Amber). Suddently after months of being ok with it, this deoderant began causing an angry excoriated rash to form in my pits. In the middle of summer too. I treated it with straight Tamanu Oil (my all purpose skin rescue remedy) and just "freshened up" the area with a soft water soaked cloth as needed. Once the blistered skin healed, I tried a few other natural brands of deoderant, and then after several failures at a few price points, I switched back to Kiss My Face roll on deoderant (and ultimately discovered their uscented one to be my new favourite). Up until my skin decided it did not like Old Spice deoderant, I would have recommended it to anyone since drugstore deoderant for women is next to impossible to find, and I don't want to wear antipersirant daily. If you have skin that is super sensitive, this may not be a good deoderant choice.

Popular Deodorants