Trish McEvoy Brush Bath

No Image

4.9

Water (aqua), ammonium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, ethoxydiglycol, witch hazel (hamamelis virginiana) extract, polyquaternium-7, tetasodium edta, peppermint, polysorbate 20, lavender (lavendula angustifo- lia) oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

on 7/3/2012 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this brush bath! I cleaned some heavily used brushes with a small amount of this and now they look almost new! Totally recommend it.

on 3/7/2011 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Like a previous reviewer said, I'm fanatical about my makeup brushes. I own over 100, and they're all very high-end. I would never dream of washing my precious brushes with baby shampoo, Dawn, or hair conditioner...I firmly believe that brush cleaner is the best solution for washing makeup brushes.

I've used many brush cleaners in my time, my past favorites being MAC, Shu Uemura, and Brush Off. And I now feel that the Trish McEvoy Brush Bath is the best of all, for these reasons:

--It foams up very well on the first lather, every time.

--It removes greasy makeup stains with ease, on all types of brush hair.

--It rinses cleanly and easily (don't you hate how it takes forever to rinse all the suds out with some brush cleaners? I never have that problem with Trish.)

--And it conditions the brushes better than ANY other cleaner I've ever used. I have a large collection of blue squirrel and kolinsky brushes, and Brush Bath leaves them soft as a baby's bottom, every time. I've done side-by-side comparisons, washing identical brushes with two different cleansers, and the brushes washed with Brush Bath are visibly softer and smoother, with each hair perfectly in place.

The price is pretty steep...$20 for a 4 oz. bottle. But you only need the tiniest drop for each brush. I really like the packaging, too, since the small hole allows you to dispense the exact amount of product needed, so there's no waste. The white rectangular bottle is stylish and compact, and the Brush Bath has a faint peppermint scent that doesn't linger in the brushes. I will repurchase again and again.

on 12/27/2009 7:48:00 PM

If there is Holy Grail of brush cleaners, this is it! I also have the Trish McEvoy Makeup Brush Cleaner. Instead of having a separate review for that, I’ll just integrate that into this review. The Brush Bath is a thick, shampoo like cleanser. You only need a pea size amount for a face brush and even less for an eye brush, so the bottle will last a long time.

I use the Makeup Brush Cleaner on a daily basis to clean my brushes in between colors if I need to reuse the same brush. The MBC comes in a spray form, so it is easy to use without drenching your brush. I deep clean my brushes at least once a week with the Brush Bath to clean out what the MBC missed. The MBS is very similar to MAC’s Brush Cleaner in consistancy (soapy water).

Though baby shampoo is recommended by many different people, the Brush Bath not only cleans your brushes thoroughly, it conditions them as well. It keeps your bristles fresh and new.

on 11/12/2009 10:22:00 AM

I have about 20+ brushes and most of them are high end brushes. I was so disappointed from most of them because they do not look or work as good as it use to be. I washed all of my brushes the night I got this product; and most of them are alive again!!! I use to use shampoo to wash my brushes very often, and I didn't know it would make them too dry and lose the shininess. This trish brush shampoo will not only keep your brush look and work as good as new, it is anti-bacteria too. The bottle look very small but all you need is only a size of a dime and it can clean a blush brush thoroughly. So the price is not bad at all. Highly recommanded :).

on 10/15/2008 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

BEST BRUSH CLEANER EVER! Cleans the bristle completely and makes them softer after. My only complaint is that the little cap on the neck of the bottle often ends up inside but it's not a big deal.

on 6/20/2005 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a good brush cleaner for weekly washings. It's got a shampoo consistency, so I pour a tiny bit in a glass, then run some water full blast to get some lather, and put my brushes in the glass to soak for a bit. It really gets everything out. My only complaint is that it does take a while to rinse out the brushes - it's very concentrated so even with a tiny amount there's a good deal of soap left on the brushes.

This is the best! You can see all those dirt when you rinse. It's so effective that I use this sparingly when i wash my brushes. A must have item!

on 6/12/2004 6:09:00 PM

I am fanatical about my make up brushes. I have always washed them with shampoo. I wished I had tried this product sooner. It cleans the brush so much better than shampoo.

You apply a small amount into your palm,swirl the brush hairs in a circular motion, then rinse and reshape.