Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Super Skinny SerumSuper Skinny Serum

4.4

Not tested on animals

Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first tried this when a hair stylist recommended it to me a few years ago. I love this stuff for many reasons, but I only gave it 4 lippies because it has silicone and I'm not fond of putting that on my hair as it builds up over a few uses unless you use a good cleansing shampoo. I don't flat iron my hair, I'm old school and use a barrel curling iron to create large layered waves. This works for that style, makes my hair look shiny and smooth, eliminates frizzing, smells fantastic with a scent that lingers. As other reviewers have said, don't overuse or you get oily looking flat patches. And if you shower/wash your hair daily, you can't use this daily because it does build up. I use it about 1-2X a week during the summer.

Pros:

Softens, shines and eliminate frizzy ends really well
Does not prevent curling heating tools from working
Smells awesome (fruitylicious)

Cons:

More expensive than other DS brands, but I find it's worth the extra
Silicone based
Smaller bottle (5oz) than the usual 8 oz for styling products, for less product for your money

Smells great
Doesn't feel heavy
Isn't sticky
Non greasy
I apply one pump to my damp hair after I shower and when im ready to flat iron....OMG MY HAIR IS SUPER SLEEK AND SHINY AND STAYS THIS WAY FOR AT LEAST 3DAYS!
$19.95 @ the salon in Walmart.

on 1/21/2017 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Makes my fine, thin hair look very, very flat. I just wanted something to smooth my flyaways.

However it does make your hair look much glossier and smoother and will last the entire day so may work for those with more hair, natural volume or curly hair. For anyone with fine, Asian hair you may want to steer clear as there are other products that will smooth hair without eliminating ALL the volume in your hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This serum is crazy good for my hair, which is very thick and dense and prone to flyaways. I shampoo and condition, then gently wring out my hair; a few minutes later, I apply a half pump to the ends and middle, plus a very small amount to the roots and the top of my head. I massage it in thoroughly, tousle, then backcomb. My hair has just the right amount of volume without being frizzy or fluffy, even in some really bad humidity, and it's so soft and smooth that I can't stop petting it. No visible split ends. People have asked me what I use in my hair. Worth the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this again, and boy am I glad I did!

Recently, I decided to reevaluate my hair care routine, as I am no longer using color. I am quite mature, and my hair is now completely gray/silver. It is
coarse in texture and naturally wavy, so I blow dry and flat iron. I am also still blessed with very thick hair.

I was using Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Oil plus Chi Straight Guard for styling when I was still having my hair colored, but lately I've noticed a build-up and dullness. I was at Ulta, purchasing the Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three, when I noticed the "buy 2 get 1 free" promotion. Who can pass that up, right? When I saw the Super Skinny Serum, I recalled using it about 8 years ago and I used to LOVE it. Bought it.

After using it 3 times, I am back in love again! Only one pump delivers all I need for my mid-length hair. My hair us left soft and shiny, with plenty of movement. Also, it shortens my blow dry time which is great for those with thick hair. It has a light,watermelon fragrance.

Some may think it pricey. I bought the medium size for USD 15.00. At one pump per use, it's a good value. And, I was so happy to be reunited with an old love of mine. Highly recommend this product!

By the way, if frizz from humidity is a concern, trust me, it's one of mine too! I mean, frizzy gray hair just isn't good. I used this product twice this week when it was raining/snowing, and my hair stayed smooth.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Been through 2 bottles of this serum. Other than this, I try to limit silicones. Excellent for post-heat treatment, whether it be flat or curling iron...softens hair without weighing down. Excessive use, however, is not desirable. Thus, I recommend using no more than one to two doses, which suffices for my rather thick hair.

on 6/21/2016 11:31:00 AM

I love this product! Tames frizz and keeps my hair shiney. I apply a little to damp hair prior to blow drying and then I apply it as needed to dry hair. It does not build up or give me the greasy look. Love the smell, too.

on 11/23/2016 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Just started using this recently and love how my hair feels afterwards. I have fine hair and it works great. I have tried a few other serums but they make my hair too oily and weigh it down. But this one actually seems to add a bit volume while making my hair shiny!! I use it on wet hair before blow drying and it makes a big differenc. Definitely will be buying more when I run outb

This is my most loved, most purchased hair product. I've bought about five bottles first one was about ten years ago. Price wise it's expensive upfront but one bottle last me one and half years with everyday personal use. Considering all the new oils and serums I have purchased on the side. Egh, the whole morrocan, macadamia, aargan, etc phase is over, just a marketing scheme to sell the old idea of silicone oils/serums at a higher price. Don't get fooled, your just paying 50 dollars for exotic lovely scented..... silicones!
I have thin blonde waist length hair. This never makes my hair look or feel greasy. I use a dime size, about half a pump a full pump is a little bit bigger than a quarter for thicker hair. I have used this on native american, natural hair, thin fine, course thick and frizzy hair. This is just a spectacular styling serum they make my blow outs special and sleek. The smell is similar to Jolly Ranchers but doesn't carry out too much on the hair. Everyone always really likes the smell. I absolutely love this I hope it's never discontinued, everyone always ask me how I get my hair so straight and shiny. My friends beg me to do their hair with this. I usually just apply it after showering let air dry then iron it when dried. It's manages to keep it straight and prefect all day.

PRO'S
Smells great
Actually protects against heat damaged it's all I use
Leaves hair really soft and sleek
Speeds up drying time
Lightweight enough for really thin hair don't apply on roots if you do!
Actually straightens hair
Kills frizz like noones business
Stops hair from curling or frizzing up in humid climates
Makes ends or damaged hair appear shiny healthier and hydrated

Con's

Can cause build up and greasy if too much is applied
Can't flip out ends alot or curl hair, use hot rollers, etc but duh why would you even try that. Defeats the purpose.

*update*
Amazon buyer beware of the fakes on the website. I just got a fake bottle it most be diluted or something it doesn't smell as strong and sweet and feels way thicker. It's usually a tad runny this is super thick like they add cheap gel or silicone in it. Wtf. Terrible.
I think a girl below might of got a fake too because she said it was super thick and the legit one is quite thin. Im only buying from the salon from now on.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!! It improved the quality of my hair and added shine, bounce and life back to my hair. It also reduces the tangles which abundant in my hair.

Popular Styling Products