Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Super Skinny SerumSuper Skinny Serum

4.4

Not tested on animals

Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclotrisiloxane, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Doesn't work for me. I have highly porous hair and I find this serum to be extremely drying and causing a skin rash on my neck.

Love this product. I use it after I washed my hair. I apply it to the ends of my hair and blow try it. It makes my hair look shiny and less dry. I already bought a second bottle for if I run out of the other one.

on 12/11/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. I apply it to my hair when it's damp, out of the shower after it's dried a little bit. I only apply it to the bottom/lower section of my hair of course. When I wake up in the morning my hair looks great, the bottom is shiny and looks healthy. It makes it look like I have no split ends.
I used to use this in dry hair and it was a bit overpoweringly shiny for me but I definitely recommend this for wet hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first tried this when a hair stylist recommended it to me a few years ago. I love this stuff for many reasons, but I only gave it 4 lippies because it has silicone and I'm not fond of putting that on my hair as it builds up over a few uses unless you use a good cleansing shampoo. I don't flat iron my hair, I'm old school and use a barrel curling iron to create large layered waves. This works for that style, makes my hair look shiny and smooth, eliminates frizzing, smells fantastic with a scent that lingers. As other reviewers have said, don't overuse or you get oily looking flat patches. And if you shower/wash your hair daily, you can't use this daily because it does build up. I use it about 1-2X a week during the summer.

Pros:

Softens, shines and eliminate frizzy ends really well
Does not prevent curling heating tools from working
Smells awesome (fruitylicious)

Cons:

More expensive than other DS brands, but I find it's worth the extra
Silicone based
Smaller bottle (5oz) than the usual 8 oz for styling products, for less product for your money

Smells great
Doesn't feel heavy
Isn't sticky
Non greasy
I apply one pump to my damp hair after I shower and when im ready to flat iron....OMG MY HAIR IS SUPER SLEEK AND SHINY AND STAYS THIS WAY FOR AT LEAST 3DAYS!
$19.95 @ the salon in Walmart.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this again, and boy am I glad I did!

Recently, I decided to reevaluate my hair care routine, as I am no longer using color. I am quite mature, and my hair is now completely gray/silver. It is
coarse in texture and naturally wavy, so I blow dry and flat iron. I am also still blessed with very thick hair.

I was using Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Oil plus Chi Straight Guard for styling when I was still having my hair colored, but lately I've noticed a build-up and dullness. I was at Ulta, purchasing the Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three, when I noticed the "buy 2 get 1 free" promotion. Who can pass that up, right? When I saw the Super Skinny Serum, I recalled using it about 8 years ago and I used to LOVE it. Bought it.

After using it 3 times, I am back in love again! Only one pump delivers all I need for my mid-length hair. My hair us left soft and shiny, with plenty of movement. Also, it shortens my blow dry time which is great for those with thick hair. It has a light,watermelon fragrance.

Some may think it pricey. I bought the medium size for USD 15.00. At one pump per use, it's a good value. And, I was so happy to be reunited with an old love of mine. Highly recommend this product!

By the way, if frizz from humidity is a concern, trust me, it's one of mine too! I mean, frizzy gray hair just isn't good. I used this product twice this week when it was raining/snowing, and my hair stayed smooth.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This serum is crazy good for my hair, which is very thick and dense and prone to flyaways. I shampoo and condition, then gently wring out my hair; a few minutes later, I apply a half pump to the ends and middle, plus a very small amount to the roots and the top of my head. I massage it in thoroughly, tousle, then backcomb. My hair has just the right amount of volume without being frizzy or fluffy, even in some really bad humidity, and it's so soft and smooth that I can't stop petting it. No visible split ends. People have asked me what I use in my hair. Worth the price!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Been through 2 bottles of this serum. Other than this, I try to limit silicones. Excellent for post-heat treatment, whether it be flat or curling iron...softens hair without weighing down. Excessive use, however, is not desirable. Thus, I recommend using no more than one to two doses, which suffices for my rather thick hair.

on 1/21/2017 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Makes my fine, thin hair look very, very flat. I just wanted something to smooth my flyaways.

However it does make your hair look much glossier and smoother and will last the entire day so may work for those with more hair, natural volume or curly hair. For anyone with fine, Asian hair you may want to steer clear as there are other products that will smooth hair without eliminating ALL the volume in your hair.

on 11/23/2016 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Just started using this recently and love how my hair feels afterwards. I have fine hair and it works great. I have tried a few other serums but they make my hair too oily and weigh it down. But this one actually seems to add a bit volume while making my hair shiny!! I use it on wet hair before blow drying and it makes a big differenc. Definitely will be buying more when I run outb

Popular Styling Products