Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Super Skinny SerumSuper Skinny Serum

4.4

Not tested on animals

Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclotrisiloxane, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol.

on 4/3/2019 6:47:00 PM

I have thin, long, dry, black hair. I prefer to straighten it. I like a sleek, shiny, bone straight look. My hair stylist used this on my hair. I was shocked. It left my hair sooo shiny and straight but not weighed down and oily. It, also, protects and detanlges the hair. I immediately purchased it. You only need one pump maybe half a pump if your hair is short. I spread this evenly through my hair root to ends. My hair looks soo nice when I use this.

Pros:
Leaves hair sleek and shiny, not oily.
Al little goes a long way, so the price is justified. This will last forever.
Protects from heat damage.
Keeps my hair from frizzing in humidity.

Cons:
None!

I love this stuff. If you straighten your hair this is a must try!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I go to a Paul Mitchell salon and my hair stylist always uses this prior to blow drying. It detangles my hair while certainly speeding up my blow drying time without leaving my thick but stick straight hair really weighed down. I got the little travel sized bottle from Ulta for about $7 and since the product is so concentrated I know it will last me a while.

on 2/4/2019 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This serum is fantastic . I have very thick Indian hair and most serums really don’t do much for my hair, other than heat protection. This serum left my hair gorgeously shiny after blow drying. I also tried it on my hair while air drying and it still imparted this gorgeous shine that I had never seen before, even with my kenra and biosilk serums. This is a definite HG product and I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/3/2019 11:22:00 AM

I purchased this before and didn't care for it. While waiting in line at Ulta, I saw this in the travel size bin and bought it. I believe in 2nd chances and glad my gut told me this would work. My menopausal hair has been through a lot in the last few years. This skinny serum was the ticket. It has left my hair with a new shine and manageability like no one's business. Just a little amount on my dry ends is what works for me. Definitely a repurchase.

Super skinny serum is my go to for doing blow outs on my thick, curly girls! This product is amazing for anyone who battles frizz even after a good blow dry. This product is typically applied to damp hair before the blow dry and can help make the hair softer, smoother, and more manageable. This product gets five stars all the way around. The product does what it is advertised to do, the packaging is perfect for selecting just the right amount to be worked through the hair, and it is fairly priced because a little goes a long way (imho). When using this product to keep in mind to focus it on the ends up ways toward the root but not at all focusing on the rootage but not missing it either (if that makes sense) because it cause heaviness especially near the scalp and appear oily on the hair. I highly recommend this product for anyone who has extra-wavy to extra curly hair that is medium to thick for shine, softness, smoothness, and manageability. I would not recommend this for finer hair textures because it can be a little heavy and weigh the strands down and can make finer hair look limp and lifeless. Two thumbs up. Almost anytime I do a blow out, I run to this product because it is suitable for so many different hair textures and types.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love it! My hair is very long and thick. I can't wash it often because it dries out quickly. When I do wash it, it takes a long time to dry it and straighten it. And even after it's straightened, it'll get frizzy after a few hours. It's exhausting. I tried applying this serum on my damp hair, but it did nothing to it. So instead I tried applying it to my hair after it was straightened and it worked great! My hair did not get frizzy. But I have to admit, I had to use 4 pumps of it in order for it to work. Understandable since my hair is long and thick. I will be using this product often and I will surely buy more!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Doesn't work for me. I have highly porous hair and I find this serum to be extremely drying and causing a skin rash on my neck.

Love this product. I use it after I washed my hair. I apply it to the ends of my hair and blow try it. It makes my hair look shiny and less dry. I already bought a second bottle for if I run out of the other one.

on 12/11/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. I apply it to my hair when it's damp, out of the shower after it's dried a little bit. I only apply it to the bottom/lower section of my hair of course. When I wake up in the morning my hair looks great, the bottom is shiny and looks healthy. It makes it look like I have no split ends.
I used to use this in dry hair and it was a bit overpoweringly shiny for me but I definitely recommend this for wet hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first tried this when a hair stylist recommended it to me a few years ago. I love this stuff for many reasons, but I only gave it 4 lippies because it has silicone and I'm not fond of putting that on my hair as it builds up over a few uses unless you use a good cleansing shampoo. I don't flat iron my hair, I'm old school and use a barrel curling iron to create large layered waves. This works for that style, makes my hair look shiny and smooth, eliminates frizzing, smells fantastic with a scent that lingers. As other reviewers have said, don't overuse or you get oily looking flat patches. And if you shower/wash your hair daily, you can't use this daily because it does build up. I use it about 1-2X a week during the summer.

Pros:

Softens, shines and eliminate frizzy ends really well
Does not prevent curling heating tools from working
Smells awesome (fruitylicious)

Cons:

More expensive than other DS brands, but I find it's worth the extra
Silicone based
Smaller bottle (5oz) than the usual 8 oz for styling products, for less product for your money

Popular Styling Products