Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel
Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel

3.0

I originally bought this product and applied it as directed,like a spot treatment. This was a big mistake it made my skin dry, flaky and the worst condition I'd ever seen it in. Basically I decided acne was okay so long as my skin didn't look the way this product made it. I even considered returning this product to the drugstore which I always have too much pride to do.

Fast forward to 6 months later and my sister tells me she mixes a tiny dot of this stuff into her daily and nightly moisturizer. Though skeptical I tried that and it was a game changer. Seriously all my zits are gone if I do that morning and night but we are talking the smallest dot you can squeeze out, then mix with a quarter-toonie size of moisturizer and you're good to go.

I would recommend this product or any Benmzoyl Peroxide product for this purpose. I like this one because it has a lower 2.5% concentration then some brands and if you are going to use it day and night it's best to keep it low.

Overall: Godsend for cystic and everyday acne when used max 2 times a day in small quantities with moisturizer.

This actually works amazingly. I typically don't get pimples but when I do, just put a tiny tab of this on.. it's basically gone the next day. Love it!

on 4/21/2017 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A littlw background history; I bought this when I was in the United States because at some point I had a total breakout, pimples keep poppin' everyday which made me very uncomfortable and lost my self confidence. I came into this product, and yes, I bought this product, didn't care about the price, because I've been using one of the its brands ever since and it worked out perfectly fine on me.

What I can say? Well, this product was a total bummer. Everyday before I put on my make up, every night before I go to bed, I applied it on every spot I can see, wishing that by the next day it would hopefully dry up... but unfortunately, it was the total opposite. My pimples became worst, it had boils in it, it became bigger, and reddish. It was so embarassing!

A total NO NO to this product! Waste of time, money, and effort.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely does not work. The claims are false. I've been wearing it twice a day for the past 4 days and my acne spot is as prominent as it was the first day. I've even been wearing it overnight and reapplying it throughout the day. Don't waste your money.

on 11/23/2016 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My face is literally burning right now from using this - all red and rashy, won't cover well with makeup, not hot. If your skin is at all sensitive, maybe try it on a small patch of skin first. I thought my skin was just dry from using the benzoyl peroxide but there's definitely a rash with little bumps specifically where i used this, and my face stings when i try to put moisturizer on to help with it. Didn't work for me, but if you wanna try it out I suggest not doing it before an important event and testing a small area first!

on 10/28/2016 12:59:00 PM

I bought the 10% BP formulation after a cystic ugly bump appeared on my lower lip / chin area. The other product I was using was not helping. At all. I had already picked and squeezed so I had made the problem worse. And it hurt so bad. I slathered this all over my chin and within a couple of hours, I noticed it didn't hurt anymore. I exfoliated and put a dab of this product on and moisturized after it dried, at least once a day for a couple of days and it was totally flat after the second day.

I think it's cycle related because I have other spots of acne on my forehead. I should say "had". They are gone now because of this product.

So to recap: don't pick or squeeze, exfoliate, use this product, and moisturize.

I'm back to a clear complexion and I'm so relieved.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The acne spot gel I am reviewing has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. It is a thick white lotion. I find that it works faster than the Walgreens 10% benzoyl peroxide at reducing acne breakouts. I use this every morning on my T-zone which is prone to cystic acne and black heads. So far, I find this to be a very effective solution to my issues.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

The name of the product really jumps out at me "Rapid Clear" and "Stubborn Acne". Truth be told, I was very very hopeful that this would be a holy grail product. Anyhoo .. let me start by talking about the texture. It is a white gel / cream like product which becomes invisible upon application.

When I read the label, I realized that there's only 2.5% BP in it. No wonder it didn't work. Nevertheless, I applied it in the morning religiously and saw no improvement instead, the acne bigger and angrier.

With the amount paid, I think Benzac works much better.

on 5/9/2016 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This dosn't work. I bought it because I was so convienced that it was going to make my pimples smaller so I kept using it 3 times a day (just like it's written on the package) for about a week or two and there was no difference and actually, my acne has gotten worse and the apples of my cheecks has gotten really pink (that never happens to me, wether I'm embarresed, warm, or whatever).
This does more harm than good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

yoo what's the deal with all these negative reviews??...this product works like a charm!..here's what it is, i wash my face with noxema classic clean cream cleanser, than at night i apply neutrogena rapid clear acne spot gel and waits until it gets hard and tight then i apply neutrogena rapid clear 2-in-1 fight & fade toner over the spots i applied the spot gel.. using these 2 products together will work like a charm! btw if you really want your pimples to go away( which i had 2 HUGE ones , from that time of month) use oatmeal, put 2 spoons of oatmeal into a bowl of water and wait till it gets pasty like and rub it onto your skin, then wash it off with cold water, in the next hour wash your face with noxema classic clean cream cleanser, then 22 minutes again repeat washing your face with noxema classic clean , then at night apply this product and the 2-in-1 fight & fade toner. i promise you this will get rid of the pimples!. and most importantly *KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM THE PIMPLE*