Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel

3.0

on 11/23/2016 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My face is literally burning right now from using this - all red and rashy, won't cover well with makeup, not hot. If your skin is at all sensitive, maybe try it on a small patch of skin first. I thought my skin was just dry from using the benzoyl peroxide but there's definitely a rash with little bumps specifically where i used this, and my face stings when i try to put moisturizer on to help with it. Didn't work for me, but if you wanna try it out I suggest not doing it before an important event and testing a small area first!

on 10/28/2016 12:59:00 PM

I bought the 10% BP formulation after a cystic ugly bump appeared on my lower lip / chin area. The other product I was using was not helping. At all. I had already picked and squeezed so I had made the problem worse. And it hurt so bad. I slathered this all over my chin and within a couple of hours, I noticed it didn't hurt anymore. I exfoliated and put a dab of this product on and moisturized after it dried, at least once a day for a couple of days and it was totally flat after the second day.

I think it's cycle related because I have other spots of acne on my forehead. I should say "had". They are gone now because of this product.

So to recap: don't pick or squeeze, exfoliate, use this product, and moisturize.

I'm back to a clear complexion and I'm so relieved.

To Read all 223 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The acne spot gel I am reviewing has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. It is a thick white lotion. I find that it works faster than the Walgreens 10% benzoyl peroxide at reducing acne breakouts. I use this every morning on my T-zone which is prone to cystic acne and black heads. So far, I find this to be a very effective solution to my issues.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

The name of the product really jumps out at me "Rapid Clear" and "Stubborn Acne". Truth be told, I was very very hopeful that this would be a holy grail product. Anyhoo .. let me start by talking about the texture. It is a white gel / cream like product which becomes invisible upon application.

When I read the label, I realized that there's only 2.5% BP in it. No wonder it didn't work. Nevertheless, I applied it in the morning religiously and saw no improvement instead, the acne bigger and angrier.

With the amount paid, I think Benzac works much better.

on 5/9/2016 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This dosn't work. I bought it because I was so convienced that it was going to make my pimples smaller so I kept using it 3 times a day (just like it's written on the package) for about a week or two and there was no difference and actually, my acne has gotten worse and the apples of my cheecks has gotten really pink (that never happens to me, wether I'm embarresed, warm, or whatever).
This does more harm than good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

yoo what's the deal with all these negative reviews??...this product works like a charm!..here's what it is, i wash my face with noxema classic clean cream cleanser, than at night i apply neutrogena rapid clear acne spot gel and waits until it gets hard and tight then i apply neutrogena rapid clear 2-in-1 fight & fade toner over the spots i applied the spot gel.. using these 2 products together will work like a charm! btw if you really want your pimples to go away( which i had 2 HUGE ones , from that time of month) use oatmeal, put 2 spoons of oatmeal into a bowl of water and wait till it gets pasty like and rub it onto your skin, then wash it off with cold water, in the next hour wash your face with noxema classic clean cream cleanser, then 22 minutes again repeat washing your face with noxema classic clean , then at night apply this product and the 2-in-1 fight & fade toner. i promise you this will get rid of the pimples!. and most importantly *KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM THE PIMPLE*

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have only used this for a couple of days now, but I had some pretty painful, red pimples on my face and after applying this gel about 3 separate times on each of them, they've gone down drastically. I find with most products, my skin starts to get used to it and then the product stops working, so we will see if it happens this time. For now, this gel works.

Average acne treatment product.

Pros: Inexepensive, easy to find.

Cons: no miracle product, unattractive tube.

This helps dry up existing acne after 2 or 3 days of use, but it's no overnight cure, nor does it prevent future breakouts. Not the worst product by any means (especially considering the price), but I will not repurchase. I must note that while this doesn't cost as much as something like Murad or ProActiv, the tube is pretty small.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was a firm nope for me. I found it wasn't really doing a whole bunch for me which was disappointing because when you put it on a pimple it stings a bit, making you feel like its actually doing something. I would wake up in the morning and my pimples would be no different. Maaaaaybe the redness came down a little but nothing overly noticeable. The real fun came about a week later when i got probably the biggest cystic pimple of my life on my chin. I've had cystic pimples here and there before but nothing like this monster. And i knew it was from this gel because it was right where i was using it the most. Another one, not quite as large appeared on my cheek a couple days later too so i have stopped using it. Threw it in the garbage and still on the hunt for a good spot gel unfortunately.

I got acnea at 26 and tried a lot of stuff anti acne, but far away this was the best. Dries and reduces the red spots faster than other products. I wanted to try a new one from Clean and Clear but now I regret, because Iīm out of this gel from Neutrogena and canīt find it: Itīs not getting you of acne, but helps when you get a pimple.