Olay Total Effects-Fragrance Free

3.7

WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, NIACINAMIDE*, DIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SORBITAN STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SUCROSE POLYCOTTONSEEDATE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PANTHENOL**, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE***, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIMETHICONOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLPARABEN, LAURETH-7, PROPYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG- 100 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLATE, YELLOW 5, RED 40.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to switch to this moisturizer from the Olay Total Effects Mature Skin moisturizer because it's fragrance free. So far, I'm loving it. It takes less than one full pump to cover my face and neck. It goes on smoothly and absorbs fairly quickly. My skin looks and feels great. I wish Olay would make more fragrance free products. I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

pro:
-DID NOT BREAK ME OUT HALLELUJAH!
No clogged pores, no big chin or cheek zits.
-did not irritate my sensitive and reactive skin.
-no bad smells or fragrances
- is a light moisturizer. Kept my face from getting tight without causing my makeup to break up from a raft of floating oil.

Cons:
-leaves whitish streaks. I tried patting, rubbing thoughrouly, using both more or less, I'd always find streaks on my skin when I wore powder foundation.
-no real discernible difference in my skin. I've worked hard to figure out how to calm the redness and acne, but this did nothing to even mildly correct my developing fine lines or fade post acne marks. This was a 5 month trial, so I figured I'd see at least SOME difference.
-as mentioned, this is only mildly moisturizing. I still got dry patches, particularly on my nose, so I'm thinking it just wasn't enough moisture for me.

I guess I was just hoping for a bit...more. It's pretty amazing that this didn't break me out or cause redness, it is one of a handful of products that can boast that. My rating is based pretty much solely on that. I feel like it failed on all of the 7 effects promised. I won't be repurchasing, but I am going to try the regenerist sensitive skin formula next, hoping I find a product that does more for moisture and anti aging.

on 3/11/2015 4:00:00 PM

I really like this product! I've been using it for a few months, and I have noticed my skin looks more even and just nice over all. I have very, very dry skin and have tried almost every moisturizer out there - some were very expensive, some didn't moisturize well at all, some broke me out or clogged my pores even though I'm not acne prone. This basic, unscented moisturizer works well and the price is right, especially since you can often find Olay or Ulta coupons. On those really cold, dry winter days, I do layer a *little* Bobbi Brown face oil over this and my skin is happy. I can't believe that out of every moisturizer I've tried, that I like this simple drugstore one the best!

on 1/18/2015 8:37:00 AM

Great product - my skin definitely felt firmer and hydrated after only one use. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like it at all despite my high expectations. I have dry reactive sensitive thin skin that gets aggrevated in extreme conditions. I used it on my better days and still it made my skin feel so dry and oily at the same time. It layed a membrane of sleek oily film on the surface of my skin so I could not even imagine using any makeup on top of it effectively. I washed it away after some time as I could not stand the feeling of oily dryness if you know what I mean. This is exactly the effect a looser moisturizer will give you if you have a dry skin and try to quench it. It just makes it worse. Good news is that it is scent-free and did not cause any rush or reaction on me but I no longer use it as it went straigh to the bin.

Update: I've been sticking to this for a while and it still doesn't give me any breakouts. The wrinkles below my eyes which I've been worried about before have been gone already cause of this too. Really love this stuff.

I think I love this product. I've switched from age defying sensitive skin night cream to total effects fragrance free and within three days I'm already seeing an improvement.for those who had acne and were left with acne scars or dark marks pls don't miss this stuff cause this really works thought at first I didn't think it would since my skin is so so sensitive I have always broken out with all the moisturizers and creams I've tried except from this. It may be expensive but I think it is definitely worth the price. You will get to wake up to a brighter face with less redness and firmer skin. I never thought I'd be able to find a moisturizer that suits me which has always been my problem which caused me more problem since I've been using aha cleansers but isn't always able to moisturizer that has always left my skin dry , dull and prone to breakouts. But thank GOD I found this. I just needed this so much having gone thru acne and left with red marks and scars which now I'm greatful about since I'm now clear because of the proactive repairing treatment lotion which has been the only product I use from their line along with a change of cleanser from harsh ones to dove cucumber n green tea body wash and most especially this olay stuff that I know is one of the greatest factor my skin has started to show some dramatic changes I've never experienced before with other stuffs. So please try it, if you're a little doubtful that it may cause bad reactions like breakout, try it first on at least 1/4 part of your face like the lower half part of your cheek or forehead or chin for at least three days.thank God and olay for this. Great treat stuff.:)

on 1/20/2014 10:36:00 PM

Wow. I just realized that out of all the reviews I've written, I probably gave this one the highest score. I'm on my second bottle, and I think this is going to be a staple product in my skincare routine. There's nothing fancy about this product--although the 7 in 1 claim probably drew people into the product in the first place. This is just a well-formulated moisturizer with antioxidants and ingredients that are meant to strengthen the natural protective barrier of your skin. The texture is smooth and elegant. It's not overly moisturizing and is therefore suitable for combination skin like mine. I find that one of the key ingredients in the product, ceramides, works really well on my skin. I have used other products that contain ceramides (i.e., CeraVe moisturizing lotion, and Curel intense moisture care face milk), although they also work well, the Olay one somehow works the best. I think it could be due to the other ingredients that are present in the product (e.g., anti-oxidants and vitamins). I've put the product on when I experience skin irritation, and it stops the redness and itchiness and makes my skin feel comfortable instantly.

I also love the air-tight pump packaging, especially how you don't have to worry about getting the last bit of the product out when you are near the end. Such kind of packaging also keeps the anti-oxidants from deteriorating, which is vital for it to live up to the anti-aging claim.

I don't hold the unrealistic expectation that any moisturizer will stop me from aging--I think aging is a natural (and beautiful) process that every human being must go through, but you can slow down the aging process by taking care of your skin in the correct ways (e.g., putting on sun screens religiously, and use skincare products that contain anti-oxidants and no skin irritants, etc.). This moisturizer gets the job done for me. Overall it's great value for the amount of money you spend (you can get it online for about 15 dollars). I would highly recommend people with all kinds of skin types to give it a go, if you are looking for a basic inexpensive moisturizer that makes your skin happy.

on 1/3/2014 8:13:00 AM

Just a very good moisturizer. Makes my skin smooth and soft and doesn't cause break-outs. I'm already using my second bottle. Good hygienic packaging. Price is a bit high (in the Netherlands), 20 euros, but there's a often a dicsount.

on 5/24/2013 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Olay Total Effects fragrance-free sensitive skin protection spf 15 moisturizer is a good moisturizer for sensitive skin. It moisturizes well and causes no breakouts, irritation or redness. It leaves my skin soft without making it greasy. However, unlike my favorite regenerating serum (Regenerist), it does little to the texture and the tone of my skin, so it hasn't improved my skin either.

Update:
I am on my second tube of this moisturizer. I have mixed feelings about this one. It does actually improve both the tone and the texture of my skin. It solves redness issues and calms my reactive skin. On the other hand I know that Olay has better formulas since this cream contains far less niacinamide than many other Regenerist or Total Effects creams. Niacinamide is listed the sixth ingredient on my tube (they change their formulas very often making it even more confusing). Also, my formula includes a synthetic sunblock which is not really good for a sensitive skin. Parabens are on the list as well. But so far so good my skin really likes this stuff.

on 5/21/2013 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Well, I've been using the Clarins sensitive skin range for two years and now that I've hit my 30s I thought it was time for a change. I've struggled and used countless anti-aging samples and my face suffered with irritation and rashes. They've just launched the Olay Total Effects Sensitive Skin Protection SPF15 in my country (not sure if its the same as this fragrance free version) so I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. And all I can say is Wow! I'm using this for the past 2 weeks and although Clarins is good Olay is sooo much better. My face is glowy, soft, even, smooth, hydrated- you name it. It delivers whatever it says on the box. The first time I used it, it looked like I had on foundation. And as time has gone on, my skin is slowly improving. I just recovered from bronchitis and while I was sick and feeling crappy, I still managed to look nice and presentable by smothering my face with some of this stuff. You could barely tell that I looked sick. The ingredients are impressive and what i love most is that there is finally a serious anti-aging product out there for sensitive skin. The pump bottle packaging is incredibly hygienic. Pricing compared to Clarins is way cheaper. What would I dearly love now is if Olay were to launch a Total Effects night-cream for sensitive skin. Please Olay, please make my wish come true!