4.2

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 months ago

I have a meh relationship with this toner. On one hand, I like it. It made my face feel fresh and clean and the fact that there's no alcohol in it is fantastic. But my face still got a bit of red tint to it whenever I used it, especially my cheeks. Not sure if I'm more sensitive there or if I might actually be allergic to chamomile. I'm really not a fan of the scent. There are so many better smelling toners out there. Guess I'm not a fan of the chamomile, and as I mentioned I got a bit red whenever I used it - especially if it was first thing in the morning. I still used up the whole bottle (shared with my sister) but I wouldn't buy it again now. The price is just not worth it and the scent leaves much to be desired.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

a year ago

I used the Chanel Silky Confort Toner until it was discontinued. Not happy with it's replacement, not as soothing and has 20% less product (guess they didn't think we'd notice). Got a sample of the Clarins chamomile toner several months ago and really like it. The smell is light, it's alcohol-free and in addition to using after cleansing it's also great for a quick spritz for the never-ending hot flashes. A couple tips for those who think it's expensive.....buy a spray bottle (I get them at the dollar store) and spritz a cotton pad to prevent waste; look for the "luxury" size that's offered during the Xmas holidays where you get a huge 13.5 oz bottle (twice the regular size at $26) for $40. My local mall has a nice stand-alone Clarins shop and for Black Friday weekend they were offering 15% off purchases of one product, 20% off two products and is always generous with samples. I think the offer was also available online.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I love how fresh and smooth it makes my skin feel, but I won’t repurchase because I can’t handle the smell. It’s like applying detergent to my face everyday.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

Honestly, the scent of this product has driven me to the end, so I had to switch to something else. I will come back to it when my skin goes back to the oily side - hopefully, it won't though... and if it does I'll find another toner that can do whatever this one did. Though the product claims to be alcohol-free, there are "alcohol" ingredients listed. There is also fragrance, yellow dye, and some other things listed that I'm not sure may have contributed to some allergies I have. I'd have to ask a doctor. But yeah, the fragrance kind of reminds me of Lysol, now that I think about it. :-P

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

It's not harsh for my dry skin. It smells delightful and reminds me of a spa scent. The bottle is quite bulky for traveling. I should've gotten the travel size instead and would love to purchase another in the future

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I prefer this toner, it's quite gentle, no stinging sensation, gives a good thorough cleanse to my face. I use this at night after using a cleanser. Leaves face feeling soft, fresh and clean, no dry or tight sensation. No residue noted on my skin but a lovely scent which to be honest seems to linger for a long while? I don't mind, since it's a soothing scent for me...(Clarins is known for having 'perfumey' scents in their products, not recommended for the scentsitive) overall would strongly recommend if you're looking for a new skin toner in ur daily skincare...

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

This toner cleanses the last traces of makeup left after I use cleansing milk. Also, it helps somewhat with moisturizing my skin and eases the absorption of my moisturizer. I love using the toner in the morning, by patting it by hand, so I'm awake enough to drive to work. Beware of the scent, though! If you dislike scent in skincare, stay away. If you do the same as me, in applying lots of toner to wake up, the smell will be noticed by colleagues, specially when one works in a shared space office.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

3 years ago

Clarins toners are my favorite, but this one doesn't suits my normal but sensitive skin. Pros: - doesn't leave any residue - non sticky - pleasant smell Cons: - badly brakes me out - irritates my sensitive skin - I find it significantly drying

About reviewer (651 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I have gone through so many toner and this is by far my favorite! My skin is much smoother now that I have been using it along with a moisturizer. Definitely recommend to everyone

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

This toner is nice-feeling on the skin, and works well. I actually have normal to oily skin, but for the cooler, drier, months I like to use more gentle/moisturizing toners. This one works well in that regard. However, one possible downside I noticed about this toner is that the texture of the toner is a tad viscous, and so doesn't provide much of a slip across my skin. At least, it is this way when I use a flattened cotton pad dampened with this toner. I have to make sure I have really wetted the cotton pad with it. Otherwise, the cotton pad drags across my skin. Another thing I noticed is that it has a slightly baby powdery scent to it. Not a huge problem for me, but I know that for some it is a problem. 3 lippies, because of the price and because I have to use plenty of it to wipe the cotton ball across my face with ease. Therefore, while good for the fall/winter months, I may keep a look out for a more economical and equally effective toner elsewhere.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age36-43