MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 9/21/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have had two of these highlighter samples for a few years now .They last forever!
I'm not sure what color I have it in but it's a lightweight lotion suitable for most skin tones. I use it on the cheekbones for a permanent sheen and it gives off a very dewy natural look.

The formula itself is really good too.
It uses mica, mineral sunscreen agents,lactic acid and mulberry root extract to brighten the skin.
It moistened the skin with emollients such as: linoleum acid, jojoba esters, and castor oil with cholesterol as a SII and Cholesterol as a SCC to boot!

It finishes off with the AI skullcap extract and antioxidants such as green tea,panethenol, green tea,vitamin B12, vitamin c, vitamin E , and vitamin D3! Something we all need a little extra of.

The downsides to this product is that it has a strong fragrance and seems to break people out.

This is also not cruelty free or vegan.

I have this in “pinklite”. It doesn’t translate pink on my skin(NC 20-25). I have quite oily skin so I really don’t need glow for all over the face. I love using this as a natural highlighter on the top of my cheekbones. It’s subtle but very polished looking. It gives glow but doesn’t have shimmer in it. It also stays put and it’s easy to apply it even on top of powder. I’m happy that I have this in my collection.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh this is lovely. I never gave a second thought to using an illuminating lotion even though I have dry skin but winter has hit along with the flu and my almost 40 year old skin is showing wear. It looks dull, dry and pale, not exactly a look I want.
I put in an order to Mac and picked pinklite as my free sample, I figured since I've tried all the other samples why not. I tried it the day after I received it and it made such a difference under my makeup, It was subtle and natural. It moisturized my skin without making it greasy or causing cystic acne or an irritation rash. My skin is quite sensitive these days so I rarely try new products out of fear. This is a winner though and I'm sure I'll purchase a bottle in the future.
Oh and the fragrance didn't bother me one bit.

on 12/25/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been really enjoying Strobe cream for some time now. I just tap a wee bit on my cheekbones for a lovely wet kind of natural looking gleam daily. Sometimes I'll layer some powder highlighter on top but it's great on its own for daytime, I love the fact that there are practically no visible particles sitting on the skin. You can also use it as a primer on dull skin days and look radiant without any added oiliness. Where it shines though (no pun intended :D ) is as an undereye primer. Concealer blends perfectly on top and creases MUCH less throughout the day.

I have tried the original shade and Goldlite and I prefer the later by far, just blends with my skin tone much better. I'm combo, light but slightly warm toned.

At first I was given samples in tiny jars by MAC and ĺasted for months so even though it doesn't come cheap will last ages. The full size tube isn't that convenient though since it's hard to squeeze the desired amount.

Just remember to tap it lightly instead of rubbing because it will disturb the foundation underneath. It's a great product overall and deservedly a cult favourite for so many years.

Edit: A few months later I discovered Becca liquid highlighter in Moonstone and loooks even more beautiful than Strobe cream, plus it lasts longer. Since then I've found a new way to use Strobe Cream and works splendidly; I dab any lipstick on the back of my hand, add a smidgen of strobe cream and mix. This turns any lipstick to dewy cream blush which blends incredibly well. The trick has made playing with makeup so much more fun and creative!

on 11/9/2017 12:20:00 PM

Love this moisturizer. When I’m in a rush it’s so easy to just put on this, mascara, lipgloss for a natural look & be out the door. I even use at night after a shower and my hubby thinks I look pretty & the same as when we met :) (I was obsessed with the revlon skinlights liquid back then & this is the closest thing to that product)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The most natural looking highlighter I’ve ever tried. It’s undetectable as makeup and instead looks just like healthy glowing skin. Can be used in specific areas or all over the face. The Sized To Go is more cost effective than the 1.7 oz.

on 6/24/2017 10:13:00 AM

I have a sample and I am considering to purchase this. While my skin is combination/oily, I love to use this under eyes! This brigthens up the dark circles so much that on no-makeup days it is all you need + put it ok cheekbones and bridge of the nose. I would definitely take this on travel. ****

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this! I wouldn't say it's as blinding as Cover FX but for a more natural but still bright highlight, this is the way to go!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

OMG... Luminous girls! Purchase this gem! I, personally, mix this in with my foundation, but this can also be used as a cream highlight. Comes in a range of colours, I use Silverlite. Only downside: can be hard to get the product out as it is hard, firm plastic. But that's only when you start running low, and you can easily cut the top and scrap out the remains! 💛

on 3/1/2017 6:52:00 PM

This stuff not only broke me out but did nothing special for me. Not a fan. It felt and looked greasy... I want to glow... not drown in grease.