MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 2/25/2019 11:23:00 AM

I use this in the peach color for my NW20 skin. I mix a small drop in with my moisturizer, to give a little extra glow, and especially on days when I'm not topping it off with a foundation. My skin is oily and prone to breakouts, and while I'm glad that it doesn't lead to any breakouts, it does make me look a little shinier. In some lighting I also notice that it also gives a slightly unnatural glow, not lit from within which I would prefer. I'm using mine up but won't repurchase.

on 2/24/2019 3:07:00 AM

I love it! I have it in pink during the winter months and in red during the summer I have normal skin but it gers dehyd skrated easily I use it as a primer and it gives me a glowy well moisturised skin all day
When I don't want to put on make up I use it alone and it makes my skin look healthy and smooth

Super light which is good...blends in nicely...but I find this a useless product

on 1/28/2019 5:07:00 PM

I purchased this in peachlite, which gives me a lovely subtle glow on my warm skin, peachlite and goldlite are probably the best for warm skin. Redlite is nice for darker tones. As a moisturizer this fits my skincare routine very well as I have a mild oily skin and don't want anything powerful on the moisturizer section. On those days my skin is looking nice and bump free I can skip foundantion and just wear this on my face. This also blurs some imperfections, it's really great. The not so great side is the fact this has some silicone in it's formula, so it can cause breakouts in some people. the full container package is also troublesome when you are near the end.

on 12/2/2018 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I don't want my review to discourage anyone who want to buy this. If there wasn't any other options, I highly recommend this. This is light cream in shade Pinklite that you can mix with your foundation, bb cream or wear on its own to give nice luminizing glow. It is beautiful, but can show more of your skin flaws, large pores and I don't like that. There is another brand, By Terry CC serum that doesn't do that and this is why I give this brand a lower rating. Huge difference between the two brands.

on 10/30/2018 11:07:00 PM

Ive tried the original pinklite, goldlite and peachlite. I am c1 nc20 and peachlite is my hg favorite. Its easier to pull off than goldlite. More flattering than pinklite on me. I prefer the peachy look than purply pink sheen that the original one has. This doesnt give me more moisture but does sit under foundation well. I like the glow it gives me but its not a drastic difference on the face.
Peachlite is the way to go if you are neutral to warm undertone. Id go with pinklite if i was cool undertone, that one is beautiful too. I didnt really care for the goldlite, it was a bit much for me(peachlite looks better!) Im scared to try redlite , i feel it might look better on deeper skintone. silverlite seems like it would add a white cast on me so if you are very pale porcelain, itd look great.

1)I use this mixed in with foundation for a tinted moisturizer effect.I use c2 in f&b and its a bit dark for winter so i mix half and half and its perfect match for me
2)It looks gorgeous under face and body also (probably not great idea for oily skin though).
3)This can go on top of my cheekbones for a natural highlight

[one thing is that i do avoid the forehead and my nose area while applying this because i get oily in those areas. Its super versatile like many other mac products.

Edit- ive been skipping this in my routine because it doesnt add the level of hydration i am looking for and i simply forget to put it on lol Its not a HG item and i wont repurchase. Nice to have but id save myself some money since its only 1.7oz for about 35 bucks.

I have Chanel Soleil Tan illuminating sheer fluid in Sunkissed. Its what ive been reaching for for the same purpose of strobe cream. I like how its oil free and no fragrance. I much prefer that one now! I guess ive graduated.

on 10/21/2018 7:05:00 AM

I am so in love with MAC Strobe Cream! It comes in various shades, but my favourites are the Pinklite (which is the original strobe cream) and the Peachlite. The only shade I didn't like was Silverlite as it left a white cast to my face. This product is a moisturiser and a primer, though I find I need to use a face-cream underneath Strobe Cream as Strobe Cream alone isn't enough moisturiser for me. As an illuminating primer, this is brilliant! I use this under my foundation, and I have not had any issues applying foundation over it. All my foundations (and I have a lot!) play nicely with strobe cream. It gives a subtle, ethereal effect to the skin which looks very natural and as though you are glowing from within. It also applies nicely over foundation too - a little dabbed on the cheekbones gives a gorgeous effect - and if you apply powder highlight over the top you will be absolutely glowing! Strobe Cream does not irritate my sensitive skin, or cause congestion or breakouts. I love this product and use it daily. It is an essential for my kit. It is fairly expensive, but a little goes a long way. MAC also sells a travel size which is great value for money. This cult product is certainly worth the hype! A+

on 9/21/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have had two of these highlighter samples for a few years now .They last forever!
I'm not sure what color I have it in but it's a lightweight lotion suitable for most skin tones. I use it on the cheekbones for a permanent sheen and it gives off a very dewy natural look.

The formula itself is really good too.
It uses mica, mineral sunscreen agents,lactic acid and mulberry root extract to brighten the skin.
It moistened the skin with emollients such as: linoleum acid, jojoba esters, and castor oil with cholesterol as a SII and Cholesterol as a SCC to boot!

It finishes off with the AI skullcap extract and antioxidants such as green tea,panethenol, green tea,vitamin B12, vitamin c, vitamin E , and vitamin D3! Something we all need a little extra of.

The downsides to this product is that it has a strong fragrance and seems to break people out.

This is also not cruelty free or vegan.

This product is amazing as a primer before makeup application. I have combo skin which can be very dry but can also become oily and acne prone. A total nightmare! No matter the condition of my skin this product works! It is hydrating and moisturizing, smoothing and provides the skin with a beautiful glow. Makeup application is improved 100% after using this. I would suggest letting it sit and absorb for 5 minutes or so before makeup application for best results.

I LOVE this stuff!

It makes my skin look superrrr glowy and plump.

I apply this on my face after moisturizer then with foundation i just apply mainly in areas that need help (redness on cheeks, my discoloration on my smile lines and a few acne spots) and it becomes the perfect glowy no makeup make up <3.

I dont think i’ll be able to put this down this summer!

10/10 would recommend to anyone with normal-dry skin. Not sure how this would work on oilier skin types.