73%

$35.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

I actually got this as a free sample when buying online, and have been really pleasantly surprised. It comes out of the tube as a white cream, but when tapped on the cheekbones just blends out beautifully to a glossy looking shine. Obviously if you don’t like that look this isn’t for you, but I prefer a no powder, more ‘moist’ look for my make up as I age. This works really nicely over a more matte foundation and creme blusher.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3 months ago

I’ve bought this again and again, starting way before it was called “pinklight” (that is the original one). I’m usually nw20-30 give or take. Besides this being a great light weight moisturizer (check beautipedia), it’s gorgeous!!! Not glittery just RADIANT! Of course I love the OG pink one; matches my undertones. Peachlight is an amazing under eye primer. When I prime my face I add a dab of this under each eye before corrector/concealer and the peach neutralizes blue circles and looks so bright and alive. Goldlight is my current fave for my whole face as it warms me up wonderfully! Also you can mix it with stuff. I love it mixed with pro longwear concealer to use as a foundation!!!

About reviewer (385 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Medium

8 months ago

I have the original Pinklite. This is what I wanted the Becca FirstLight and Backlight Primers to be. Gives lots of moisture and a non-glittery ethereal sheen, like the inside of a shell. The shimmer is so fine you can't even see microshimmers when staring at it closeup in the sun. Its so elegant! I like using to give a fresh illumination to the backs of older hands. Try it :)

About reviewer (1216 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 months ago

This is a product that I frequently repuchase from MAC. I did temporarily switch the strobe liquid but have since returned to the Strobe Cream - Original Pinklite. It is a very versatile product but I predominantly use this for mixing in with foundations and heavier tinted moisturisers to make them slightly more sheer and radiant looking. It can also be used as a highligter on top of foundation and can be used on various parts of the body to add more sheen. It just gives a natural looking luminosity. Once I finish my current tube, I may try one of the other shades that are now available, I'm NC20 so if anyone has used the other shades, I would gladly welcome recommendations :). I do however highly recommend the original and it is also arrived in a smaller travel size if you wanted to try a smaller size first.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

9 months ago

Stopped by at a MAC counter for a top up of my trusty Studio Finish Concealer, plus their Prep & Prime Fix. At checkout I was given not one but two little sample pots of the Strobe Cream in 'Goldlite'. "This will give you that J-Lo glow" I was told. What can I say...couldn't wait to get home and try it out for myself! The lightly perfumed cream has a pearlescent appearance which gives your skin a shimmery look. For comparison I tried it on the back of one hand and yes it did look so much nicer than the other. The effect is of course temporary until washed off, but whilst it's on it did give a nice shimmery glow to my skin. I use it as a highlighter over my foundation (cheekbones and cupids bow) and it just makes the area where applied look illuminated, I love it. Although a little too heavy to use on my face daily, I did discover that for bare arms and legs this is a good way to give my skin that bit of 'oomph' on days when I don't want to use a body oil or anything too glistening, but don't want to be completely 'bare' either. The effect is subtle but that's also what appeals about it so much to me. You cannot tell anything has been applied, it just looks like you have naturally good skin! And yes I did return to the MAC counter and purchase the full size product the second my sample pots were used up!  Also tried out the Strobe Body lotion as a more economical option for my body (as you get double the amount) but found it wasn't as effective as the original strobe cream so will stick to that instead for both face and body.  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Athletes Foot Treatment: 'Margaret Dabbs' - Foot Hygiene Cream  7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3.0

a year ago

I use this in the peach color for my NW20 skin. I mix a small drop in with my moisturizer, to give a little extra glow, and especially on days when I'm not topping it off with a foundation. My skin is oily and prone to breakouts, and while I'm glad that it doesn't lead to any breakouts, it does make me look a little shinier. In some lighting I also notice that it also gives a slightly unnatural glow, not lit from within which I would prefer. I'm using mine up but won't repurchase.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

I love it! I have it in pink during the winter months and in red during the summer I have normal skin but it gers dehyd skrated easily I use it as a primer and it gives me a glowy well moisturised skin all day When I don't want to put on make up I use it alone and it makes my skin look healthy and smooth

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

2.0

a year ago

Super light which is good...blends in nicely...but I find this a useless product

About reviewer (981 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

from

a year ago

I purchased this in peachlite, which gives me a lovely subtle glow on my warm skin, peachlite and goldlite are probably the best for warm skin. Redlite is nice for darker tones. As a moisturizer this fits my skincare routine very well as I have a mild oily skin and don't want anything powerful on the moisturizer section. On those days my skin is looking nice and bump free I can skip foundantion and just wear this on my face. This also blurs some imperfections, it's really great. The not so great side is the fact this has some silicone in it's formula, so it can cause breakouts in some people. the full container package is also troublesome when you are near the end.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBrown

2.0

a year ago

I don't want my review to discourage anyone who want to buy this. If there wasn't any other options, I highly recommend this. This is light cream in shade Pinklite that you can mix with your foundation, bb cream or wear on its own to give nice luminizing glow. It is beautiful, but can show more of your skin flaws, large pores and I don't like that. There is another brand, By Terry CC serum that doesn't do that and this is why I give this brand a lower rating. Huge difference between the two brands.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure