MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

4.1

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

I have this in “pinklite”. It doesn’t translate pink on my skin(NC 20-25). I have quite oily skin so I really don’t need glow for all over the face. I love using this as a natural highlighter on the top of my cheekbones. It’s subtle but very polished looking. It gives glow but doesn’t have shimmer in it. It also stays put and it’s easy to apply it even on top of powder. I’m happy that I have this in my collection.

on 1/12/2018 8:35:00 AM

The moment I put on this strobe cream, I fell in love. It gave my skin this subtle glow when worn underneath my foundation and I was incredibly happy, until a week later. Now my skin is not prone to breakouts, but after I started using this product, I began to notice little bumps all over my face. Since I didn't change anything else from my skincare/makeup, I knew it had to be the strobe cream causing this problem. Had to let this product go, though it breaks my heart.

on 12/25/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been really enjoying Strobe cream for some time now. I just tap a wee bit on my cheekbones for a lovely wet kind of natural looking gleam daily. Sometimes I'll layer some powder highlighter on top but it's great on its own for daytime, I love the fact that there are practically no visible particles sitting on the skin. You can also use it as a primer on dull skin days and look radiant without any added oiliness. Where it shines though (no pun intended :D ) is as an undereye primer. Concealer blends perfectly on top and creases MUCH less throughout the day.

I have tried the original shade and Goldlite and I prefer the later by far, just blends with my skin tone much better. I'm combo, light but slightly warm toned.

At first I was given samples in tiny jars by MAC and ĺasted for months so even though it doesn't come cheap will last ages. The full size tube isn't that convenient though since it's hard to squeeze the desired amount.

Just remember to tap it lightly instead of rubbing because it will disturb the foundation underneath. It's a great product overall and deservedly a cult favourite for so many years.

Edit: A few months later I discovered Becca liquid highlighter in Moonstone and loooks even more beautiful than Strobe cream, plus it lasts longer. Since then I've found a new way to use Strobe Cream and works splendidly; I dab any lipstick on the back of my hand, add a smidgen of strobe cream and mix. This turns any lipstick to dewy cream blush which blends incredibly well. The trick has made playing with makeup so much more fun and creative!

on 12/4/2017 7:51:00 PM

Good product with a light scent to mix with foundation for a lighter coverage. Good to have but not necessary in a makeup collection.

on 6/24/2017 10:13:00 AM

I have a sample and I am considering to purchase this. While my skin is combination/oily, I love to use this under eyes! This brigthens up the dark circles so much that on no-makeup days it is all you need + put it ok cheekbones and bridge of the nose. I would definitely take this on travel. ****

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this! I wouldn't say it's as blinding as Cover FX but for a more natural but still bright highlight, this is the way to go!

I love this stuff! I use it with my moisturizer or mixed with my foundation or as a subtle highlight! Great multifunctional product.

on 1/31/2017 4:31:00 AM

First discovered this item on the check out counter of one of the MAC stalls at the airport and purchased the mini version.

Initially, I felt like there was nothing great with this product and I didn't quite know how to use it. I was confused on whether it was a primer, moisturizer, highlighter or what but eventually managed to find the perfect combination for it to work.

When used with a heavy foundation (ex. Estee Lauder's Double Wear), it tends to make my skin look blotchy and patchy. I find that this product works beautifully with lighter or dewier products, such as BB creams and illuminating foundations, MAC MSF Natural and MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer (as a foundation), with anything heavy coverage, it just does not seem to work for me.

Personally, I love using this under a light BB cream and a sheer dusting of my MSF Natural and then set with MAC Fix Plus - the perfect combo for that radiant, dewy, collagen filled look so popular among Korean and Japanese actresses.

One con though is that there is a tendency for it to cause some people to grease (personally this wasn't a problem for me as I am very dry skinned so the dewiness factor was a welcome change). Lastly, I would also recommend you to start with the travel sized sample of this as I don't see many people incorporating this in their daily makeup regimen as there are various other products in the market today that work better (ex. facial oils, serums, etc.), you also save more $$$ when purchasing two 30 ml bottles, rather than one 50 ml bottle that is too big to lug around in your daily makeup kit anyways.

I am giving it 4 stars because it does it's job well, however living in Asia, I've quickly discovered "local" products here that work alot better and are infinitely cheaper and are easier to incorporate in my daily beauty routine (Cucumber water sprays, I'm talking to you!).

on 1/8/2017 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Meh. It gave a subtle glow under foundation but it's not something I would purchase again because it didn't give me enough of a illuminated glow.

It was also a bit drying to me as well.

I also hate the bottle it comes in. It's in such a tough plastic container that it's hard to squeeze out the product.

I think overall that there are better illuminating products out there that can give you a beautiful glow than this one. It's just not great.

on 1/3/2017 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, I wouldn't use this as a moisturizer. This is more of a liquid luminizer/highlighter. And it is awesome! I've layered it under foundation, mixed it with foundation, applied it on top after all my makeup, etc—all these methods create a nice glow for your face. The price may put you off, but it lasts a very long time (read: two years), since a little goes a long way.

Really dependable luminizer, and I highly recommend!