Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer

Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer
Magic ConcealerMagic Concealer

4.2

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Silica, Aluminium Hydroxide, Chamomilla, Recutita/ Matricaria Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben, +/- May Contain: CI 77891 /Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499/ Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 8/15/2017 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I had this years ago. Don't remember what shade I got, but I remember it being too dark and beige, thus making my undereye area looking greyish (I prefer more salmon or peach-based shades instead of beige or white/ivory/yellow). Either it was that the lightest color was too dark on me, or the lightest was too light and white, and that's why I ended up with a shade darker (but too dark) -- reading the rewies here, seems like the latter. This "color problem" is something that I sometimes have with concealers (I'm fair, about NC15, neutral undertones, slightly peachy-pink overtone but some blueness under my eyes).
You do get a lot for the price to pay, and I did like the packaging. Too bad the color selection sucks...

on 4/27/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good, but not perfect. Can crease after a long or warn day

on 10/30/2016 7:31:00 PM

Beautiful concealer! Heavy coverage, but looks like skin. I've been using it for years.

on 4/7/2017 8:26:00 AM

It lasted only some hours , with medium or light coverage. Not worth for such a price

on 4/5/2017 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My HG concealer for undereyes. I am NC 15-20 with deep plum colored undereyes (I'm not exaggerating, they look like bruises). The concealer has 3 shades available, I chose no. 1 clair.
Disclaimer: I prefer natural looking makeup, I use as little produst as possible often and I don't like concealer triangles anywhere, if you do, you might not like my review.

The tube is pricey, but the price is comparable to the nars concealer and this has so much more product (15 ml to be exact). The tube has a thin nozzle which ensures that you won't overdo the amount, plus it's very hygienic. The tube itself is pretty and the lid makes it also look quite pricey (haha but it's still a plastic tube :) )

Consistency is somewhere between liquid and cream. It blends beautifully, and it has high coverage. Formula is fragrance free, with a camomille extract.

Undereye: You need very little product (I'm talking pin-head amount of product). The finish is unbelievably skin-like, it makes me so happy to have finally an undetectable concealer. Lasting power is great, it does not oxidise, does not crease, brightens quite a bit. Extremely happy.

Red area around nose: my nose area gets extremely oily, this concealer holds up for about 4-5 hours, then it starts to disappear. But it can be very easily touched up. Even though I had powder on my skin ( RBR Diaphanous) I was able to touch up this area without making any cake ;)

Summary: Great price per ml, hygienic packaging, good coverage, *incredibly* skin-like, but only three shades. Holds up great during the day on combo skin, does not last whole day on oily areas. Can't recommend enough for pale people who desire a natural look with minimal product.

on 3/8/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Creamy,light,doesn't crease a lot but it doesn't really conceal dark circles,also due to its packaging you squize out more than you need,could have been better considering the brand and price

I like trying out new concealers. I have deep set eyes, so naturally (very) dark, reddish-brown eye circles, plus fine lines. So far I've found only four concealers that managed to cover them. This is another one, and quickly became my favorite liquid concealer. (HG cream concealer: Catrice Camouflage Cream.)
It's high coverage (despite not being thick), blends beautifully, brightens undereye area, long lasting (I set it with some powder). Also, a little goes a long way. It's very pricey, but I've heard that one tube lasts for a long time. I think it's one of the few high end products worth the money. I highly recommend it!

on 4/23/2016 5:03:00 AM

I really love this concealer and don't understand why there isn't a bigger hype around this product. Whenever I go out or just really want to look good, I use this. I use a very pale shade, but once applied it blends very well with the skin tone. Unlike other concealers it really covers the dark circles around my eyes, however without looking like I am wearing heavy make up. It also does not create these fine lines under your eyes like some concealers that then actually make you look older. Feels very light and good on your skin as well. Sometimes I use a bit more product and blend it a bit to the rest of my face. Could be cheaper of course, but little goes a long way with this.

on 5/5/2015 11:03:00 AM

What a little gem this is. 15 ml, but they will last you forever. I sometimes ask my friends if they repurchase it, only to hear that they still have (and use) their very first bottle of it, bought years and years ago (germofobes, you may vomit now).

This is one of those products that fall in under the category "secret beauty tricks", which sounds so ridiculous and usually involves pouring different kind of foods over different kind of body parts. However, HR calls this magic, the sellers at HR calls it magic, and it has lots of loyal followers that agrees on the name as well. Strangely, I never see it in magazines although the reviews online always are in its favor. You need only the tiniest amount to look almost airbrushed. Its creamy consistency makes it a must have for my very dark eye area. Set it with loose powder and it will last and last and last.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this concealer. I've tried al kinds of concealers, both high end and high street, but nothing beats this. I've got very dark circles, i've actually been asked if i had gotten beat up when not wearing makeup, cause people thought i had two black Eyes. But this Little gem sure is magic!