Estee Lauder Pleasures

Estee Lauder Pleasures

3.4

on 10/2/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This perfume is POISONOUS... And that's why I love it 😊.

I love florals, but don't want to smell girly, worship jasmine, but don't want to smell like my grandmother and want a smell that...scares people? Perhaps scares is the wrong word. I suppose what I mean is that I have plenty of perfumes with medium sillage that suit my skin and, while that's all good and well, what really makes me happy is wearing this completely unnatural harsh little bomb.

It's supposed to be as clean as rain and flowers. If it's rain, it's acid rain and if it's a flower it's a carnivorous one.

Obviously, this won't appeal to most but I LOVE IT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I remember loving the smell of this on my mom's dressing table, very feminine, clean and fresh. That's why I decided to pick it up recently for old memories. I don't know why but it's not the same at all. The longevity isn't good for a perfume, the smell is pretty average, unlike the clean and fresh I remembered. My Burberry body perfume is much longer-lasting and distinct. Disappointed

on 12/15/2015 1:11:00 PM

yes this is pretty. It is light and a pleasure (no pun intended) for day wear. However it is nothing special or noteworthy. Nice unassuming , you will feel clean and fresh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This turned out to be ghastly on me. I wore it on a night out and spent the entire night trying not to breathe in the fumes of this cloying, somewhat rancid fragrance (and hoping no one else could either). I haven't had good experiences with Estée Lauder perfumes in general - they don't stand out or make me feel fresh.

Biggest disappointment ever ,and this comes from a person addicted to soapy , floral scents ! ..This should be called "Disappointments" , not " Pleasures " ...It is my first perfume from Estee Lauder and think it will be the last ..Because after several months of saving to get it after spotting a rare bottle of it in a local boutique , I won't buy again from EL ..This comes with a hefty price tag in my country and not easy to obtain , when I saw it for a good price I thought of hunting it ..I can't for the life of me detect or smell anything substantial to review , this like a slightly , very slightly scented tap water ! ..I have been collecting and reviewing perfumes here and on Fragrantica and on Basenotes for about 6 years , so I am not a novice , I know a lot about perfumes and have a big variable collection ....I f you want something Summery and basic get Pur Blanca from Avon smells the same but MUCH I repeat much more well made and at the fraction of the price .

on 8/8/2015 10:18:00 PM

I absolutely love Pleasures. From the time it first came out in 1995 when I was in my 20s to now, twenty years later it has been my signature scent. I've tried over the years to wear something else for a change but I've always ended going back to Pleasures. I love its clean, fresh scent. So much so that it is the only perfume I wear. 20 years later I still get compliments often on my scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Took me awhile to get on board... and now it's love. I've sampled this fragrance numerous times through the years. I guess only now am I ready for this class act of a fragrance. It's floral ... all floral elegance and so feminine. I've always been attracted to fruity fragrances. But I needed a change! Enter this classic beauty. Just got this for my birthday from my husband - the first birthday as his wife! This is a very sentimental gift and this fragrance represents a new chapter in my life - a very happy one:). This fragrance is very grown up but never dated. Transitions beautifully from blue jeans and tee to a black dress and pearls. I can definitely see myself reaching for this year round. This is the first ever Estée Lauder fragrance that I have owned so it's really exciting! I hope to try the other Pleasure fragrances and now my husband will always know what to get me for special occasions!

on 5/21/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Opposite of my type, this is clean, sharp, laundry-fresh, Windex-fresh. Verging on antiseptic, like a doctor's office or a dentist's office. Lots of pop, great throw, lasts very well, a lot of bang for your buck.

Cool, crisp, and icy clean, it cuts through heat and humidity -- crystal clear & uplifting. I don't even think of it as floral (even though it is) -- to me, it's more elemental, like air & water -- it almost has a watery, aquatic, beachy vibe, to me. I picture being on the beach on a cool day, breathing the fresh clean air -- rather than being around flowers. It's bracing.

IMHO, this is in the same clear crispy-clean category as Romance, Amazing Grace, Adidas Moves, Quartz, Oui, Tommy Girl, Freedom, Eternity, a couple Sungs, L'Eau d'Issey, Happy + flankers, A&F #1 Perfume, Bn9 Union Square, Banana Republic W, Body by Victoria, J'adore, Chloe EDP and other (often screechy IMHO) rains & squeaky-cleans -- they are usually clear liquids, in clear or white-trimmed bottles.

I've never really favored "fresh" or "clean" types at ALL, usually find them too sharp & like olfactory needles or jagged cut glass (with the exception of White Linen, which was a holy grail for me in the 80's-90's and my husband's all-time fave on me).

I generally much prefer warm, deep, sensuous scents -- complex gourmands, deep woody orientals, florientals, vanillas, musks, earthy boho perfumes. Pleasures Delight, a fruity-vanilla gourmand flanker, would have to be my favorite version of Pleasures.

However, being a lover of sensuous skin-musks (Egyptian musk, TBS white musk, etc), what saves original Pleasures for me is that it does eventually musk down on my skin, and I love its clean, almost white-musky finish.

When I wear this to bed and then the next morning (forgetting what I sprayed the night before) sniff my skin, it smells absolutely delicious -- almost like Body Shop White Musk, but much less earthy and much fresher. I think to myself, "Mmmmm, so good -- what did I spray last night??" -- and then I remember with surprise that it was Pleasures (??!!), and I gain a whole new perspective & appreciation for this scent.

I don't like its sharp, antiseptic, ozonic, Windex-y initial spritz too much, but I do love the drydown -- on my skin it turns into a (mostly) delicious fresh white musk, to my nose. It's strong, it's EDP, it has great throw & lasting power, and even though it's a super-clean fresh scent, you must spritz with care.

CELEB TRIVIA: I once read in a magazine that celebrity Vanessa Minnillo Lachey (married to Nick Lachey, who is a former 98 Degrees singer & ex-husb of Jessica Simpson) wears *only* Pleasures and has since 9th grade? (I think the mag said).

A Rouge18.com "What's On My Vanity" article confirms this: Vanessa Lachey says Pleasures is all she uses, and she keeps a bottle of Pleasures spray -- plus Pleasures lotion -- on her vanilty. (I kind of envy that -- I wish I could be loyal to a single perfume for many many years!)

on 5/19/2015 12:37:00 PM

Barf! Not to be racist but all Asian ladies love this for some reason, I don't understand why as it smells like a cleaner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is the most feminine, most beautiful perfume I have ever smelled. My mother-in-law is an Estee Lauder fiend! She buy double wear when you get the gift with purchase, and she gave me a tiny bottle of this that came with a gift. I was blown away at how much I loved this.This smells very floral, but not artificial floral. It smells like fresh cut roses, lillies, and peonies. 2 sprays will last all day long, especially on your clothes. I get compliments every single time I wear this. It is expensive, so I like to wear this on special occasions; such as, nice dinner parties, church, formal events. I could be dressed like a hobo, and 1 spray of this will make me feel so beautiful! 2 thumbs up!!

Popular Fragrances