Estee Lauder Pleasures

Estee Lauder Pleasures

3.5

on 6/8/2018 10:40:00 AM

This has been my perfume since highschool 15 years ago. I always like to have one in my collection and keep buying it when I run out. It's not my everyday go to as I found a better happier :) scent which is Calvin Klein escape. Pleasures is very long lasting and flowery scented. If like Jasmine scent this is the one for you. It is on the high end pricing which I don't like too much for all Estee Lauders perfumes. There are a few wholesale stores who would sell them for at least 30%. Less. Try fragrance buy.com if you live in Canada. They have all my goodies there. Or off course any outlet beside your home. Hope you found my review helpful. If so, please hit the helpful button so I know. Thanks so much for reading.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love Estee Lauder's perfumes, particularly Spellbound and Beautiful, which both smell AMAZING on me. Pleasures, however, is one of those scents that smells lovely in the bottle and lovely on many other people, but unfortunately, it just doesn't work with my skin chemistry, at least not for daytime/all-day use.

This one is marketed as a light, sheer, springlike scent, but on me the patchouli and sandalwood base notes are overwhelming, and they tend to get even muskier over time, making Pleasures almost too intense even for nighttime.

If you are one of those people whose skin brings out muskier notes, try it on before you buy it and WEAR IT ALL DAY before you decide. If, like me, you have trouble with it, try Beautiful or Spellbound as lighter floral alternatives. They're wonderful! :)

Such a modern classic! Shimmering, soapy, rain-drenched leaves and flowers on a spotless crystalline musk base. Dabs of sandalwood and funk-free white patchouli round out the finish and prevent this from just being straight Camay soap. Refreshing, pretty, and-- because it's a Lauder-- powerful even in its minimalism. I don't wear Pleasures daily, but my bottle gets good, regular use. It serves as a periodic "palate cleanser" for my heavier, sweeter, spicier scents.

You may sniff this and say "meh" just because it's reminiscent of so many similar fragrances that came after it and built on its hyperclean theme. But Pleasures deserves a lot of credit -- both for creating this whole genre, and for being an impeccably crafted and high-quality example of it.

I love Pleasures, in part, because I was already a young adult when it launched in 1995 and I well remember how very groundbreaking it was! No one had ever smelled anything remotely like it. Prior to Pleasures, every fragrance came with a little "funk" or "off note" of some kind or another: for example, Giorgio was heavy with fetid tuberose; Angel dried down to an armpit patchouli; Anais Anais had a tinge of rotting vase water; and even Love's Baby Soft went into dirty-musk territory at the drydown.

Pleasures absolutely scrubbed our sinuses into joyous rapture with its incisive, pure cleanliness from top to bottom. The first time I smelled it was on a coworker; she drifted past in her '90 brown pantsuit and we all went "WHOA!! What was *that*?" followed by "I must have that." It was holographic in its shimmeriness, making the wearer almost giddy.

Of course, 23 years later, it isn't groundbreaking at all. But I do still really love it.

on 2/2/2018 6:43:00 AM

This was a favorite of mine was in the 90's. I forgot about it until recently when I saw it at a mall and decided to buy myself a bottle again. I love this fragrance! It's feminine, fresh, and floral.

on 10/2/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This perfume is POISONOUS... And that's why I love it 😊.

I love florals, but don't want to smell girly, worship jasmine, but don't want to smell like my grandmother and want a smell that...scares people? Perhaps scares is the wrong word. I suppose what I mean is that I have plenty of perfumes with medium sillage that suit my skin and, while that's all good and well, what really makes me happy is wearing this completely unnatural harsh little bomb.

It's supposed to be as clean as rain and flowers. If it's rain, it's acid rain and if it's a flower it's a carnivorous one.

Obviously, this won't appeal to most but I LOVE IT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I remember loving the smell of this on my mom's dressing table, very feminine, clean and fresh. That's why I decided to pick it up recently for old memories. I don't know why but it's not the same at all. The longevity isn't good for a perfume, the smell is pretty average, unlike the clean and fresh I remembered. My Burberry body perfume is much longer-lasting and distinct. Disappointed

Biggest disappointment ever ,and this comes from a person addicted to soapy , floral scents ! ..This should be called "Disappointments" , not " Pleasures " ...It is my first perfume from Estee Lauder and think it will be the last ..Because after several months of saving to get it after spotting a rare bottle of it in a local boutique , I won't buy again from EL ..This comes with a hefty price tag in my country and not easy to obtain , when I saw it for a good price I thought of hunting it ..I can't for the life of me detect or smell anything substantial to review , this like a slightly , very slightly scented tap water ! ..I have been collecting and reviewing perfumes here and on Fragrantica and on Basenotes for about 6 years , so I am not a novice , I know a lot about perfumes and have a big variable collection ....I f you want something Summery and basic get Pur Blanca from Avon smells the same but MUCH I repeat much more well made and at the fraction of the price .

on 12/15/2015 1:11:00 PM

yes this is pretty. It is light and a pleasure (no pun intended) for day wear. However it is nothing special or noteworthy. Nice unassuming , you will feel clean and fresh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This turned out to be ghastly on me. I wore it on a night out and spent the entire night trying not to breathe in the fumes of this cloying, somewhat rancid fragrance (and hoping no one else could either). I haven't had good experiences with Estée Lauder perfumes in general - they don't stand out or make me feel fresh.

on 8/8/2015 10:18:00 PM

I absolutely love Pleasures. From the time it first came out in 1995 when I was in my 20s to now, twenty years later it has been my signature scent. I've tried over the years to wear something else for a change but I've always ended going back to Pleasures. I love its clean, fresh scent. So much so that it is the only perfume I wear. 20 years later I still get compliments often on my scent.

Popular Fragrances