Estee Lauder Pleasures

Estee Lauder Pleasures

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I remember loving the smell of this on my mom's dressing table, very feminine, clean and fresh. That's why I decided to pick it up recently for old memories. I don't know why but it's not the same at all. The longevity isn't good for a perfume, the smell is pretty average, unlike the clean and fresh I remembered. My Burberry body perfume is much longer-lasting and distinct. Disappointed

Biggest disappointment ever ,and this comes from a person addicted to soapy , floral scents ! ..This should be called "Disappointments" , not " Pleasures " ...It is my first perfume from Estee Lauder and think it will be the last ..Because after several months of saving to get it after spotting a rare bottle of it in a local boutique , I won't buy again from EL ..This comes with a hefty price tag in my country and not easy to obtain , when I saw it for a good price I thought of hunting it ..I can't for the life of me detect or smell anything substantial to review , this like a slightly , very slightly scented tap water ! ..I have been collecting and reviewing perfumes here and on Fragrantica and on Basenotes for about 6 years , so I am not a novice , I know a lot about perfumes and have a big variable collection ....I f you want something Summery and basic get Pur Blanca from Avon smells the same but MUCH I repeat much more well made and at the fraction of the price .

on 12/15/2015 1:11:00 PM

yes this is pretty. It is light and a pleasure (no pun intended) for day wear. However it is nothing special or noteworthy. Nice unassuming , you will feel clean and fresh.

on 8/8/2015 10:18:00 PM

I absolutely love Pleasures. From the time it first came out in 1995 when I was in my 20s to now, twenty years later it has been my signature scent. I've tried over the years to wear something else for a change but I've always ended going back to Pleasures. I love its clean, fresh scent. So much so that it is the only perfume I wear. 20 years later I still get compliments often on my scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This turned out to be ghastly on me. I wore it on a night out and spent the entire night trying not to breathe in the fumes of this cloying, somewhat rancid fragrance (and hoping no one else could either). I haven't had good experiences with Estée Lauder perfumes in general - they don't stand out or make me feel fresh.

on 5/21/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Opposite of my type, this is clean, sharp, laundry-fresh, Windex-fresh. Verging on antiseptic, like a doctor's office or a dentist's office. Lots of pop, great throw, lasts very well, a lot of bang for your buck.

Cool, crisp, and icy clean, it cuts through heat and humidity -- crystal clear & uplifting. I don't even think of it as floral (even though it is) -- to me, it's more elemental, like air & water -- it almost has a watery, aquatic, beachy vibe, to me. I picture being on the beach on a cool day, breathing the fresh clean air -- rather than being around flowers. It's bracing.

IMHO, this is in the same clear crispy-clean category as Romance, Amazing Grace, Adidas Moves, Quartz, Oui, Tommy Girl, Freedom, Eternity, a couple Sungs, L'Eau d'Issey, Happy + flankers, A&F #1 Perfume, Bn9 Union Square, Banana Republic W, Body by Victoria, J'adore, Chloe EDP and other (often screechy IMHO) rains & squeaky-cleans -- they are usually clear liquids, in clear or white-trimmed bottles.

I've never really favored "fresh" or "clean" types at ALL, usually find them too sharp & like olfactory needles or jagged cut glass (with the exception of White Linen, which was a holy grail for me in the 80's-90's and my husband's all-time fave on me).

I generally much prefer warm, deep, sensuous scents -- complex gourmands, deep woody orientals, florientals, vanillas, musks, earthy boho perfumes. Pleasures Delight, a fruity-vanilla gourmand flanker, would have to be my favorite version of Pleasures.

However, being a lover of sensuous skin-musks (Egyptian musk, TBS white musk, etc), what saves original Pleasures for me is that it does eventually musk down on my skin, and I love its clean, almost white-musky finish.

When I wear this to bed and then the next morning (forgetting what I sprayed the night before) sniff my skin, it smells absolutely delicious -- almost like Body Shop White Musk, but much less earthy and much fresher. I think to myself, "Mmmmm, so good -- what did I spray last night??" -- and then I remember with surprise that it was Pleasures (??!!), and I gain a whole new perspective & appreciation for this scent.

I don't like its sharp, antiseptic, ozonic, Windex-y initial spritz too much, but I do love the drydown -- on my skin it turns into a (mostly) delicious fresh white musk, to my nose. It's strong, it's EDP, it has great throw & lasting power, and even though it's a super-clean fresh scent, you must spritz with care.

CELEB TRIVIA: I once read in a magazine that celebrity Vanessa Minnillo Lachey (married to Nick Lachey, who is a former 98 Degrees singer & ex-husb of Jessica Simpson) wears *only* Pleasures and has since 9th grade? (I think the mag said).

A Rouge18.com "What's On My Vanity" article confirms this: Vanessa Lachey says Pleasures is all she uses, and she keeps a bottle of Pleasures spray -- plus Pleasures lotion -- on her vanilty. (I kind of envy that -- I wish I could be loyal to a single perfume for many many years!)

on 5/19/2015 12:37:00 PM

Barf! Not to be racist but all Asian ladies love this for some reason, I don't understand why as it smells like a cleaner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Took me awhile to get on board... and now it's love. I've sampled this fragrance numerous times through the years. I guess only now am I ready for this class act of a fragrance. It's floral ... all floral elegance and so feminine. I've always been attracted to fruity fragrances. But I needed a change! Enter this classic beauty. Just got this for my birthday from my husband - the first birthday as his wife! This is a very sentimental gift and this fragrance represents a new chapter in my life - a very happy one:). This fragrance is very grown up but never dated. Transitions beautifully from blue jeans and tee to a black dress and pearls. I can definitely see myself reaching for this year round. This is the first ever Estée Lauder fragrance that I have owned so it's really exciting! I hope to try the other Pleasure fragrances and now my husband will always know what to get me for special occasions!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is the most feminine, most beautiful perfume I have ever smelled. My mother-in-law is an Estee Lauder fiend! She buy double wear when you get the gift with purchase, and she gave me a tiny bottle of this that came with a gift. I was blown away at how much I loved this.This smells very floral, but not artificial floral. It smells like fresh cut roses, lillies, and peonies. 2 sprays will last all day long, especially on your clothes. I get compliments every single time I wear this. It is expensive, so I like to wear this on special occasions; such as, nice dinner parties, church, formal events. I could be dressed like a hobo, and 1 spray of this will make me feel so beautiful! 2 thumbs up!!

I just can't wear this perfume. I've tried numerous times over the years and have enjoyed smelling it on others but every time I have worn it I get a headache and slightly sick to my stomach. I love the bottle and the clear liquid. I think it's beautiful in its simplicity and I can see the appeal of this scent... a straightforward, super clean floral scent. On my coworker it radiates softly in a warm, clean, jasmine type scent. On me it's so screechy and makes my eyes ache. I gave this a 3/5 since for me it's a no-go but on others it works.

Popular Fragrances